Phantasy Star: A New Beginning

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Sain Cai » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:01 am

Hi. As a huge fan of PS3 and 4 I find myself compelled to attempt a lil PS version of my own, using RPG2k maker or whatever it is called. I was hoping I could run a couple thought by ya and see what you think.<p>Basically the story will happen some 5000 years or so after the Alisa III crew defeated Dark Force. While drifting throughout space, they see a cluster of planets suitable for inhabiting (probably 5 planets for the 5 sections of the ship that had life per se). I figure to have the Aridia cyborgs finally die out, and the Terminus section be discarded and land on a "hidden" 6th planet (maybe if I want to incorperate the 6th planet, for now I will refer to 5 planets).<p>The counsil unanimously decides to call the new solar system the Alisa Solar System, and the 5 planets: Landen, Aquatica, Draconia, Elysium and Frigidia. I figure Dark Force has to be in here somewhere so perhaps on these 5 planets there are "seals" that bind Dark Force (perhaps on this 6th planet). These seals will be guarded by creatures, perhaps elemental (Ice, Fire, Thunder, wind, and Shadow/Dark: I figure these are the basic spells in the PS series). Of course the 'modern' characters will have lost the knowledge of these temples and Dark Force, since there are no occurances of late (save the elder guardians, think of 5th element where the safety of the universe was handed down to these priests.) Of course there has to be a bad dude in all this, perhaps a 'collector' of jewels, that will reward the heros for collecting these for him, then placing them into some sort of tablet that breaks the seal. <p>Instead of spaceships to transport the characters to the different planets, I figure why not keep the Layan Temples? Different keys/jewels will be needed to open the transports, much like the jewels were needed for the caves. For characters I haven't given much thought on it, but I figure to allow the characters to use more types of weapons. I know I will try and have a cat-woman in there ^_^.<p>For side quests I am kinda stumped. I want to have a kinda monster arena (FFX) to capture monsters and have an old fogie create new types of creatures. Maybe a few "Oh someone is lost" or "Geez, there is a monster eating my crops" Kinda PS4 reminiscent. Well if you have any input on my ideas, please reply whether good or bad. I will try to make a demo, as well as some kinda flash intro. Of course time is a little sparce nowadays.<br>
Sain Cai

Postby GroG » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:22 am

Cool story, if you are really serious this could be good. Give me a tell if you need any help, used to work much with rpgm2k.
GroG

Postby DaveGeorge » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:42 pm

I like that idea. I hope you'll go through with it. I quite halfway through with my game(Age of Neo Palm) because I did not work out the complete story and mappings beforehand..<p>Good luck! And if don't be afraid to ask if you need help with anything. I'm sure here are a lot of people along with myself that are willing to lend you a hand.
DaveGeorge

Postby Zylo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:18 pm

Seems like a nice story. I'm also working with a Ps3 fangame so I wish you luck and don't be to afraid to ask if you have any questions on RPGmaker. <p>Good luck.
Zylo

Postby Sain Cai » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:57 pm

Thanks for the imput!!! I am not very familair with rpg2k, so it may take a lil of trial and error to smooth out the way I want things, but I hope to get started soon.<p>Right now I am creating new battle animation spells, such as supernova and omega, as well as concepts for the basic spells like foi, wat, and tsu (gi and na), and some of the PS4 spells.<p>Physical attacks will be the PS4 ones, I have to rip the animations there (unless someone has for all the characters and can send them to me ^_^)
Sain Cai

Return to Fan stuff