Journey of Discovery: HuBBsDoctor *new* chapter 3 & 4 fa

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:04 am

Ok, just like in PSO world I will be posting my fanfic here. and I will be adding each chapter as often as I can. This fanfic is kinda a prequel to the Recollection of VanGarrett. But instead tells the tale of Hubbsdoctor. Going thru the Hunter academy. Please feel free to comment and leave feedback, suggestions, and the like. Lets begin.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1082217630[/TIME]][/size]
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:05 am

Journey Of Discorvery: HuBBsDoctor<p>By Hubbs<p>Chapter 1<p>[TAB]Well, here I am, at the foot of the stairs leading up to the academy’s main entrance. This is where I have decided to take my life.<br>[TAB]I am Hubbs; otherwise know as HuBBsDoctor to my friends. Well, with what friends I have. Its kind of an odd story how I got the name. Back a few years ago, when I was working at the Burger joint. One of the few friends I have, used to call me odd nicknames, like Hubbsanator, Supreme Hubbs, or HuBBs2k. But then he uttered HuBBsDoctor one day and it just stuck with me from then on. Kind of odd, but anyway life goes on.<br>[TAB]Anyway, there I was in front of the Hunters Academy. This is where all young people go to become a master hunter. Weather it’s to become a government certified bounty hunter or to just learn a new skill, people flock here in hopes of being accepted. Of course getting in is no piece of cake. I found out the hard way. There’s an admissions test every has to take. And I failed it the first time. But the following year, I studied hard and aced it easily. So now here I am. It’s such an odd feeling.<br>[TAB]Well, lets get going. I’m pretty sure the freshman orientation is about to begin.<br>[TAB]Slowly I walked up the stairs and thru the Doors I went. WOW! The hallway is massive. I looked in aw at the amazing architecture. Whoever built this was a genius. At that moment I also realized that I didn’t have a clue where the orientation was being held. I continued to look around. Then I saw this beautiful painting. I couldn’t take my eyes of it. It had a woman with brown hair holding up an exquisite sword. She was a looker if I’d say so.<br>[TAB]“Take a picture. It’ll last longer.” I turned around to see who said that. It turned out to be a small FOnewman with an odd shaped striped hat and shades. “It’s a marvelous picture. Though I don’t think it actually captures her essences very well.”<br>[TAB]“Who is it?”<br>[TAB]At that moment I felt a sudden impact at the back of my head. He hit me! I don’t even know the guy and he hit me.<br>[TAB]“That’s Alis Landsdale. I can see you are going to be one of those students.”<br>[TAB]“I hope you are a teacher so your actions may be justified. Because…”<br>[TAB]“First off I am a teacher. In fact I am the Master Professor of this university. My name is JWL and that’s all you need to know. Now hurry up and get to your orientation.” He then pointed in a direction for me. “It’s down this hallway, third room to the left. Now move along.”<br>[TAB]And so I did. I just hope I don’t have him as my instructor. I can’t even begin to imagine what he does to students who give wrong answers. Anyway I found the room and proceeded thru the door.