PS3 Fanfic: Echoes of the Past (New Sectionette, 1/14)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Siren » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:14 pm

This is becoming more complicated, which is good. Keep writing.
Siren

Postby Amwhere » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:58 pm

I realized that as I was typing it, and I decided not to change it. There's only so many good four letter names. <p>(Fires up random name generator)<br>Eoce<br>Laad<br>Aulo<br>Suoj<br>Okak<br>Soes<br>Soni<br>Usru<br>Suso<br>Reom<br>Oebi
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:16 pm

The android began to walk down the tunnel, and was about to turn the corner when her passive combat sensors detected an incoming Foi fireball. Miun didn't have enough warning to get out of the way, so she could only steel herself against the coming blast. The fireball exploded on her back, propelling her belly first in the water.<p>She allowed herself to sink down to the bottom of the sewer, her face sinking several inches into the muck. Thanks to the soaked dress Miun wore, the fireball only singed her back, but the dress wouldn't be the same again.<p>Miun stood up and wiped the grime off her face. They didn't believe me when I said I could kill them. She thought, angrily. Well... I'll have to make them pay for completely ruining this dress.<p>The android hopped gracefully out of the water and back on to the walkway. The men, who been congratulating each other, heard Miun land and they started to shake in fear. Miun crossed the thirty feet to the men in five bounding steps. Taking each man by the neck, she slammed them up against the wall.<p>"I could have killed where you stood, yet you shoot me in the back!" Miun began to squeeze the men's necks. "And, now, I think I will!"<p>The men began to furiously shake their gas masked heads.<p>"Oh, you think I shouldn't crush both your necks?" The android squeezed harder. "Alright," she sighed, "I won't kill you, but I'll make you wish I had." She released the men's necks, and while they were slumping to the ground, deftly removed their gas masks and tossed them in the water.<p>"Why?" The black haired man said in between coughs.<p>"Why did you shoot me in the back with a fireball?" Miun replied as she walked down the tunnel. "Oh, you might want to take your comrade with you when you run out the tunnel. I think I broke his jaw when I hit him." Miun turned the corner, and then stopped. She heard the men throw up, and then one entering the water in a futile effort to recover the masks. It didn't matter if they recovered them or not, as Miun had crushed the air intakes as she tossed them.<br>
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:50 pm

Very nice. Amwhere, did you get my PM?
LaconianShot

Postby Amwhere » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:32 am

Miun allowed herself a chuckle before she continued on. She used her multiple vision systems to scan the walkway looking for signs of where the bomb was. It took a bit of searching, but her persistence paid off, as she found traces of footsteps leading down the tunnel.<p>Following the footsteps, she came to another tunnel entrance. Her passive sensors detected an atmospheric force field covering the entrance. They've got to be in here. Miun thought.<p>She passed through the force field and sniffed. The air was stale, but definitely breathable. Miun came across an old, rusty ladder leading up to another level of the sewers. The footsteps stopped at the ladder's bottom. The android carefully climbed the ladder and found herself in a small room with a closed door.<p>The door squeaked as she began to open it. "Well, well, well," a male voice said, "The military actually managed to send someone after me!"<p>Miun opened the door fully. A blue haired man in silver armor and a short black cape stood in front of the bomb. He chuckled as he saw her. "Such a pretty one too! Pity that you only have five minutes to live."<p>The android immediately recognized the man. "Just who is putting you up to this, Sain?"<p>"Wouldn't you like to know?" Sain laughed. "I suppose I could tell you, but that would just be a waste of breath."<p>"You seem awfully cocky for someone who is about to blow himself up." Miun said, "There is no way you can get out of the blast radius of the bomb in five minutes." Even I can't, she thought.<p>"Oh, I've got that taken care of." He held up an escapipe. "I'll be long gone by the time you go boom."<p>Miun snorted. "Coward."<p>"No," Sain replied, "I'm just smart."<p>"Well, if you're going to leave, that means I can disarm the bomb in peace. It looks like a fairly old design, and I can disarm those with my eyes closed."<p>"I totally forgot!" Sain slapped himself on the forehead. "Viren, get in here!"<p>The door on the far side of the chamber opened and a cyborg stepped through. The cyborg was painted black with red highlights, instead of being left the normal gunmetal color. Attached on it's arm was a TX-7 cannon, a somewhat outdated weapon.<p>"As long as you don't try to disarm the bomb, Viren here will let you live out your final moments in peace," Sain laughed, "and if you do try to disarm it, you'll just die sooner. I'll be seeing you later... well, pieces of you!" The man smiled as he activated the escapipe and disappeared in a flash of light.<p>Miun stared at the cyborg. While it's cannon normally didn't pose much of a threat to her, a few unlucky hits could prevent her from disarming the bomb. She sighed. "Here goes nothing."<br>
Amwhere

