Phantasy Star V - Fan Game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 am

I HAVE contributed. Done music for them. Sent ideas..

The problem is, all you people claim to have "Lives" and "no time." The time you spent on your god damn AIM, Yahoo or MSN could be spent helping out.

The time you spend partying..

People have more time than they know of. They just refuse to multitask. If you can post on a damn forum, you can help for a few minutes.

The community deserves harsh talking to. Everyone wants their OWN ideas in a damn game. No one wants to band together. 6 people could finish a game in no time.

Instead, bitch, moan, complain and feel sorry games don't get completed.

Have a life? My ass. Just a worthless excuse to justify time spent on other worthless causes. Im services, game playing, phone talking, etc.

There is no support at all for fan games. Just good wishes and the fans HOPING it is completed. No one wants to take a few seconds out of their day to help with a damn thing. Selfishness.

I've done my part. Done more than most of you hypocrites who quote "But I have a lifeeeeeee.. I have commitmens... Blah blah."

The PS community is so pathetic it is unreal. Most of you are on IM services more than you claim your "Life" should allow.

You don't have this damn problem in the FF communities or CT communities. Hell, groups of people start CT projects! They never get finished, but the community tries.

Whatever. He wants to do his OWN GAME because he can't get FAN HELP on his PS FAN GAME. A game WE SHOULD BE HAPPY is being worked on. Superior quality!

So we lose the game because of stuck up pricks who can't even volunteer a few minutes to help with graphics or sprites. It is sad..

Whatever. We should be ashamed to be a part of such a ridiculous community.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:47 am

Khyron, why don't you make a game? I'd help out, though I'm not much good at anything game-wise. Take back the ideas you threw out here and get a framework going. :o
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Music and ideas. Wow, so you sent some copies of somebody else's midi files? Bravo. If you've ever done any composition, I'd certainly like to hear it.
As for ideas, anybody can contribute those, and they're not in high demand... the people who make these games are huge on ideas, but short on realizing them.

As for lives, yes, people have them, Khyron. Just because you spend 8 hours on AIM doesn't mean that everybody else does. As hard as it might be to understand, people aren't on the internet hours and hours a day, necessarily.
Besides, if people are on IM programs or other things, it's because they're trying to relax. Again, a fan community is not supposed to be a chore. People contribute what they have time for. Benoit is in a position where he has the knowledge and the time to contribute a lot, so he does. Other people don't, so they only visit the boards.

Aside from that, have you ever considered that perhaps a lot of people don't contribute because there's so little follow through on these projects. I am not going to take hours out of my day to compose music if the head of the project is going to suddenly go on vacation and dump the damn project. It's not worth it. If I saw a game in the beta stage (or somewhere near) that needed music or other contributions, and I thought that it was going to be followed through with, then I would contribute.

Additionally, I'll attach my name to something that I believe in, not just by virtue of the fact that it's a fan game.

And Khyron, if the community is so pathetic, then maybe you should get some balls and leave.
The black queen chants
The funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the Court of the Crimson King.
LaconianShot
Locusta
Locusta

Postby skymandr » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 pm

LaconianShot wrote:Additionally, I'll attach my name to something that I believe in, not just by virtue of the fact that it's a fan game.

That pretty much sums it up...
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edless » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:12 pm

I think the real limit to us is the fact that the vast majority of people don't know how to do the graphics of a game.

If we could draw easily and if we were able to adapt an original design on a game, then we could make tons of games... but we cannot (at least I can't)... unfortunately.

It's like a common saying spread in the world of cinema and movies. "A film maker doesn't do the film he wants, he does the film he can"
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 am

Laco.. I have never sent copies of midi files o.o I don't have any idea where the hell you get that. My "Vengeance" and "Dancing with the Layans" isn't a copy of any midi file. I've shared alot of them with Etra and others.

In fact, I've never sent you any of my other music. I don't speak to you. Nor do I care to.

I don't spend 8 hours on AIM. 4 if I am lucky. Sometimes only 3.

Your attempts at insults fail.

Yes, you're on a IM service to relax. That contradicts your "I have a life and I don't have the time!"

Leaving would deprive my fans of my presence. That is not allowed. I am always here. Always will be here. Always reachable. I do not up and "vanish" or change names like most people do. I am a constant.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic. Fan games will NEVER fully be completed due to the community being pathetic. We have the PS 3 remake to refer to. The sad thing is, even if a game maker wanted to pay someone some amount of money for artwork, it would NEVER get done by the deadline.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:46 am

Well, this thread turned into a giant BAWWWWWWWW anyway. :?
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Oh, it's simple. I'm not saying you actually sent midi files or anything, I'm saying that relabeling others' work is something that I would find to be typical of you. Basically I'm saying you're a hack.

I don't spend 8 hours on AIM. 4 if I am lucky. Sometimes only 3.

LOLWUT? Hyperbole? Anyway, 3 or 4 hours is about what I expected, and for the amount of "work" you've done on whatever fangames you've worked on, it makes you look like a huge hypocrite.

Yes, you're on a IM service to relax. That contradicts your "I have a life and I don't have the time!"

No, it doesn't. People come home from work. Do they want to work? No, they want to take a little time to unwind. It's the healthy method of doing things.

As for your fans, I can't even begin to imagine the delusion it takes to truly believe that, so I guess I won't try. (TL;DR: "ENJOY your delusions.", to quote a great man).

Anyways, I'm done with this topic.

Well, I'm glad you responded to the intellectual aspects of the above posts,
talking about reasons why fans don't participate in creating fangames, from the fans themselves. But it's probably better that you didn't, because regurgitating asinine talking points is so much more informative than actually finding out for yourself. Why do the thinking when you can just generalize and think that you're right by chastising the community?
The black queen chants
The funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the Court of the Crimson King.
LaconianShot
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Fan stuff