<br>[TAB]Good the lecture hasn’t begun yet. I still see other freshman still trying to find a seat. I decided I should grab a seat myself. I sat somewhere close to the middle. As I looked around I noticed some androids coming in. I didn’t know they needed an education to become a hunter. I always assumed that everything they needed was programmed into them. One of them sat next to me. I just stared at him. His armor was pale white, he was really broad shouldered, kind of musculer and he had a horn on his helmet. He turned and looked back at me.<br>[TAB]“Greetings, I’m Draconis. I guess it’s safe to assume that we will be colleagues at this University.”<br>[TAB]“Yea, it looks that way.. I’m Hubbs. Uh, nice to meet you Draconis.” <br>[TAB]We shook hands. “So it is safe to assume that your are here to be a Hunter?”<br>[TAB]“That and I wanted to learn how to cook. You never know when you could be stuck in the jungle and all of a sudden your teammates get hungry.”<br>[TAB]I just starred at him with an odd face. “Okay. That’s an unusual hobby for an Android to learn. What got you interested in cooking?”<br>[TAB]“Thought it might be fun.” He then gave me this odd face. I just assumed he was smiling even though I couldn’t see behind his faceplate. I then sat back in my chair and saw this funny looking man walk up to the front of the room.<br>[TAB]“Will everyone please find a seat quickly. The orientation will begin in a beat.” He then leaned against the wall as he watched the rest of the students find their seats.<br>[TAB]“Alright then. Welcome to the 2nd division Hunter Academy. I am Professor Allen Llon Houst. And I will be instructing you on the rules of this campus. Lets begin shall we.”<br>[TAB]Oh man. Something tells me this is going to be a really long and boring orientation.<p>Time passes…<p>[TAB]“And that’s just about all you need to know for the rules. Now I will be calling everyone by name. When I say your name please come up and grab your schedule and section ID badge.” <br>Good thing there’s only about 70 or so freshman here or I might’ve died of boredom. Well it looks like he grabbed a piece of paper. That must have everyone’s name on it.<br>“Christopher Lou Allen… Betsy Alser…” <br>He just went on and on. My new friend Draconis was called up just 5 or 6 beats after the professor started. And that was like 10 beats ago! JUST SAY MY NAME ALL READY!<br>“Hubbs…”<br>“Finally!” Oh crap did I say that out loud?<br>Everyone that was left in the room just stared at me. I just smiled and said, “Oops.”<br>So I just walked up to the professor, grabbed my stuff and left without another word. Man did I feel like an idiot. Even as I was leaving the room people kept staring at me.<br>“Something tells me you speak your mind a lot.” I turned around to see who said that. It was Draconis who was leaning against the wall. I guess he decided to wait for me.<br>“Sometimes I do. Gets me in trouble once in awhile. So how long have you been waiting for me?”<br>“About 38 beats.”<br>“It’s been that long? Wow. So you want to tour the campus and find our classes?”<br>“I’m waiting for one more person. Then we can tour this place.” He then continued to stand in place waiting for whoever it is.<br>As curious as I usually am, I decided to ask. “Really? Who else are we waiting for?”<br>
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:06 am

