Landrover added to Fallen Planet! Download update here!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:12 am

Here's the link (you have to copy and paste it):<br>http://wl.filegenie.com/~FallenPlanet/Fallen Planet Demo V.2.zip<p>In a brilliant feat of programming, I have completed the famous Landrover! <br>This update is identical to the other Ver.2 game, except for the inclusion of the Landrover. <br>It becomes available at the Landrover dealership in Abion, once the Hovercraft can be rented.<br>You have to buy the Illegal Landrover (16,000 meseta), then use it on your item screen while in Abion, The Landrover will de-cloak in one of the empty slots on the dealership, and you can put it into your inventory. Once you leave town you can embark or disembark anytime through your item screen.<br>I love it! I may just do an Ice Digger now.<p>PS- If you've already played a demo to the point of having the hovercraft already, you won't be able to get the Landrover. You must play from a save BEFORE the Hovercraft is unlocked. Sorry, but it's the only way. But have fun with it. It's pretty damn cool.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Gipper » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:06 pm

How did you get it to work from your item screen?
Gipper

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:19 am

Ha! Like I said, it's a brilliant feat of programming! <br>My goal was to create an item that, when used on Palm's surface, will increase your movement rate and change your walking graphic, and when used again would reverse the effects. <br>The key is to make 2 items, both that activate switches that cancel each other out, that also link to an event that will automatically replace the used item when used. So therefor I have two items that can only be used once, but when used, it automatically puts into your item screen that item's counterpart. (In this case, the Landrover verses the Landrover-Embarked)<br>The next trick is to link it to a parralell process event that is turned on by that switch the item is linked to.<br>Took me forever to figure this out, but I've tested it extensively and it totally works.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Gipper » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:37 am

Cool. Now at long last, the Hydrofoil, Ice Digger, and Airship can be inventory items! YAY!<p>EDIT: Yes, that's right. Airship. No, Wren is not involved. And yes, that is the order that the various crafts are acquired.<p>[size=small][Edit by Gipper on [TIME]1112056812[/TIME]][/size]
Gipper

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:43 am

I just want credit. Like I said, it took me FOREVER to figure out how to do it. =) But happy to help.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Gipper » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:47 am

Credit? In the immortal words of Bart Simpson, HELL YEAH! I am giving everyone who assists in any way on my game credit, from small (like contributing one idea for a dungeon) to large (Dreamer doing a Motavian, Dezolisian, and Dezolis Palminian tileset). Again, thank you so much.
Gipper

Postby gm2987 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:47 am

Lol... *had known how to do this for ages* although James your way is a lot easyer then what I had done XD oh well...
gm2987

Postby Tails99 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:30 am

Is it a demo or a save?<p>Damn typos and their crafty ways! ~z~ I'm tired.... Sleepiness talking...<p>[size=small][Edit by Tails99 on [TIME]1112070745[/TIME]][/size]
Tails99

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:05 am

The link above is to an updated version of the demo. No save files included.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Mage1 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:33 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Jamesfnquinn</i><p>Here's the link (you have to copy and paste it):<br>http://wl.filegenie.com/~FallenPlanet/Fallen Planet Demo V.2.zip<p>In a brilliant feat of programming, I have completed the famous Landrover! <br>This update is identical to the other Ver.2 game, except for the inclusion of the Landrover. <br>It becomes available at the Landrover dealership in Abion, once the Hovercraft can be rented.<br>You have to buy the Illegal Landrover (16,000 meseta), then use it on your item screen while in Abion, The Landrover will de-cloak in one of the empty slots on the dealership, and you can put it into your inventory. Once you leave town you can embark or disembark anytime through your item screen.<br>I love it! I may just do an Ice Digger now.<p>PS- If you've already played a demo to the point of having the hovercraft already, you won't be able to get the Landrover. You must play from a save BEFORE the Hovercraft is unlocked. Sorry, but it's the only way. But have fun with it. It's pretty damn cool.<br></blockquote><p>Where do you get the Landrover and where is the skull of DArk Falz?<p>Oh, and you forgot something...should I say it?<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Mage1 on [TIME]1112226007[/TIME]][/size]
Mage1

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:41 am

You get the Darkfalz Skull when you return Talis' Pendant to her. It can be bought at the Pawn Shop in Loar City once you get the clue from Deen outside of Talis' palace.<p>The Landrover Dealer will sell you an illeagal Landrover once you've rented a Hovercraft. There's no clue, you just have to go there after the getting the Hovercraft Rental.<p>Mage1- PM me and tell me what it is you think I forgot. =)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Mage1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 pm

Okay, I PMed you.<p>Isn't that a IG mistake?
Mage1

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:52 am

Sorry Im not current on my LEET slang. What is IG?
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Mage1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:19 am

I forgot the B in BIG.<p>Talis says something about a gothic guy...<p>How do you solve this?<br>
Mage1

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:59 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Mage1</i><p>I forgot the B in BIG.<p>Talis says something about a gothic guy...<p>How do you solve this?<p></blockquote><p>It's a main plot point, it's the WHOLE reason to get off the Abion continent. You either have to walk to Gothic city by way of the underground passage where you get Karl, or by taking the Hovercraft all the way around. Once you get to Gothic City, the Story can progress depending on wether you deal with the Bartender of Luveno's Lounge, or Kole the Guard Captain of Gothic.<p>Hmmmm.....Perhaps I should write a walkthrough after all.
Jamesfnquinn

Next

Return to Fan stuff