Beta Testers needed for Fallen Planet-Non linear Fan Game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Wed May 04, 2005 1:40 am

Hello folks! It's been awhile since I've been around, sorry. =)<br>Some of you know what Fallen Planet is, and I'm proud to announce that a beta version of the completed game is now complete. The game can be played from from begining to end with three possible endings. <br>The game will not be relaeased to the public until July, when the final version is finished. However, if anyone would like to try the beta version, test it and help me with the final product, you will get all due credit. Beta testers will recieve a copy of the full game, a players handbook, maps, and walkthrough info.<br>However, beta testers are just that. You cannot play this game casually. You have to commit to playing it, paying attention, try to tweak things, and inform me of glitches. Fallen Planet is NON-LINEAR, so I cannot test all of the possibilities myself. Before I release this game, it must be air-tight and I need people who will help me.<br>Please let me know if you are interested.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Gipper » Wed May 04, 2005 1:45 am

I wish I could help...but for lack of an Internet connection on my PC. The **** router died...I am on my mom's computer.
Gipper

Postby Mage1 » Wed May 04, 2005 3:14 am

I wish I could, but I have to repair my scripting in my crashed game.<p>But your will be in July, I might be able to test it completely.
Mage1

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Fri May 06, 2005 11:50 pm

So no one can do it? Thats cool. But I wonder if anyone even is interested in this game. I've worked for over a year on it, and I'm discouraged at the lack of response.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby halla » Sat May 07, 2005 7:56 am

Dont know much about this. Whats the base story
halla

Postby Benoit » Sat May 07, 2005 11:38 am

I wouldn't mind beta testing it. :)
Benoit

Postby gm2987 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:36 pm

To much stuff going on right now, maybe late June I can...
gm2987

Postby Alis in Wonderland » Sun May 08, 2005 12:53 am

what platform is it for?
Alis in Wonderland

Postby gm2987 » Sun May 08, 2005 1:17 am

PC of course, I believe he uses RPGmaker2000 like me.
gm2987

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun May 08, 2005 4:57 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by halla</i><p>Dont know much about this. Whats the base story<br></blockquote><p>Phantasy Star- Fallen Planet - For PC made with RPG 2000<br>---Warning! Adult language!------ <br>Non-linear storyline! You decide to join the Mother Brain or the Resistance! <br>13 cities! <br>Over 15 Mazes and caves! <br>11 playable characters! <br>Four vehicles featuring; the Hovercraft, upgraded hovercraft, the Landrover, and the Airship (piloted by an old friend!) <p>First off, this is a game for fans of the orignal Phantasy Star series for the Sega Master System and Sega Genesis systems. More specifically, Phantasy Stars 1, 2, and 3.<br>This game happens simultaneously to the events on Mota during the Phantasy Star 2 game, except Fallen Planet ends when Palm is destroyed. (Sorry to ruin it for you if you didn't already know) However, this also forces me to include elements from Phantasy Star 1 as well as Phantasy Star 3, because the story demands them. This game is non-linear because much of what I've written was based on my research of the Phantasy Star stories, but I also had to cook some things up. Please do not flame me with complaints about the liberties I took with this story. I beleive I kept them to a minimum and used such things to only enhance existing Phantasy Star plot points, not diminish them with a bunch of new ideas. Also, you'll probobly notice that much of the subject matter is a lot darker, and more adult-oriented. That is because, unlike other Phantasy Star games, our heros are not in their teens, but full-grown adults. So logically, they would deal with more adult issues. With that being said, please enjoy this game. I hope it is as nostalgic for you to play this as it was for me to create it.<br>The year is AW 1284. The planet of Palm is known for it's affluent culture and beautiful cities. But unknown to the rest of the solar sytem is that all is not well on the green planet, and a dark cloud of doom hangs over it's citizens. You are Jams, an infamous mercenary for hire whose dubious morals can be considered both ingenious and despicable. With an eye for the beautiful women of Palm, and a nose for trouble; he and his best friend and conscience, Josh embark on a quest to find out who trashed Jams' house after he returns home from a job, and this leads them down paths they couldn't ever imagine. <p>The non-linear aspect really becomes apparent once you're out of the boundaries of the first demo, plus there's cool new NPC's and a lot of replay value. You can play this game in a variety of ways depending on the decions you make, so if you play it a second time, try it differently and you'll go on an entirely different path.<br>Most notable changes are the battle and monster graphics. <br>Encounter ratio has been turned from 25 steps to 35 steps.<br>Also I've improved the story elements and added some cinema to make it flow a little more.<br>More powerful items and techniques!<br>Major branching stories for maximum replay value.<br>THREE sepeerate endings; Good ( Agent ), Neutral (Soldier), and evil ( Mercenary)<p>Download Ver.2 here: (Cut and paste the link in your browser)<br>http://wl.filegenie.com/~FallenPlanet/Fallen Planet Demo V.2.zip<p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1115571685[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1115571925[/TIME]][/size]
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun May 08, 2005 5:00 pm

Here are some screenshots:<br>Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image <br>Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image <p>Also look for the cameo appearances of some old friends like: <br>Orakio, Rulakir, Dr. Mad, Tyler, Saccubus, Haspy, Medusa, Siren, and of course Dark Force and Mother Brain!
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Gipper » Sun May 08, 2005 5:51 pm

I know this sounds totally...off, but are there any trips to Motavia/Dezolis involved in your game?
Gipper

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun May 08, 2005 5:58 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Gipper</i><p>I know this sounds totally...off, but are there any trips to Motavia/Dezolis involved in your game?<br></blockquote><p>Sorry, but no. The danger of running too close to Rolf and company would be bad. Plus, there is so much established for those planets, I didn't want to mess with the events too much. Also, I really just wanted to focus on the planet Palm, cause I feel like it never really got it's due.<br>As a side note, finding a working spaceship is a constant source or irritation for my characters. Mother Brain has a tight leash on those kind of things.<br>Good question though. = )
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Wed May 11, 2005 11:12 pm

Just wanted to update everyone...the new graphics look pretty sweet! I'm excited about how my final version will look. If anyone has the ability to work with sprites I'd love some help on that level.<br>THANKS!<br>
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Alis in Wonderland » Wed May 11, 2005 11:29 pm

i cut and pasted the link and it said<p> FileGenie Weblink Service - V4.6 04.02.26 C<p>Members account is disabled!<p>Format: http://wl.filegenie.com/~user/filename.ext<br>
Alis in Wonderland

Next

Return to Fan stuff