Phantasy Star: Earths past, fan game(screen shots)Updated!!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

\o/

Postby Zucca » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 am

It's really nice to see that this project still has some activity. ;)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Re: Phantasy Star: Earths past, fan game(screen shots)Update

Postby mikepjr » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 am

It won't ever die, just going to take a VERY long time to complete... or maybe less time, we'll see.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Missagh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:37 pm

This is awesome mikepjr, glad that this is still under production. Do you have an estimate of an release? Either demo or beta.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby mikepjr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:22 am

No date at all, it's done when it's done.. and.. it's out when it's out... pretty much how iD does people with it's games lol.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby LegoMuskCat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 am

I wanna see, I wanna see, I WANNA SEE IT MAN!!

Lol, in all seriousness, I DO wanna see what you're talking about. These new ideas of yours should be interesting. ^^
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby mikepjr » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:40 am

Sorry to say that after so long.. i am canning this project... nothing i want will happen with it... i lost the spark i had... the ambition... the motivation.
It's all gone.
Sadly i can't script... i been trying to hard.. and it's hard to wanna sit day in and day out doing the only thing i can do which is graphics.. and nothing ever get done otherwise.
Eventually life took over for me... i also stop taking meds for my depression and ADD, so i can't focus anymore.... i'm lucky i can sit and watch TV at times.

Anyhow.. i might pick this game back up again one day, but for now.. it's pretty much canned.
Before anyone asks.. no.. the resources stay with me.. sorry.

To be honest i was kidding myself when i started this... if the engine was already there.. the battle engine... everything i needed had been there for me from the get go, i could have done this... but it was not... and my limited programing know how makes it hard.

So anyhow, yeah it's done... maybe one day we can get a game creation tool that has all i need and i can just take over and do all the other work needed, but until then... yeah.. the game is canned.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Missagh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks for the update and do what is necessary for yourself and if you ever decide to make this project go live again then we are here to follow the progress. Also, if you ever feel like contributing any of the graphics that you have made, feel free to submit to me as we are planning to open a resource page here on the PS Cave...
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby mikepjr » Tue May 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Alright.... if i submitted anything though, it would be new stuff.. nothing i made in the past.

I hope eventually something comes along that has what i need to make exactly what i want, leaving me only with non programming work to be done.
Right now i'm eying some software that's in development called ARC (Advanced RPG Creator)... once it's done i will check it out and see how it goes, if it makes things any easier for me, i will see if it works for me and my projects.

Sadly, more and more software that comes out for making games, are starting to require more programming legwork, and when you can't find anyone to do that part of the legwork when you can't... it makes things almost impossible.
I have stated on many community forums that, i just can NOT program.. or script as some call it.. it's not getting through to anyone.

I would think someone somewhere would see what i can do and go "oh hey, need a programmer?!" but it's not happening.
Okay i'm gonna stop now, all i'm doing at this point is whining and complaining, when all i meant to do was give an explanation, i will see you all another time.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby mikepjr » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 pm

I was unsure if i should make a new thread... or just necro post this thread..
I'm considering returning to this project.
I recently been messing around with RPG Maker VX Ace.. and i'm finding it rather easy to work with and get made what i want made.
And i was tossing some ideas around.
I dunno if the game will be the same as i originally planned it, but i would like to try something now that i have been using this maker.. see what i can get done.
I already totally recreated Final Fantasy 6's battle system.. down to a T.. i figure if i can do that, i can really get something awesome done Phantasy Star related.
So.. give your thoughts...
One idea i was tossing around was.. doing shops and homes like they were done in Phantasy Star 1 and 2.. where you get a first person view of someone standing there talking to you.
Like a nice throw back to those games.
I was considering also making a "what if" kind of game... what if nothing happen to palma in part 2? How would things play out differently?
Those are just a few ideas.
The game would keep a pixilated look, as making high res graphics can be a big pain in the butt.

edit
Wow, where is everyone? Has everyone left the forums?
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Previous

Return to Fan stuff