Dark Energy by carlsojos

Chapter 23

Walking into town, I noticed the entire town seemed to consist of tents. Ray, why is this town so different from Zema and Piata?

This town was founded by Motavians, and they are still the predominant population here. They use semi-permenant tents. Instead of insulating with heavy materials to keep out the sun, they build in areas with more greenery, and use a breathable fabric to let the breeze in.

Ray seems to know a lot about this place. Do you travel a lot?

Yeah, it's pretty rare to get a job that's inside Kadary with such a good city guard, so I spend most of the time going from place to place. We find the hotel, and check in just in time to get the tail end of the dinner service.

As we get our servings, the innkeeper sits with us to make smalltalk. So, where are you folks from?

Piata. We're carrying something up to Tonoe. Have you heard of the place?

The innkeeper nods. That's our mother town. You want to head east to Krup, then north. There's some old caves that you can take to get there.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by mother town?

I mean, most of us descended from people who moved here from Tonoe. We came to rebuild.

Why?

The Innkeeper helps himself to a glass of wine. It's a long time ago. One day, an evil magician came to town. He razed the earth, and burned the entire town to the ground. Only two people, a brother and sister, managed to survive. The man swore revenge, and with the help of some Parmanians, had made the evil Zio feel the pain he had caused. Afterwards, he traded his axe for a hammer, and rebuilt this town to its former glory. It was decided among those who came to live here, that the town be renamed in honor of his sister, Pana. That night, reading the autobiography, Mahlay starts talking about some girl he eventually married after having some money problems caused by a greedy, but skilled hunter.

Next chapter

Join Phantasy Star Cave discord server and hang out with other RPG buffs. It’s free. Let’s beat quarantine boredom together!