Rolf sketchiness

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Shell Presto » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:29 am

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16221493/ <p>A rather plain drawing of Rolf for a fan game I may get involved in. It's the design I'll be using as reference for the rest of the pictures.
Shell Presto

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Benoit » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:00 am

Looks pretty nice. :)<p>I would improve the nose a bit, though.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1111958050[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Missagh » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:45 pm

Amazing! Well done.
Missagh

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Forge » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:01 pm

I like it!<p>The nose in the profile looks good, but I'd work on the other noses.<p>All in all, it is very good.<p>I'm forced to nit-pick here.
Forge

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:14 pm

I like it; good work!<p>Now you need to do some Motavians. :)
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:47 pm

I agree, the nose needs some work. But that is amazing. I wil nitpick as well, and say the face is too narrow.
Lassic's Chllun

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Lamanai » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:07 pm

I love it. :p
Lamanai

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Shell Presto » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:13 pm

Which noses need work? Someone said the profile nose was fine... that's the one I disliked most... <p>I made the face a little narrower because I feared making Rolf seem too bulked up. He's strong, but he's also pretty thin. <p>I don't mind people nitpicking, I'm trying to advance my skills, so...<p>And, Dorrinal, I can honestly say I've never tried to draw a Motavian. Maybe I'll get a chance to one day.
Shell Presto

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:59 pm

Now you're making me all kinds of hopeful!<p>I agree about Rolf being too bulked up. I picture him as a well-oiled machine, not a hulking monster. It's so not fair how much better he is than all the other characters...
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Rolf sketchiness

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:13 pm

I like it, however I have a suggestion<br>First of all, as far as the nose goes, I am inclined to say that it needs to be redone. The shadow of the nose is well done, but you need to actually draw the nose. Right now, to me, it looks as if it's nonexistant.<br>Other then that, there's just matters of personal preferences... such as the shape of his face, that I would change. However, it's apparent that you've chosen to draw it like that, and again, it's just a personal preference. <br>Well done.
LaconianShot

Rolf sketchiness

Postby LegoMuskCat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:22 pm

I like it! I have no problem with the nose, myself... Better than what I could do! :p<p>You've done a really great job, Shell. :)
LegoMuskCat

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Siren » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:44 pm

Well done...<p>I like his pose and posture in the full-body sketch.
Siren

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:53 pm

Think about the mix of styles and lighting. If you take a photograph at a certain angle with the right amount of light, it is possible that the nose is barely visible. But keeping with the rest of the cartoon-style drawing, perhaps actually outlining the nose would have been more consistent.<p>Shell this is a nice drawing! keep practicing! Practice on Motavians!
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Rolf sketchiness

Postby Etra McGarl » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:17 am

Very well done, i don't see the problem with the nose, but ehhh i can see why people are complaining about it.......but the drawing is awsome. :D <p>As for the head being to narrow, i say nay, it just looks to me that his forhead is slightly to high, but we all make mistakes keep on drawing. :D i don't want you gettign discouraged.
Etra McGarl

Rolf sketchiness

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:13 am

I wouldn't call them mistakes... no person is perfect, and as such, no drawing is perfect. Though, I'm suprised at how much I find myself and others striving for "perfection" when there's no possible way that we can ever achieve it... we have no reference.
LaconianShot

Next

Return to Fan stuff