Laya.... (and mieu sketchiness)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Shell Presto » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:06 am

Well, I'm happier with how this turned out, so I might as well share it. It's the Laya part of the Orakio/Laya set.<br> Image <p>[size=small][Edit by Shell Presto on [TIME]1112609237[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Shell Presto on [TIME]1113892521[/TIME]][/size]
Shell Presto

Postby Shell Presto » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:09 am

I've also decided to throw a sketch of Mieu up from my notebook, partially because I'm mulling over whether I should do an inked an colored version of it.<p> Image <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Shell Presto on [TIME]1113892533[/TIME]][/size]
Shell Presto

Postby Miles McCloud » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:36 am

The Mieu looks really good! I like the pose.<p>Laya looks great too, especially the hand and arm (very realistic). <p>It looks like someone got bored during a world history class ;)
Miles McCloud

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:39 am

Both look very nice! ^_^
Benoit

Postby Shell Presto » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:40 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Miles McCloud</i><p>The Mieu looks really good! I like the pose.<p>Laya looks great too, especially the hand and arm (very realistic). <p>It looks like someone got bored during a world history class ;) <br></blockquote><p>Russian history class, actually.<p>And thanks!
Shell Presto

Postby Malakai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:35 pm

I like the Laya pic especially, since there aren't many pics out there of characters with an angry visage. Much of the time the characters are smiling or seem happy, which is ironic considering their ventures in life. Very nice indeed Shell. She looks like she's about to cast Nafoi or something of the sort.
Malakai

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:28 pm

I like the simplicity of the Laya picture. As with the picture of Orakio, it's simplicity makes it striking. For instance, the eyes seem to be the epicenter, and I was immediately drawn to their intensity. This picture conveys emotion, which is so hard to find in fan art.<br>Your Mieu picture is more technical, complex and dynamic, though not as intense. I like it... a good full body shot, but I'd have to say that I prefer your Laya picture.
LaconianShot

Postby Etra McGarl » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:58 am

Shell their awsome. :D<p>The Laya picture is hard to discribe, its very simplistic yet show great detail through how it was draw :D I hope to see more like that :D<p>And the Meiw as LS stated is very complex, although i like it just the same as the Laya :D
Etra McGarl

Postby Siren » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:48 pm

I really enjoy your Mieu sketch...the proportionsare dead on, the pose is dynamic and the hair is gorgeous. I reccomend that some more time is spent on the face, however.
Siren

Postby Starlight » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:39 am

SWEET! I'd like to see it colored!
Starlight

Return to Fan stuff