Web Sites

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Web Sites

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:41 am

I'm thinking of possibly making a PS website that would feature mainly artwork, pictures...etc...except the only problem is, I know nothing about making Websites. If someone could possibly enlighten me about how you do it...particularly Benoit, because you said you made your websites on Notepad which is the medium I would like to use <blockquote>it's more like real work</blockquote> so...anyone?
LaconianShot

Web Sites

Postby Benoit » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:11 am

Try to find a basic tutorial on HTML. That's how I learned it. I found a basic tutorial in a computer magazine.<p>Then you write it in Notepad, and instead of saving it as a .txt file, you save it in .html<p>Since it's vacation now, who knows I'll have the time to translate that whole article (it's in Dutch). %)
Benoit

Web Sites

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Thanks Benoit.
LaconianShot

Web Sites

Postby Redeemer » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:14 pm

At this point in ime I only know 1 language and thats english. I do plan on either learning japanese, latin, or german
Redeemer

Web Sites

Postby Amwhere » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:34 pm

Yeah, there are tons of decent HTML tutorals out there. After all, it is the language of the internet.<p>Benoit: I used to use notepad until I found textpad (http://www.textpad.com. Its non cripped, non time limited shareware). Having code highlighting combined with a spell checker that doesn't check inside tags is so nice.
Amwhere

Web Sites

Postby Benoit » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:58 pm

I consider software that does such checking for lazy people. If you type it correctly the first time, meaning you pay attention, you don't need a checker.<p>And I don't really need flashy stuff...
Benoit

Web Sites

Postby Amwhere » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:06 pm

To each his own, Benoit. #)
Amwhere

Web Sites

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:56 pm

I guess... :)
Benoit

Web Sites

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:06 pm

I found a great site! It features an interactive tutorial on html. It's www.davesite.com and then a bunch of links that I can't remember. So far I just know the basics, but I agree with Benoit. Doing it on Note Pad gives way more control without limits, plus, I think it ultimately makes you better at coding html. Now that I know a bit about html, it makes me realize how much work it takes...and looking at this site...it must have been dificult...
LaconianShot

Web Sites

Postby Mizehrith » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:16 pm

Aye, "www.davesite.com" - that's the one I referred to several months ago when I was planning on making my own site. I never really got around to it, though.
Mizehrith

Web Sites

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:41 am

Does davesite eventually get around to teaching how to make a website fancy (like this one)? Oh, and if you want more info on my upcoming site...feel free to ask...I won't get into much detail just yet though...
LaconianShot

Web Sites

Postby Mizehrith » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:36 am

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few design tutorials somewhere on the site. Look around, and I'm sure you'll eventually find something. :)
Mizehrith

Web Sites

Postby Goldark » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:05 pm

I stil remember something about HTML, there was a period when I studied because they proposed me a work which involved HTML knowledge (it then turned out in nothing). It had taken me some time, but the pleasure of making a site with only the notpad is priceless, but often nicer results are obtained useing stuff like Frontpage, Dreamweaver, and so on.<br>It really depends on how much work you are willing to put, how much spare time you have, and so on.
Goldark

Return to Fan stuff