Yay for more fanart!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Yay for more fanart!

Postby Eminems » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:30 pm

I've been practicing my painting, and I don't claim to be an artist, but I did these today and I'm quite proud of them. So I thought I'd come show them off. Also, I'm linking to them cause they're quite big, and my scanner sucks so resizing them will reduce the quality too much. Of the scan, not my painting. :P

First up is Rika: based on one of the images from the opening sequence of the game. I don't like how her eyes came out but... yeah.

Rika

And Myau looking a little out of place in the middle of Motavia, but since that's where you first meet him...

Myau
Eminems
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:35 pm

I like how Myau looks. The colours fit him well. Only problem is his feet. They're positioned awkwardly.

Rika is a good attempt. You're right in that the eyes are a bit off.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Surei Uorushu » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:09 am

Scanners suck they always mess up art.

But I like the way you drew Myau~ I love kitty-like beings.

._. You're so much better than I am at painting.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Eminems » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:40 pm

I love kitty-like beings as well. I should have been born feline. I'm not that good at painting, compared to most, but thank you all the same.

Anyways, this is more than just a delayed reply. I've been drawing again, and it's another one of Myau - this time pencils rather than paints because I'm going out later and it's best if I'm not covered in yellow paint. Photobucket's being silly tonight so I'll link to the image on devientart.

Transformation

Critique is encouraged and appreciated, although I think I've done it again with the paws in the winged-Myau. I should really be able to draw cat paws - at this stage of my career I should know my anatomy... anyways.
Eminems
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Mono » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 pm

I like the colors of the Rika work, and the sugestions of shadows and movement. Painting is something I am just unable to do, so I admire people who have the guts to do it.

I can´t see the white in her eyes, that´s what makes her look strange to me.

And the idea of having half a numan floating in some purple atmosphere is cool. :^P

Myau is right up there, good job. The transformation thing looks right too.
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Eminems » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:54 pm

Thank you. :)

I'm not very good at drawing eyes, it's something I know I need to work on. I'm glad you liked the Transformation one, I'm glad it turned out well.
Eminems
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Fan stuff