Screen shots and Story from Fallen Planet; non-linear fan ga

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:17 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Siren</i><p>Also, the guard sprites themselves need to be improved, too. They look basic in comparison to Jams (cool name).<p>PS: My favourite dialogue right now: <br>Josh: "I'm going to kick you square in the balls for not respecting my authority!"<p>:P<br></blockquote><p>lol...thanks. I wish I could say I made it up, but it's a South Park homage.<p>also, I'l work on the sprite for those guards too. I always thought they looked so cool in PS1, so I'd really like to do their animated cousins justice.
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:56 am

<blockquote>Thanks GM! I actually debated using PS4 monsters, but they were the only ones I couldn't justify including in this game. You know, cause they spawned a 1000 years later and everything. The PS 3 monsters were kind of a stretch in using, but I can justify those. <br>Also I agree about the encounter ratio. It will be fixed, I promise. =) </blockquote> '<p>Actually, You can use most of the machine enemies inside the fallen Worldship in PS IV.<p>If those monsters roam the worldship, then that means they were around when the ship was created pre PS II or post.<p>Those monsters can be used.<p>You can also use the PS 2 machines.<p>Xe-A-thouls were also in PS 2, as were chaos sorcerers and Iomages. Lost of monsters... Look at the Dezo dungeons. <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1109739446[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:14 pm

I actually have over 90 monsters from PS 1, 2, and 3. I think that's good. I just didn't want to post screen-shots on all of them. Did you see that I have plenty of machines from PS2 on the new screenshots?
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:39 am

Still on track for March 9th!!! 2nd version of the demo is ALMOST done. I just need to test a few things and polish it up. I have to tell you guys, with the new PS monsters and backgrouds, it's really starting to FEEL like a true PS game. The gameplay is about 4x longer, than the first one. The non-linear aspect really becomes apparent once you're out of the boundaries of the first demo, plus there's cool new NPC's and a lot of replay value. You can play this game in a variety of ways depending on the decions you make, so if you play it a second time, try it differently and you'll go on an entirely different path. I haven't been able to post much on it lately just cause I've been working on it so much (just ask my girlfriend haha) I'm really proud of this updated version and I hope people are still interested. =)<p>Also; The encounter ration has been turned down and the monsters aren't so damn frustrating either. Plus I added some new story sequences to help people from getting lost.<p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1110253256[/TIME]][/size]
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:39 am

Just curious... did anyone who downloaded the demo reach "This is the end of the demo" message?
Jamesfnquinn

Postby toee » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:37 am

i realize that by now its almost march 9th and youre about to release the next version so ill just wait for that. but just figured id let ya know, if you didnt already, the link you have to download the first demo works but you cant download it cuz it isnt there.. cant wait to try this out, ive been playing ps3 to pass the time while i wait for somethin else to do :) hehe
toee

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks bro! I took Ver. 1 down, but the new one will be up tomorrow. I hope you get a chance to play it. =)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby gm2987 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:04 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Jamesfnquinn</i><p>Just curious... did anyone who downloaded the demo reach "This is the end of the demo" message?<br></blockquote><br>Really haven't had to much time to play it, after i herd you were doing a second verson I decided to wait for that.
gm2987

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:22 am

No worries. I really think you'll like the new version. It's ALL done, and I'm going to upload it tomorrow morning. Look out for it. =)<br>BTW- Thanks for all the support guys!
Jamesfnquinn

Previous

Return to Fan stuff