“Me.” I turned my head and low and behold I was starring at an angel. Actually it wasn’t really an angel, but one of the most beautiful female newmans I have ever laid eyes one. Her hair were in two buns but allowed the hair to stick out. She was kind of short. Probably reaching up to my shoulder.<br>“Hiya, I’m Malady. I can see you’re a new friend of my buddy Draconis here.” She then stared at my face for an extended period of time. What is she looking at? Do I have something in my goatee?<br>“You need to trim your goatee. It looks to woolly and cluttered.” She then laughed and Draconis followed suit.<br>“I like my goatee the way it is. Thanks for the advice. So how is it you too know each other? Long time friends?”<br>Drac answered, “Yeah something like that. We’ve been buddies for like 7 or 8 years. I met her through odd circumstances.” He then made some sort of snicker. Didn't know androids could have a sense of humor. I need to get out more.<br>“What kind of circumstances?”<br>“Well tell you some other time,” Malady answered that time. “Lets hurry up and find our classes. I want to go home and…”<br>She just went quiet all of a sudden and was just staring off into the distance. Drac and I turned to see what she was starring at. All we saw was this tall and buff looking young man walk past us. Man was he ever buff. I can see why Malady just stopped herself.<br>But she kept on starring at him even as he made his way down the hallway. “You now who that is?” I looked at her hoping to get an answer. But I got it from Drac instead.<br>“That was Maxx the III. He is a 4th generation Hunter. Or at least he will be once he graduates.” Then some odd idea hit me.<br>“Hey lets go meet him.” Once I said that Malady came to her senses.<br>“Wha…what? Meet him?”<br>"Sure." We then followed after Maxx. It took us awhile to catch up to him. He’s a rather fast walking individual. Anyway, we finally caught up to him, and as I was just about to say hi and get his attention, he turned around and looked straight at us.<br>“Wh.…who are you? And why are you following me? He just stood there looking directly at me. He seemed nervous. Why? What does he have to be nervous about?<br>“I was trying to catch up to you and introduce myself. I’m….”<br>Then he cut me off. “Sorry, but…but I don’t have time for introductions. I’m terribly sorry. Good bye.” And just like that he left. Wonder what’s up with him? Anyway, Drac, Malady, and I just stood there trying to figure out what just went wrong. Well after that odd encounter with Maxx, we decided to start out little tour of the campus. It took us a long time to walk around the entire place and find out classes. Once we found our classes, we decided to hit the burger joint for a quick bite. After that we exchanged cards and Drac and Malady made their ways home. I decided too as well. What I found odd about our schedules is it didn’t tell us who our instructors were. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.<p>End Chapter 1
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:07 am

Chapter 2<p>[TAB]Well, here I am. Looking at myself in the mirror. Today is the fist day of the rest of my life. Funny. I remember my father telling me just before he died that I needed to find my role in life. Well, I believe I might have found it. I am going to be a hunter. Of course my father thought I would be better off joining the United Coral Army. But since there hasn’t been a war in centuries why bother. The army does nothing anymore. Besides as a hunter I could make some good money off bounties. Okay time for my lessons. I hope I don’t screw anything up. That’s the last thing I want. <br>[TAB]I left my apatment and finally arrived at the academy. Again I walk thru the giant doors and I am impressed by the architecture. It really is stunning. After marveling the place I met up with Draconis. He and I actually share the same combat training session. The room were the session was held was in a giant gymnasium. I looked around and only recognized Maxx. I wanted to say hi again but I was reluctant because I was afraid he might think I was following him.<br>[TAB]I stood there and look around at the modified gymnasium. There were mats towards the center and some target bags towards the back wall. The bags look brand new. It would appear we would be learning how to use guns as well. I love guns. I don’t know why exactly, I just always have. But enough about that.<br>[TAB]The instructor finally arrived. He looked rather young, possibly only a few years older than me. He was dressed up in a black combat suit with really huge shoulder pads. But this guy also has a mohawk. How can people take him seriously when he is still stuck in the 60’s. I don’t get it.<br>[TAB]“Greeting class. I am your combat instructor Mike Cohort. And we are going to have some fun these 7 months. Welcome to the Master Hunter Academy. In this class we will be learning the basics of combat and after a few months we will start with the advanced combat training.” He slowly walked back and forth starring at each of the cadets. “But first we will determine what kind of class each of you fall under. Hopefully, you young smart people selected a class type before you came in today.”<br>[TAB]Oh you beat I did. I can’t wait to become a Ramar class hunter. And so he walked up to everybody one by one and wrote down their class. There were a couple of people who haven’t decided and the instructor looked most displeased at them. He came to me and I told him my preferred class and then he appeared finished.<br>[TAB]“Ok people. Right behind me are three tables. Each one has a weapon on it. One table has sabers, one has handguns, and the last one has canes. I shouldn’t have to tell you which table each of you have to go to.”<br>[TAB]After he was done talking everyone, including me got up to grab our weapons. I grabbed myself a handgun and upon examining it I discovered that is was a standard issue photon handgun with titanium construct, an impressive piece of weaponry.<br>[TAB]“Okay class. Once everyone has grabbed their weapons, lets begin.”<p>***<br>[TAB]Well Combat training went well I guess. Save for the fact that the instructor beat the crap of everyone in a melee training session. The only people I saw that actually stood a chance against the instructor were Draconis and Maxx. But in the end only Draconis was able to topple the teacher. Afterwards, Mr. Cohort slet us go and asked Drac to stick behind for a few minutes.<br>[TAB]My left shoulder is killing me. I just hope it doesn’t carry over to my next class.<br>[TAB]So as I was making my way to my next class, I just so happened to bump into JWL. And by bump I mean I turned a corner and collided with him. Man he was pretty upset. I quickly apologized and helped him up and entered my next class. This time is was a room with desks. I could use some rest as I have been on my feet all morning.<br>[TAB]So I took the closet seat to me that wasn’t taken and slowly relaxed. I looked around the classroom to see if I recognized any of my classmates. Nope, no one I know here. But then I noticed JWL entering the room. Wonder why he’s here?<br>[TAB]“Okay class take your seat now! I’m a busy man.” Holy crap! He’s not my instructor for this class, is he? Stupid question. Why would he be here if he wasn’t my instructor. Duh!<br>[TAB]“Now that everyone is seated, let me welcome you to the Hunters Academy. This is the place where you are set apart from your ordinary hunter. How so, well here we educate you people to be reliable and certified hunters. So reliable in fact, that the government will even recognize your outstanding skills once you’ve graduated. Which is something a normal hunter could take many, many years to attain.” He paused momentarily and started walking from side to side. “I am Professor JWL, the Master instructor of this school and your instructor for this Techniques and Advanced Photons study course.”<br>[TAB]“Now let me take role. If you name isn’t called then you are in the wrong class.” He picked up his clipboard and slowly flipped through the pages calling everyone’s name out one by one. A few didn’t get their names called and so they left. Not that many though. Only four people.<br>[TAB]“Now then lets begin. As we know techniques have been around for…”<p>***<p>[TAB]That was horrible. Somewhere down the line JWL noticed me in his class and decided to make a fool out of me. So what if I didn’t recognized who the lady in the picture was at first. Geeze. Lets hope my last class is better. What did I have again? Oh yeah, Advanced Hunter Tactical Training. I think I have a basic idea as to what this class will be about. I think in this class we have to learned how to survive on our wits, learn basic tactical skills, and teamwork. It sounded rather interesting I must say.<br>[TAB]Anyway as I was walking towards the class when I heard a voice calling out to me. Sounded female. I turned my head and it was Malady walking over to me. "Hey Malady, how are cla....oof!"<br>[TAB]
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:08 am

I apparently walked in something or someone. "Lutz moron, watch where the hell you're walking!" I turned to see who said that was. Well it turned out to be a guy with a goatee that was as brilly and dark as mine, short spiky hair sticking upwards and was very big boned.<br>[TAB]"I am terribly sorry sir. I should've looked where I was going, but I got distracted."<br>[TAB]"Yea well make sure it doesn't happen again. Alright blockhead?" The goatee wearing mystery man then walked off in a hurry. Man was he rude. Anyway Malady finally walked over to where I was. Of course the first thing she did was laugh.<br>[TAB]"You should stop walking when you are looking around. Won't bump into people that way. Anyway, you got ten minutes?"<br>[TAB]"Sure I do. What do you have in mind?"<br>[TAB]"Well I'm a bit hungry lets hit the Mondoburger joint in the cafe and grab a quick bite." I nodded and then we were off. So far this day has been rather interesting. I wonder what that Tactical Training class will be like.<p>End Chapter 2
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:55 pm

Chapter 3 <p>Remember when I said this was turning out to be a rather interesting day? Well in an odd turn of events I ran into that big goatee mystery man that I bumped into, again. It turns out I have him in my last class. Oh course clever me, thought this would be an ideal time to apologize again but I don?t want to come off sounding like I'm sucking up or anything. <p>I entered the classroom and approached him from behind. I tapped his shoulder and he turned to check out who it was. <p>He spoke first of course with great haste. "Oh you must be that guy I bumped into. Well let me apologize for my rather brash behavior.? <p>I then replied, "Oh its okay, I should?ve been looking where I was going. Anyway, I'm Hubbs. What's your name buddy?" <p>"Oh my name is VanGarret. It?s a pleasure to meet you. So it looks like we are sharing a class together, let's go in." <p>And that we did. We entered the classroom and took a couple seats near the front. I sat and looked around the room. It appeared we had tables for desks. At least 4 people sat at each table. Towards the front I notice the lack of a plasma board. I find this rather interesting as the other teachers had one to post notes on. But yet this room didn?t have one. I continued to look around and noticed some electronic equipment. A few power conduits, some electromagnetic pulse machines and several computer terminals. I was trying t comprehend how all this fits into advance tactical hunter training, but I?m sure they some sort of purpose. As I continue to scope the room, VanGarrett taps on my shoulder and alerts me that the Teacher is here. I immediately turn my attention on her. <p>She was a rather cute Numan I must say. She was very small as well. She appeared to be half the height of Malady. She had this pigtail thing going on with her pinkish hair too. She approached her podium at the front center of the classroom and set her stuff on down. <p>She started speaking. "Welcome everyone. I am Dr. Lily Writing. Welcome to the advanced hunter tactical training class." She started walking away from the podium. "I would like to point out, that this class is split into 3 sessions. The first session is hunter mechanic repair. The second is tactical espionage and stealth. And finally, there's organized battle tactics III." <p>She returned to her podium and stood directly behind it, placing both hands firmly on top. "As you know it's essential to..." <p>*** <p>As the class ended so did the end of my first day at the Hunter Academy. In retrospect of everything that has happened today, I have assured myself that this is definitely what I want to do. As I walk out of the classroom, I turn to wish VanGarrett a good day. He did the same in return and hurried off. I decided that I will make off to and meet up with my new friends, Malady and Draconis. I don?t know what we are going to do, but Draconis assured me that Malady had something planned. I made my way to the giant doors that I walked through when I entered the academy, I was tapped on the shoulder. Turning around I was face to face with Mr. Cohort from my combat training class. <p>I immediately straightened myself up to show respect. "What can I do for you Mr. Cohort?" <p>He smiled at me, nodded and said, "Just wanted to let you know that you're a rather damn good fighter, Hubbs. I could tell you haven't had any training whatsoever, but you have a lot of potential to be an excellent HUmar." <p>"Um... why thank you Mr. Cohort, but I'm actually rather interested in being a RAmar." He took rather taken back by my statement. <br><p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1082217428[/TIME]][/size]
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:56 pm