Postby Demon Child » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:41 am

:) Took awhile for you to add the next part but it was worth it.
Demon Child

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:18 am

Very nice. Took a while, but it's well written.
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:32 am

Don't let us rush you...
Siren

Postby Amwhere » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:32 am

She launched herself at the cyborg, and caught it completely off guard. Her claws ripped a pair of deep gashes in the it's chest. When Miun landed, she found herself nose to barrel with the Viren's cannon.<p>The impact of the 20mm shell made Miun stagger a half step backward. The round destroyed her nose and flattened itself on the thick armor of the android's skull. Miun quickly recovered and leapt at the cyborg, ripping open another pair of gashes.<p>Just as Miun landed, the Viren fired again. This time, the shell entered the side of her stomach as bounced off the armor underneath to emerge from her back. <p>Miun ignored the impact and rushed the cyborg. The TX-7 barked again, but Miun twisted away and the round passed harmlessly through synth-flesh of the her armpit. Her claws tore open another pair of deep slashes to cyborg's already battered chest. It feel lifeless to the ground.<p>Miun stopped the flow of artificial blood that was pouring from her wounds. "Not much of a fight." She said as she stood over the inert robot. Reaching down, Miun grabbed the cyborg's head with both hands. She gave what was to her a slight tug, and the Viren's head ripped off from it's body. Miun tossed it aside.<p>The clock on the bomb was showing a minute as Miun knelt beside it. She scanned it for traps, and, finding none, set about disarming it. Miun had disarmed this type of bomb many times before, and it took her a mere five seconds to defuse it.<p>Miun stood up and sighed as she looked at the remnants of her once elegant ballgown. It was caked with sewer gunk, stained with her artificial blood, torn by four bullet holes, and had a large burn hole in the back. It was a total loss. "Too bad my autorepair can't fix my dress." She said as she felt her autorepair system reconstruct her nose, "Oh well."<p>She left the now useless bomb and cyborg where they lay and began to work her way out of the sewer.
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:13 pm

*Sniff* It was so sad when Miun's dress was wrecked... !@#$
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:05 pm

*claps* <p>Nice layout for the fight scene. It was perfect. You're getting better, Amwhere. Take a look at the start and then read your last piece. You'll see.
Siren

Postby Demon Child » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:40 am

:) Good, would have been nice if it were more of a challenge for her but Im sure things will become more complicated as the story progresses.^_^
Demon Child

Postby Amwhere » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:41 am

12:42pm EST, March 21st, 2076: Kennedy Space Center, Florida, United States.<p>John had a very annoying itch that he very much wanted to scratch, but the spacesuit he was in prevented that. If a month ago, someone had told him that he'd be in a space shuttle with the Secretary General of the United Nations, John would have said that the person had started his St. Paddy's Day drink-a-thon a month early.<p>"Just relax, sir," The shuttle's commander said. "There hasn't been an space accident for decades now."<p>The speakers in John's helmet crackled. "This is Control. We are go for launch."<p>"Understood, Control." The commander turned around to face Secretary Schmidt. "You ready, sir?"<p>"When you are, Colonel Duster."<p>"Understood." Colonel Duster turned back around. "Control, commence countdown."<p>"Roger that, Talleyrand." The person at control began to run down the shuttle's systems. "All systems are go. Starting countdown at five seconds."<p>"Here we go, folks!" Duster said. "3, 2, 1..."<p>The deafening roar of the rocket engines filled John's ears as the shuttle streaked into the sky.<p>I'm riding on top of an controlled explosion, John couldn't keep himself from thinking, I hope nothing goes wrong...<p>"Talleyrand. this is Control. All systems are green. 10 seconds until MECO."<p>"Understood, control. 8 seconds until Main Engine Cut Off."<p>The roar of the engines died, and the force that was pushing John into his seat vanished. A metal clip, carelessly discarded before launch, floated in front of his nose.<p>"Congratulations, you two." Duster said, "You are now officially astronauts."<p>"Yippee." John said weakly.
Amwhere

Postby Kienashe » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:09 pm

o.O Very nice! I'll keep up to date for sure.
Kienashe

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:36 pm

So far, I'm finding John to be a rather likeable character. Will he be one of the main protagonists?
LaconianShot

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff