Phantasy Star III2K Released!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Benoit » Sun May 01, 2005 8:43 pm

Clearing Mozilla's cache solved it. Got it now. :)
Benoit

Postby Mage1 » Sun May 01, 2005 9:16 pm

I have a strategy, train and get to the level 50.<p>Process: Train outside of the second city which is southeast of The main town ( the town where they don't let you go in), heal back and forthe (when you get hurt heal at the second city).<p>
Mage1

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon May 02, 2005 12:43 am

How could you leave out RHYS' anger?<p>It plays when Maia is kidnapped!<p>It is the most memorable Ps 3 music piece.<p>You must include it!
Lord Khyron

Postby Lysander86 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:09 am

There's a very simple reason: I already used Rhys's Anger in my other RM2K game, A BLURRED LINE. People from the various RM2K/3 boards I frequent associate that song with Talan unfastening the Link to the Catch Colony, so I didn't want to reuse it in this one.<p>I decided early on that I'd only use the opening song of the original, and although I'm using monster graphics from PS3, that's pretty much. I'm sure Kal's remake will be using all the original music, so that's good.<p>Yeah, I love Rhys's Anger. That song is awesome. :) <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon May 02, 2005 2:13 am

Using SOV music eh? I could give you a nice RhysAnger remix.<p>It doesn't matter whether the RPGmaker community associates it with that, It's a staple of PS 3.<p>The scene isn't the same without it. The new song doesn't seem angry at all.<p>That community can deal with games on other systems using the same music, they can with this. It must be in there..<p>The game isn't as enjoyable without it. <p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1115000055[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Lysander86 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:36 am

This is just a feeling, and I could be wrong, but I don't think you're going to like the rest of the game, Khyron. Leaving out Rhys's Anger is like the LEAST of the changes I've made. ;)<p>There's some stuff in there that's going to have purists foaming at the mouth, I think. I can't wait to see what you think! :D <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon May 02, 2005 2:41 am

I give you a automatic b+ for finishing a game. For the amount of work.<p>It was enjoyable..<p>I want Rhys Anger!<p>And.. Portraits ^^ And.. Less fruity townscapes.
Lord Khyron

Postby marmotgirl » Mon May 02, 2005 3:59 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>I give you a automatic b+ for finishing a game. For the amount of work.<p>It was enjoyable..<p>I want Rhys Anger!<p>And.. Portraits ^^ And.. Less fruity townscapes. <br></blockquote><p>Oh, pissmoanwhinge :p Take it for what it is - an individual's reinterpretation of a story. An alternate universe. A new opportunity. You want the same songs and the same dull old towns, go play the original. :D<p>Personally I think we should be absolutely embracing this kind of fulfilled creativity whatever aspect it takes. And this is a very, very good aspect if you ask me.<br>
marmotgirl

Postby halla » Mon May 02, 2005 4:55 am

You should make your Normal harder. Or make an easy level. I wanted to test your game not level up a lot to even get Meiu lol
halla

Postby Lysander86 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:27 am

Version 1.2 will be easier, but I'm not sure any of the changes will really affect Landen very much - people seem to be having troubles around the time they get to Aridia and the <Near>/<Distant> system kicks in, so that's the thing that's getting most of the tweaks.<p>Everyone will have more TP and you'll get more Meseta from enemies in v1.2, though. :) <p>How far have you guys gotten? Has anyone conquered Weather Control yet? :D <p>EDIT: I can't wait until you guys get to the part where it's revealed that Alisa III is really flying through space on the back of a giant turtle! Just kidding. :D <p>Lys<p>[size=small][Edit by Lysander86 on [TIME]1115039801[/TIME]][/size]
Lysander86

Postby Benoit » Mon May 02, 2005 3:30 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><br>The scene isn't the same without it. The new song doesn't seem angry at all.<br></blockquote><br>It's the theme of Vol Opt's second form.<br> <blockquote>There's a very simple reason: I already used Rhys's Anger in my other RM2K game, A BLURRED LINE. People from the various RM2K/3 boards I frequent associate that song with Talan unfastening the Link to the Catch Colony, so I didn't want to reuse it in this one.</blockquote><br>People from the various Phantasy Star boards associate that song with Maia being kidnapped in PSIII.<br>What will they think when they play "A BLURRED LINE"?<br>See where I'm going? The excuse doesn't hold.
Benoit

Postby Lysander86 » Mon May 02, 2005 5:55 pm

The excuse holds for me, though. I already used that song in an important scene in one of my other games and didn't want to use it again. If I was using all the other PS3 tunes and my mantra for this game had been "Stay as close to the original as possible," that would be one thing. That wasn't the goal for this project, though, and that's reflected in all sorts of places throughout the game. I think we should consider the absence of Rhys's Anger the warning flag that this isn't your father's Phantasy Star III. :D <p>I'm sure Kal's remake will be much closer to the original game, so hopefully this summer there will be two remakes to choose from: mine, and one that has PS3 music and graphics and is closer to the original.<p>This particular issue would have been resolved if I didn't love Rhys's Anger so much. I never would have used it in the pivotal scene of ABL and I wouldn't have thought twice about putting it in PS32K. As it is, I think the Vol Opt music works pretty well too.<p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Benoit » Mon May 02, 2005 8:11 pm

I'm in Aridia now.<p>The Near/Distant system doesn't work well. What is needed is a command in battle to be able to change weapons. As of now you have to choose one of two weapons before going into battle, and it will screw you over in most of them.<p>Mieu should have more weaponry available. She still has only one claw. I expected that the cyborg village would at least stock some cyborg weapons for her.
Benoit

Postby halla » Mon May 02, 2005 8:48 pm

I would just take out that system. Original didnt have it. I know you have changes from original but if its a problem you could just remove it.
halla

Postby Gipper » Mon May 02, 2005 8:50 pm

What I commonly do is set each character to have two weapons, then make all shields as weapons...you can still have them as defense statistics, but they equip as weapons.
Gipper

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff