ill intent's manga

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby H Hog » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:42 pm

Whoas. That's rough, man.
Good to know you're OK now, as well as hearing that you haven't abandoned the idea of continuing the fan-manga entirely... but yeah, stuff you're getting paid for has the obvious priority.

Still, Khyron; don't be so quick to write off someone's motivation to do something just because said person isn't getting paid for it.
If people never did anything without getting money for it, practically 90% of all web-comics wouldn't even exist, let alone the grand majority of artists and their work on DeviantArt, to name but one community consisting of the artistically inclined.

Besides... by that logic, why would he have started drawing it in the first place? =)
Strong or weak, all that matters to me is whether or not you're flammable.
H Hog
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:29 am

Mm.. But Mr Hog.. Most of those comics will be STOPPED. Never finished. As soon as the artist realizes doing stuff for MONEY is more important, the artwork will be stopped.

or they will fall into the arrogance trap..

Same thing with fan games. Most artists pull the bullshit of not updating their sites for months/years and FINALLY making an announcement about never finishing it due to LIFE/ETC. If that is the case, why not say to begin with? Answer: Afraid.

Someone who makes a comic and then doesn't update it for 3 years or more has proven the fact that MONEY is more important. They focused on things that BRING MONEY.

Andrew proved my point.

Drawing a picture is for fun, a fad! Something to make you cool and show off. But in the end, devoting all your time on it without getting money/recognition is pointless. One has to concentrate on LIVING and WORKING.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby H Hog » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

That or they just got bored with it...
But yeah, I see your point. =P

Me, I only draw what I feel like drawing, when I feel like doing it. I don't get paid for it (and there's a slight degree of recognition involved but not enough to make me go "OMFG INTARNET CELEBRITY :D"), but I'm not expected to get anything done at any certain time periods besides "whenever the hell I want to".
As most fan-stuff ought to be like. It's one thing to do what you like, but like I said... stuff you're getting paid for has the obvious priority.
Strong or weak, all that matters to me is whether or not you're flammable.
H Hog
Locusta
Locusta

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:14 pm

Lord Khyron wrote:Well technically.. Santa gave him COAL because he was a aad boy not finishing the manga and making ps fans cry..

The coal them gave him Mesothelioma..

Bad Santa!

You psychologist folk talk like dat?
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Previous

Return to Fan stuff