Eradose's art

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Surei Uorushu » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:03 am

Same, I thought that Alis and Alys were the same with different clothing and a little hair tweaking.

Though the reason why I always thought they were the same because of the awkward moments with Alys and Rune.
When you think you're finally alone, you're not.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby mikepjr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

Lol, that too..
And if you notice.. even Runes age is unknown... just some question marks or mark.

But with him it is a little bit more obvious.. especialy when they talk about the great Lutz.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Eradose » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 pm

You know, I too noticed how Alis and Alys kind of look alike too. A possible theory is that Alys is the reincarnation of Alis. But, that would not explain how they both appeared before Chaz when he picked up the The Elsydeon.

Another possiblity is that the programers had Alys look like Alis as a referance to the first game.
Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:19 pm

The only reason why people make a connection is because the English version calls her Alys. Her Japanese name is Lyla.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Eradose » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:29 pm

So again, I press the question. What character should I use? Alis or Alys (Lyla)?
Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Seizaku » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:14 pm

I'd say to think before in who among those two characters will bring more depth to your story, who will have the better possibilities to develop and make more sense? After you realized, that option should be more clear to you.

BenoitRen wrote:The only reason why people make a connection is because the English version calls her Alys. Her Japanese name is Lyla.

That's why I always said, Phantasy Star should have been a translated and not localized.
"This seemingly minor event sets an epic adventure in motion...." ~ Phantasy Star III
Seizaku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby mikepjr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:47 pm

I never could understand why games always have to be localized... they should just be translated.. thats it.

Hmmm... i say Alisa(Alis) just cause it would be neat to see her return in some fashion in some kind of story or what not.

Even if her real name is Lyla why the simular look and the age being question marks.
I always questioned the question marks.. why rename her Alys and not leave her name as Lyla?
Maybe the translaters were just making a referance.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

The question marks constitute a joke.
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Eradose » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Here's a preview of my next work.

Look familiar?
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Missagh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Looks great mate, keep it up!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Dr_Odin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 pm

that can not be anna now can it? :lol: :P :P :P
Dr_Odin
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:43 am

Anna with a clamp-art twist to it eh?

Phantasy Star X/1999 eh?
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Eradose » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:48 am

I am ashamed of all of you. Do you not recognize the outfit? Or the fact that it is the Elsydeon in her hand? It should be obvious who this girl is cosplaying.

As for the charactor, look at my avatar, the go here for more info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_Ultramaiden_Valkyrie I'd link to the offical site, but ADV Films is having issues with all their sites right now (you'd think it would have been resolved by now after THREE MONTHS)
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 am

Pfft.. I knew it was UFO Valkyrie.. But if you look at the facial structure and eyes.. It resembles Shamanic Princess. Which had the same character designer as the MKR series.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Eradose » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 pm

It's finally finished. Three days of work, but well worth the effort.

Valkyire as Alis
I tried to recreate the cover for Phantasy Star Generation 1 for the background. Given what software I had to work with, it turned out as good as it could have.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff