Possible solution for random logouts...

Questions, suggestions and comments regarding Phantasy Star Cave goes here

Possible solution for random logouts...

Postby Missagh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:15 pm

I have noticed that since the shoutbox was added, random logouts happen. I might have found the issue and a solution for it. Always when it happens for me, I have two forum windows open on my browser. This is because I leave one open for the shoutbox and the other one for posting. What that can potentionally happen is that because the chat refreshes constantly, the session gets lost because of the new window being open.

I had this problem the other day constantly, I was trying to login to the admin area and kept getting signed out. I closed the second window and did everything in one window which solved it.

There you have it. I am not sure if all of this is incorrect until more testing has been done.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Re: Possible solution for random logouts...

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 pm

In my experience, I get logged out because I got disconnected for a moment. If I try to shout after that, the session cookie that allows me to stay logged in is invalidated.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

A partial fix...

Postby Zucca » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Users with browser that supports multiple sessions might get around it by opening chat in different session.

Anyway. I'm Using latest stable Chromium and I've never had those problems.
Code: Select all
Chromium   12.0.742.124 (Developer Build 0)
WebKit   534.30 (unknown@0)
V8   3.2.10.21
Flash   10.3 d162
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.742.124 Safari/534.30
Command Line    /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --flag-switches-begin --enable-click-to-play --ppapi-flash-in-process --show-fps-counter --flag-switches-end
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Return to Site related