"If that's what you want. But remember you have great potential. Oh sure Maxx was better than the entire class, but he comes from a long line of Hunters and he was probably trained at an early age. And your android friend, whats-his-name...?" <p>"Draconis." <p>"Yes thank you. Well he's a programmed fighter with a well balanced CPU and AI. And you were third in the class when we fought. Remember that." <p>"Thank you sir." He then patted me on the shoulders and walked off. <p>I was rather shocked. I knew that I had no previous combat training in terms of using weapons, but I could street fight rather well. Anyway, I walked out of the Academy with my head up high. I felt great. And I am totally looking forward to tomorrow and the rest of the school year. <p>I later met up with Malady and Draconis over by the cafe. They were sitting in deep conversation when I walked up to them. <p>"You can be so stubborn sometimes Drac, you kn.... Oh hey Hubbs." <p>I set down my bag and pulled up a chair next to the table. "Hey, hows everything going guys?" <p>"Well Malady and I were discussing what we were going to do tonight." <p>"Oh yeah? So what are we going to do tonight?" I sat back and leaned against the back of my chair. The chair was very comfortable. <p>"Well, I thought it would be awesome if we could hit a club tonight but Drac here would rather go we go see the MegaSlicers perform. And he won't take no for an answer." <p>"The MegaSlicers? Isn't that the judoshi band that was like arrested 70 times for starting some of the most extreme riots at their concerts?" <p>Draconis finally answered. "Yes, but remember life is short and you got to live a little." <p>"Yeah, and life will be shorter after you get nailed in one of their mosh pits." Malady was trying to persuade Drac apparently and like she said he was rather stubborn. <p>But in the end in was decided that we would go to the club of Malady's choice. We then parted ways, but before we did we exhanged our newly aquired guild cards that were given to us by the academy. Its a handy little tool. Something along the lines of sending instant messages. Anyway, we finally parted ways and I headed home. I took a quick nap. Which lasted quite a while. I think 300 or more beats. ThenI tooka quick shower and got dressed in some casual wear clothing. All I did was put on some black jeans and white shirt and grabbed my favorite jacket. <p>Before heading out, I sent a message to Malady asking for directions to her place. I waited a while and fianlly got a message back. The directions were as clear as a whstle. and I got there within under 30 beats. <p>As I entered the building it became apparent to me that this was a standard apartment complex. Malady and Drac lived somewhere on the 2 floor. I was able to locate their room on the second floor all the way at then end of the hall. I knocked on the door and waited and Malady greeted me at the door. Oh my. <p>Malady was wearing a really attractive, and revealing (but hey I'm not complaining) red leather dress. and she had on these wired style stocking on her legs. She was really smoking. <p>"Is there something wrong with my dress?" She looked at me with a concerned and annoyed look on her face. <p>"Oh nothing what so ever. You just look... incredible." <p>She started blushing and placed her right hand on her cheek to try anbd cover it up. "Thanks. Lets go and get Draconis now." <p>We made our way down the hall and picked up Drac. Funny thing. I never knew that an Android was even capable of partying, let alone enjoying music from one of Coral's hardest bands. Once we met up with Drac, me and Malady couldn't help but laugh. I mean c'mon. Just imagine a tall dangerous looking and intimadating HUmar with a giant Battle Ax. Now imagine the same HUmar wearing a tie. All jokes aside, all three of us made our way to the club. I believe the club was the dark Sanctuary. Yeah I thought it sounded friendly too. We enterd the place and bought our tickets then proceed to the dance floor. Of course Drac and Malady jump in there immediately. I just stood around to get the hang of the atmosphere. Looking around the place was very dark with constant strobbing lights and loud grudgey music. The music was pretty descent actually. I than continued to watch as Malady gracefully danced on the floor. She was an extremely beautiful woman I must say. And ya know. I wish I had the gall to ask her out and get to know her a little bit more. <p>About a couple hundred beats went by and I have still yet to dance. I was also spending time at the bar getting myself a couple club soda's. <p>Malady suddenly popped up behind me and grabbed my arm. She whispered something in my ear. "Come on and dance with me." But honestly I didnt have a choice, as she was already draggin me onto the flor before I realized it. <p>I stood there rather confused as Maldy was trying to deance with me. Trying to make me have a good time. And at first I was very reluctant but then I started to get into the groove. I started dancing along with her. Suddenly she started to cling to me and dance in a very exotic sort of way. And by the smell of it, shes had a few rounds of some rather strong alcoholic beverages that they serve here. Anyway, in this position that I was dragged into I did that best I could to keep up with Malady's exotic dancing. <p>Soon the night came to an end. I helped carry Malady on my shoulder back to her place and she walked in thru her door. She turned and smiled back at me. <p>"You are pretty good dancer you know that. And I'll see you in school." With that she closed the door and I.... Hey wait a sec. We've forgotten about Draconis. I was about to knock on Malady's door to tell her this, but then there was a crash from behind me. Turning around I see Draconis stumble in and tripped on a few wires in the hallway. I went over to help him up and made sure he wouldn't trip on the way to his room. I than told him goodnight and then I was finally off. <p>I finally returned home to my apartment and immediately crashed onto my bed. While laying there I started to think about Malady. I was wondering if she is really like that after a few drinks or was is she like that all the time outside of school. But of course I shouldn't conintue thinking about her. I mean there would be no way...<p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1082217498[/TIME]][/size]
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:59 pm

