A PS MMORPG fan game (just an idea)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Starlight » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:43 pm

Myau, I think it's a great idea, I just think people would like to see someone actually follow through. Know what I mean? ;)
Starlight

Postby Gipper » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:29 pm

I see how Rules #1 and #3 apply, but how does Rule #9 fit in?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Gipper on [TIME]1113521459[/TIME]][/size]
Gipper

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:07 am

Laco can explain it also. <p>Yes laco, I fell for my own rule ^^ Thanks for pointing it out.
Lord Khyron

Postby Gipper » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:19 am

What are the 9 Wizard's Rules, just so I can be clear.
Gipper

Postby Zubon » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:45 am

Yeah, I've heard Khyron quote the "Wizard's Rules" a few times myself. It reminds me of the Dwarven Sayings from Tales of Symphonia, if anyone here's played it? *Idolizes Colette!*
Zubon

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:34 am

The Wizard Rules are as follows: Found from the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.<p> <blockquote><p>Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid. They will believe anything they want to be true or fear to be true. <p>Wizard's Second Rule: The greatest harm can result from the best intentions. <p>Wizard's Third Rule: Passion rules reason. <p>Wizard's Fourth Rule: There is magic in forgiveness -the magic to heal! In the forgiveness you grant, and more so in the forgiveness you receive. <p>Wizard's Fifth Rule: Mind what people do, not only what <br>they say, for deeds will betray a lie. <p>Wizard's Sixth Rule: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. <p>Wizard's Seventh Rule: Life is the future, not the past <p>Wizard's Eighth Rule: Deserve victory. Know that the victory you seek is moral and just to yourself. <p>Wizard's Ninth Rule: Contradictions don't exist, in whole or in part<p></blockquote> <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1113532622[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Zubon » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:45 am

I notice that rules 3 and 6 contradict each other a little, and therefore so does rule 9, ironically.<p>Note: If this double posts, sorry, but the internet just screwed up...
Zubon

Postby halla » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:12 am

Anyways LK arent you not following the rules yourself?
halla

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:54 am

Actually, the 3rd rule is summarized this way:<p>You and 2 friends are on a bridge spanning the grand canyon. Suddenly both fall over and end up hanging on for dear life. You, in your passion to save them, decide to try and help both up. But the problem is, they are both too heavy so all 3 of you fall to your deaths. Had you saved one, two people would have survived. But in your passion, you tried to be the hero and all 3 died. If you had thought, reasonably, two would have been spared. <p>Or use the case of your wife falls out of the boat into the water and is drowning, You realize you can't swim and will drown too, but you jump in anyways and both of you die. <p>It can also be explained by those people who get pissed and beat someone up/threatening phone calls and then get arrested.<p>Their passion ruled their reason.<p>The 6th rule is explained by this addendium. <p>"Reason states what exists, exists. From that all morals and beliefs are derived."<p>A abused wife, who has gone back 8 times, even after being near death 3 times, Will ultimately always go back. She will never change. Reason states that it is pointless to tell her to leave. All you can do is let her make her choice, and you just watch. <p>Also, look at communism. In communism, you believe that you owe someone for your bowl of soup, so you give it up to people who don't want to work. You support the thugs and lowlifes. When you need to understand that your life is yours to live. No one can rule your decisions, rule you, You can. You owe nothing for your soup, your status, your family. <p>Reason is the only thing you have when the world goes mad. <p>The 9th rule is explained this way.<p>A child molester who kills 300 kids, is evil. He cannot be good. Believing he is a good person, is a contradiction to what he is. Therefore, He is evil, not good. This there is no contradiction. A totally blind person cannot see. Someone killed is dead. There is no way they are alive. Believing they are alive is a contradiction. <p>P.s. The 3rd and 6th lead to the first one being broken. The first one is used by Dictators, Cult leaders, etc. <p>P.S.S I broke the 3rd rule with my talking to one of the morons here like a idiot. I should have listened to reason. Reason told me that it was pointless to try to explain anything, or even fight a point. I should have listened to reason, and not posted cruelty. In the end, I violated the first rule by believing a lie. I believed that he could understand and speak intelligently.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1113537454[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Zubon » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:06 am

Listening to reason isn't always good. If someone was in a burning building and only had a 1% chance to survive a "logical" person wouldn't take the risk, but if you were brave and/or loved that person you would risk it to save them. If you think that standing there and listening to a loved one's screams as they burn alive, just because it was "rational" to save them, then that's just wrong. Not saying that you think that, I'm just knocking the logic thing.<p>It's our passion that drives us beyond what we previously thought to be "logical limits". :)
Zubon

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:10 am

Exactly. Letting that rule reason gets you into much trouble. It is the reason people get in jail for domestic disputes, the reason threats on the phone get you arrested.<p>The reason boyfriends beat their GF's in anger.<p>But in your burning building case, if you "Deserve Victory" Which means you believe you are right, then you will try to save your family member. If it is justifiable enough to you, then you will try it.<p>People believe they "Deserve victory" when they try and overthrow tyrants. Reason states they will get slaughtered, But to themselves they believe it to be right.<p>In the end, If you "Deserve Victory" whether you die or not, You are at peace with yourself.<p>But like the bridge case, if you let passion rule you, all 3 people die. Reason lets you save 2. <p>
Lord Khyron

Postby Lysander86 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:59 am

Wow, I don't like those at all.<p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:30 pm

Rules 3 and 6 do not contradict each other, but they highlight a well-known problem for humanity. We let passion rule reason (some say we cannot help it!) and do not use reason as well as we should.<p>It seems that someone following the Wizard's Rules will strive to take control of her life, follow reason instead of emotion, and generally look out for herself.
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:34 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Zubon</i><p>Listening to reason isn't always good. If someone was in a burning building and only had a 1% chance to survive a "logical" person wouldn't take the risk, but if you were brave and/or loved that person you would risk it to save them. If you think that standing there and listening to a loved one's screams as they burn alive, just because it was "rational" to save them, then that's just wrong. Not saying that you think that, I'm just knocking the logic thing.</blockquote><p>If you kill yourself in this situation, then you are wrong. You have a moral obligation to stay alive.<p>Thankfully running into a burning building yields a much better survival rate than 1%.
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:07 am

Exactly. If you know you can't save them, and you die as well as them..<p>Your sacrifice was futile.<p>The problem is true ALTRUISM doesn't exist. There is no way to gauge whether it exists or not. Family makes it impossible. <p>
Lord Khyron

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff