PS Tabletop RPG

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

PS Tabletop RPG

Postby Redeemer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:14 am

Alright, so I've been having some interesting ideas lately concerning the topic at hand. Not sure if this has come up in the past, and honestly at this time I am too tired to look. But once I am finally done with the game I currently run (Heavy Gear 2nd Ed.) I am possibly looking forward to running a post-phantasy star 4 game. Not sure what the plot would be, but thats to be thought of then.

However, what my concern is what system would people advise, for those familiar with tabletop RPG systems. Or, if there is already a custom system or two floating around for it, where would I find it.

Also, discussion is certainly open to ideas for such a game, should anyone else want inspiration for a similar idea, or to share. :D
Once I was Valis Warrior, and then the Redeemer. But now, I am back, with 7 years experience to my belt here.
Redeemer
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:50 pm

There's always my webring. ;)

There's this, by former PS Cave member ROMeo.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Redeemer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:35 am

I've given it a few look overs, and I happen to like what I see. Looking at all the potentially broken possibilities of numans makes me giddy.

Also my integration of PS into my current game is going rather well, the players are rather dumbfounded at finally finding out just what the planet's real name is. Good ol Motavia.
Once I was Valis Warrior, and then the Redeemer. But now, I am back, with 7 years experience to my belt here.
Redeemer
Locusta
Locusta

Postby skymandr » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 am

What era are you playing? Care to share some adventure ideas? ^^
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Redeemer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Currently my game is centered around the system of Heavy Gear, although currently it is post-PS4 by about 2000 years, a little over. During that time (to smooth it out a bit) a few new celestial bodies have been caught into the solar system, and many more planetary control systems and system extensions have been built. However, most have remained undiscovered for the most part, or at least such discoveries are never made as global news in the game. The group did find one though, a subsurface facility meant to help monitor the underground water networks, and is also connected to a machine center. Im still determining whether or not I want to include a version of DF (or something similar) that managed to slip under the radar, even with PD's destruction, and over the centuries as populations died down and systems again failed, it made a place such as Nurvus it's little home until present day. It'd be far weaker, should there be one at all. I'll think of more an post it later.
Redeemer
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Abominae » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:39 pm

I'd like to participate in your endevour. You said "tabletop" so I'm assuming there will be no program scripting involved. If I am incorrect in this, I still have several idea's that may be of use. Just e-mail me with whatever you care to share.
Abominae

Postby thriwren » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:52 pm

I thought you was referring to the card game type table top.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Redeemer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:05 am

By tabletop I mean that I sit down at a table with friends, and I describe the world they interact with. Y'know, kinda like D&D? Not a lick of programming involved, just pretty much whatever I can come up with.
Redeemer
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Abominae » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:59 pm

In that case, I'd love to help you out. I've got a ton of idea's for just such a game.

I also have one that could be incorporated into this very site. If the admin is interested in hearing about it, that is. :wink:
Abominae

Postby Surei Uorushu » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:02 pm

YES! I would love to play a game like this! /spaz

-shot- x.x;
When you think you're finally alone, you're not.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Can I assume that his lack of reply is an indication that he isn't interested?

(the admin... not Redeemer =)

(interested in both, btw...)
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Missagh's more busy with his acting career than this site, so I don't know. :)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Eradose » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Well, this system really comes in handy. At least I don't have to use the wealth rule in D20 Modern/Future to figure out what the item costs are.

Well, here's what I'm going to be running. Basicly, my players will be using PS characters (as well as any other race in the D20 rulebooks) and weapons against the forces of Diablo. Yes, my campain is set as a futuristic Diablo II. (I have the official D20 campain book for Diablo II) Although, it seems a bit of a stretch, especialy for my first game that I will DM.
Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Missagh » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:34 pm

I also have one that could be incorporated into this very site. If the admin is interested in hearing about it, that is.

Benoit is right, I am indeed very busy, however that should not stop you from contributing to the community! Please do explain further, if you do not receive response from me, then please let Benoit know about it as he will keep me informed ;)
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Abominae » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Eradose - You lost me at "diablo" (I wonder how many people know that diablo is spanish for devil :D) Please elaborate.

Missagh - Well, let me back-track a bit before I get into the details.

A few years ago, I was at this Final Fantasy Fan site (don't lynch me just yet!!!) - www.fffanatics.com - They had this system where each forum member was credited with a certain amount of "gil" (FF currency - to be noted that it was not a system used until FF7) for each post they made and were awarded even more for each thread they created with an extra bonus for each poll they created. The money was used primarily to buy small avatars and customizable features for their ID, such as changing the color of their name, adding a title, tags, ect. Although, they were allowed to purchase a weeklong moderatorship. And that's about the entirety of the subject.

So, I was thinking that we could create a Phantasy Star based game using that system. Only, we'd be allowed to create a character that is awarded experiance points which in turn allows the character to level. It might even be possible to have browser based fights with well known PS enemies and maybe get a few people together for boss fights, all of which would award meseta.

Again, this is all theoretical and I have no idea how much of this is even possible. The details can come in later of anything comes of this. What do you all think?
Abominae

Next

Return to Fan stuff