Chapter 4 <p>The first couple of weeks are flying by quickly. Already, I have taken a couple of tests for both Professor JWL?s class and Professor Writing. Professor JWL has actually starting picking on me less as I continued to get better in class. In fact, in a couple of occasions he?s complemented me in class. In professor Writing?s class we have been learning to effectively repair our weapons. It was rather hard I must admit. But I was thankful I was on good terms with VanGarrett. Watching him fix the weapons given to him is amazing. I sat there and watched him fix up an old school plasma hand gun in less than a minute. He was always willing to lend me a hand and give me some pointers and tips. He told me he fixes and repairs stuff as a hobby. He told me that his current project at his home is his truck. He spoke about that truck with incredible love in his voice. I questioned him about that and he told me it was once his fathers and that is his way of connecting to his dad. Very interesting stuff. <p>My combat training is coming along very smoothly. We just started target practice with guns today. Most people in the class were apparently ex-law enforcement, so this was no problem for them. My skill with the gun has been improving with every shot. Or so Mr. Cohort said. I thought I was just average with the gun. What I found really odd though was after class, Mr. Cohort would always call Draconis to meet with him. Apparently Mr. Cohort has some kind of interest in him. Drac was the top student in the class, so I guess it is natural. <p>Well, as for my social life. I must say it has definitely changed for the better. Before I started attending the hunter academy, I was pretty much a loner and never really hung out with friends. But now I am no longer a loner. I go out at least a couple times a week with Draconis and Malady. And on occasions Malady brought a couple of her other friends. But most of the time it was just us three. I still think off asking Malady out. But I think our friendship just can?t go that much farther now. I?m pretty sure she thinks of me as just a friend now and nothing else. But anyway, my social life has definitely been better since coming here. <p>Today as I came to school, there seemed to be something in the air. It was an odd feeling. It?s an incredibly odd feeling. Like d? vu only not has strong. I somehow have the feeling something bad might happen. I don?t see how anything bad could happen. You know what. I guess I?m just paranoid. I didn?t really have much sleep last night. So that?s possibly why I?m feeling this way. <p>I proceeded to Hunter training. I entered the locker and changed my clothes to my workout suit. Today, Mr. Cohort is having a little tournament. A hand to hand tournament I believe. Me and the rest of the men in the locker room then meet up with the female half of the class in the hallway and proceed to the gym. Mr. Cohort was standing in the middle of the room. As we approached him, he instructed us to sit around him in a circle. <br>
HuBBsDoctor

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:59 pm

?Good morning class. I must say you are some of the best students I have ever had during my entire instructing career at this academy. So today I decided to let you guys have a small physical hand to hand tournament.? He started walking around in the small circle of student which surrounded him. ?Just to let you know, I have approved this tournament from the Academy council. So if any of you end up getting seriously injured you will be excused from all your classes for up to two weeks.? He moved his right hand to his pocket and pulled out a small cube of some kind. He dropped it on the ground. It started to blink and beep and instantly a holographic chart image appeared before us. ?Ok class this holo-cube has randomly shuffled your names and placed them on the tournament chart. Check the chart and find your opponent. The rest of you will sit in those bleachers over there and watch. All right then let?s hustle everyone.? He clapped his hands and everyone in class stood and checked the holo-chart. I waited my turn to read the chart because there was way too many people crowding around it. Drac then approached and told me that I was the 3rd match and I would be facing Christopher. I looked over at Christopher. He was the tallest guy in class. He was somewhere around 7 or so feet. He wasn?t exactly built or muscular looking. Chris also had this spiky golden hairdo with some kind of blackish-red HUmar bodysuit. If I remember correctly Chris isn?t exactly the model student he should be. He is actually hanging by a thread in this class. He does poorly in target practice and can barely handle using a blade. So I guess it?s safe to assume that I might have a good chance of beating him. After collecting my thoughts I headed to the bleachers and sat down to watch the first couple of matches. <p>First up was Maxx and Lotus. Lotus is a nice numan girl. She?s somewhere about my height and has short red hair. She been one of the top students in this class. If would be nice to see how she fairs against Maxx. Both of them took they?re respected places on the matt. They were about 10 feet from each other. Mr. Cohort then gave the signal with his whistle and the match began. Lotus charge Maxx with incredible speed. But Maxx stood there holding his stance. Lotus flu at Maxx and swung her right leg at him. Maxx parried the oncoming attack by ducking sending Lotus to fly over him. He turned immidiatley and Charged after her. Lotus landed only one fifth a beat after Maxx turned. She then turned for a second attack but immediately found Maxx In front of her. Maxx grabbed Lotus? arm, leaped up and using both feet, kicked her in the chest. Lotus went flying back a few feet and was slow to get up. Maxx immediately charged her and nailed her with a clothesline to her throat. Maxx then knew he won the match. Lotus, lying on the ground coughing and wheezing, tapped the matt signaling she gave up. Maxx walked over to her and picker her up. They both shook hands once Lotus was able to stabilize herself. Mr. Cohort walked to them and congratulated Lotus and said that she can have off for the rest of class. She smiled and made her way to the locker room. Well I just learned something; Maxx is a very ruthless hand to hand fighting machine. I mean he beat Lotus with two extremely powerful blows. Up next is Smitty and Carl. Both were former fighters that were huge and masculine. They had scars on their arms proving they took part in many tournaments. As they?re match started, they immediately started exchanging blows to each other. Smitty landed several blows to Carl?s face and chest and Carl returned the favor. The fight then actually started to get out of hand. It was more or less turning into a tough man contest with those two just hitting each other in the face and chest. Blood was starting to drip immensely onto the floor. Mr. Cohort wasn?t enjoying this and immediately intervened to end the fight. As he broke up the fight, Smitty collapsed onto the floor. He was alive, but he just exhausted from all those blows. Mr. Cohort then declared Carl the winner and had some students help Smitty up and take him to the nurse? office. He was bleeding quite a bit from the cuts in his head. After this incident Mr. Cohort then instructed us to put on some rubber protective headgear. <p>Now it was my turn to fight. Christopher and I made our way to the matt and took our respective places. Mr. Cohort immediately whistled and the match began. I stood there holding my stance with my fists out in front of me waiting for Chris to make his move. Oddly he was doing the same. He held his stance as if he was mimicking me. Well it was that or he just uses the same stance as I do coincidently. I was losing my patience and decided to strike first. But it looked like Chris decided to strike first. He started lunging at me holding his right fist over head as if he wanted to hit me hard. I hopped over to my left and dodge his oncoming blow which missed. I charged at him like a mad man. I tackled him in the ribs and brought him down onto the matt hard. As I held him on the ground he kicked me in the back and then threw me off him. We both jumped top our feet. He rushed at me again and again I dodged to my left and swung at his gut with my right fist. I slammed it into him as hard as I could. The impact made a loud noise and caused Chris to cover his abdomen with his arm and he took several steps back. I figured that now was my chance to end it quickly. I charged at him as fast as I could. He recovered faster than I could even imagine. He tripped me using some kind of odd technique and I hit the matt face first. It was a painful feeling I might add. Now get this, the next thing I remember is a sudden impact to the back of my head and everything went black.<p>End chapter 3 & 4
HuBBsDoctor

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:07 am

Hm... Interesting... <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1082250528[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:00 pm

I think i'm gonna cry. All I get is as a damned response is "interesting."
HuBBsDoctor

Postby Amwhere » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:48 pm

Keep in mind that while most people (I believe) have played PS 1-4 (or can easily do so, if they desire) while only some have played PSO. For the people who haven't (like me), it can fly over their heads.<p>One tip for you: The comma is your friend.
Amwhere

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:56 pm

Join the club HUBBS, At least you GET RESPONSES.<p>I'll say It is something I'd read if I was bored :)<p>And since that is frequently, Well you get the idea ^^<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1082423337[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:57 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Amwhere</i><p>One tip for you: The comma is your friend. <br></blockquote><p>its called copy and pasting from word and having the everything screwed up after posting.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by HuBBsDoctor on [TIME]1082422689[/TIME]][/size]
HuBBsDoctor

Return to Fan stuff