Phantasy Star Cave is back! Read this important notice

Questions, suggestions and comments regarding Phantasy Star Cave goes here

Phantasy Star Cave is back! Read this important notice

Postby Missagh » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:05 am

Greetings Phantasy Star fans,

This website has been running for 8 years now and it has had its ups and downs. But as far as I can remember, the past two years have been the site's worse period. Mainly because of my choice of direction in life. For some years ago, I decided to devotedly pursue my career and this has been one of the main obstacles to updating the cave. I do have years of fan submissions (fan art, game, music and other contributions) stored and still have enough new content to basically double the size of the already large archive of Phantasy Star stuff available here at PS Cave.

During the past months, I have realized that I will need assistance with the updating. Luckily, BenoitRen, who has been a dedicated visitor of this website contacted me and offered his free time to help. With his assistance, the submissions, the game sections as well as all the upcoming Phantasy Star craziness will finally be added to the Phantasy Star Cave.

My apologies goes to the visitors who have contacted me the past two years and did not receive a response.

As I have now returned to the Phantasy Star community, I have noticed that it has pretty much fallen apart. I guess this is being mainly because of the absence of this board and other high visited PS board(s). I do apologies for all the members that have been waiting patiently for the forums/site-updates to return, I am truly sorry for it taking such a long time. Hopefully, there are still passionate Phantasy Star fans left out there, that wishes nothing else but to rebuild the Phantasy Star community as it was years ago. I am confident that this can be done, but only with everyones help.

Lets gather together and rebuild the Phantasy Star community! Spread the word: Phantasy Star Cave is finally back!
Thank you truly for the many years of very needed support.

Best regards,
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Anza » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 pm

I saw the email and I was like...

Holy...fuck... and I seriously said that out loud, man I gave up on this site ever returning almost a year ago, Casey and I used to joke a lot about when the site would actually be back but heck here it is...

and Benoit as an staff... that'd be scary If he acted like he used to but he doesn't anymore, good for you Benoit!

Now now everyone, lets try not to crash this site in a month kk?

yeah this is gm2987 maker of the now nonexistent (besides in my head anyway) PSV fan game.

Edit: and did we honestly need to import these posts from 2005? I think it's kinda pointless and wastes space... not to mention confusing.
Anza
Locusta
Locusta

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:08 pm

Anza wrote:I saw the email and I was like...

Holy...*... and I seriously said that out loud, man I gave up on this site ever returning almost a year ago, Casey and I used to joke a lot about when the site would actually be back but heck here it is...

and Benoit as an staff... that'd be scary If he acted like he used to but he doesn't anymore, good for you Benoit!

Now now everyone, lets try not to crash this site in a month kk?

yeah this is gm2987 maker of the now nonexistent (besides in my head anyway) PSV fan game.

Edit: and did we honestly need to import these posts from 2005? I think it's kinda pointless and wastes space... not to mention confusing.

Agreed, even if you were an annoying little knob.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Miles McCloud » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:40 pm

Wow, I thought this place was gone forever. I'm shocked to see it back, but in good way.

Yay!
Miles McCloud
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby skymandr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Minna san! Hisashiburi desu ne!
This is great news! I've missed the community so much!
I tried soothing the withdrawal symptoms with phantasystarwiki.com, but somehow that just wasn't enough! I guess I missed the DB-format too much.

Thanks Missagh!
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby thriwren » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:22 pm

Good to see this back up. Needed something to besides the "norm" stuff.
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby LegoMuskCat » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:42 am

I really like the new look of the message board -- it's very suiting, in my opinion. ^_^

But, as others have already said...it's confusing with all these posts. Why not have an archive for all the older posts from a few years back? That way, if anyone wanted to read the older stuff, it'd still be there without being in the way.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-xLQwKVm8

My video response to Missagh and Benoit.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Missagh » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:01 pm

Peegai wrote:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-xLQwKVm8

My video response to Missagh and Benoit.

Cheers dude, I appreciate that.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Zylo The Wolf » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:22 pm

I found an email about this in my junk-mails. Thanks a lot Hotmail, I almost missed the most important mail of the year. Great job Missagh, it's good to be back! 8)
I need a better sig
Zylo The Wolf
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby salviati » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:59 pm

Looks exactly same as promised! Old messages are kept as well --thanks a lot for going through all database related troubles, Missagh. :)

This board is now even more valuable to me for PS pages' board has been down since then.
I put on my robe and wizard hat.
salviati
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby zandor117 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Im glad this site is back up and running, I started to worry when algo-star-system and other classic PS sites went down.

Tip: If you want new users to flood in make a PSU section on the site.

Alot of PSU players know nothing about the games that came before it, this site would be good at informing them about classic PS but only if there is PSU stuff here to draw them in.
My name is Arawen on PSO and PSU.
zandor117
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Miraglyth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:54 am

I was a forum lurker last time around, and regret not joining in.

Glad for this chance to correct my mistake. 8)
Miraglyth
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby KexMex » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:21 am

I heard the rumor, got the e-mail, and rushed to the rescue!

Not that I'm rescuing anyone, but I'm still here. That has to count. ^_^
KexMex
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Amwhere » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:29 am

My first thought was:
"Yay!"

Nice to be back, really.
Amwhere
Locusta
Locusta

Next