Phantasy Star: The Diablo Chronicles

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Eradose » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 am

Oh man, what did I get myself into with this one........

This is not a fanfiction. This is in fact a transcript of the first game that I am Dungeon Mastering. Using rules from various sources (including D20 Future, the standard Player's Handbook, a Diablo II campaign setting, and a few Phantasy Star D20 rules I got off the web), I created a world of magic and sci-fi. However, maybe letting the players run any character form any D20 source they choose may have made this a bit confusing. (Giving an android the divine spark trait so that it can cast spells was my call though) Oh well, at least they will have a hell of a time with this one. (Get it? Hell of a time?)

Now, what follows is what actually happened in game from what I saw. Thus begins the Diablo Chronicles....

~Log entry 0001: AW-2980~

The Hunters Guild had an order to investigate the Monastery of the Sightless Eye. Communications have been cut off just a few days ago, and reports were coming in of strange monsters lurking in the colony. The Hunters Guild sent a group of new members in to investigate. Midas, the kender rogue, Jesinthala, the elven ranger, Namfoadle, the gnome druid (and a notorious moonshine maker), Mithas, the minotaur fighter, and his brother Minis the favored soul, Raphial, the elven wizard, and Barberella, the android.

Barberella was a curiosity in the Hunters Guild. She was an android that was able to cast spells. This should not be able to happen as androids have no organic components. But, she has been installed with a mysterious unit called a "divine soul". This seems to be the key of her power, but we are not 100% sure yet.

When the group was assembled, we went over the mission. They were to recon the area, find out what happened at the monastery, and report back. A shuttle was arranged for them, and they were sent off to colony 72158.

Then everything went south from there...........

When the shuttle flew over the monastery, they were hit with an RPG. This sent the ship into a crash landing. The pilot didn't make it, but the rest of the crew did. After finding that the shuttle was beyond repair, Mithas and Minis (for whatever reason) decided to "salvage" the command rig. After three tries, they were able to pull it out (and damaged it to the point where it was no more good that scrap). After this, several humanoids were seen outside the wreckage. These creatures (called hereafter "fallen") attacked the group. As the battle went on, a sniper round hit the leader of the fallen, causing the others to retreat. The shot was from a patrol that rogues from the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye sent out to investigate the crash. They immediately took the group to an encampment that was set up nearby.

The encampment was the ruined remains of one of the monastery's outposts. The few remaining Sisters of the Sightless Eye were either there, hunting down creatures, or corrupted by a mysterious force. The commander of the rogues was a Numan called Kashya. She lead the group to the leader of the sisterhood, Akara. Akara was glad that the guild sent help, but asked that they went out to where a hoard of monsters were gathering to prove that they were there to help.

Midas wasted no time in making enemies in the encampment. He hit on several of the rogues (being a rogue himself, he may have though he had a chance), only to be spurned. He eventually started to call every sister a "b****", and tried to leave the encampment. But, as soon as he did, he was attacked by a wandering group of zombies. Running back to the safety of the encampment (thanks to a magic seal around the entrances), he realise that leaving now would be a bad idea.

The group also encountered a motavian called Warriv. He was a master of a caravan heading to the city of Lut Gholein. However, due to the monster attacks, he was stuck at the encampment. There was also a dezorian merchant called Gheed. Warriv distrusted Gheed, thinking him greedy. There was also a human mechanic by the name of Smithy as well in the encampment.

After taking the time to rest, the group set off to find the "Den of Evil" that Akara spoke of. After heading southeast, they encountered a camp of fallen. The group made short work of them (even though Midas, for whatever reason, tried to sell them info instead), but the fight attracted a hoard of zombies. However, the group had little trouble dealing with them too. After the last zombie was re-dead, they set off again to the "Den of Evil".

~End transmission~
Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Eradose » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Two weeks overdue on this report. But, it took two games to finish the Den of Evil. I hope to get these reports out more often, but it all depends on how much gaming we get done. Also, I don't like to kill of characters so early in the game (being a first time DM and all), but the campaign I'm running is mostly combat oriented, and that would make Midas a little useless (Group's idea, not mine). So, he was replaced, and I had to kill off the old character. I also put in a Doctor Who referance due to the fact that a few members in the group are Doctor Who fans. Not much else to say.

~Log entry 0002: AW-2980~

After a short hike across the wilderness, the group found the "Den of Evil". The stone stairs leading in were slick due to the rainfall. Unfourtonatly, Midas slipped and broke his neck. Commander Jesinthala, following instructions, tried to set up a local comm channel with a training squad in the area. However, the training squad ran into problems as well, leaving Tanis, a human ranger, the only survivor. He was on his way to the encampment as well when he got the call from Jesinthala. Meeting up with them, the group continued their mission into the "Den of Evil".

Upon entering the cave, they encountered four class B gun drones, and several undead. Making quick work of them, the encountered a few quill rats further in. However, durring the battle, a group of fallen ones came up for behind. But, the group was able to take care of the threat before they became a problem.

But, when they went into the cave's second level, thing turned for the worse. A very large group of fallen ones were down there. As well as several zombies, two gun drones, and a pair of bugbears. The group was barely able to survive. But, after a few close calls, all the bio-monsters in the cave were defeated. A search of the cave yealded a few suplies, ammunition, and a strange device called a "Sonic Screwdriver". It seems to be a type of cyber wand left behind durring the time of the Time Lords centuries earlier.

The group returned to the encampment to report their progress. But, when they entered, Kashya informed them of a dire emergency. Aparently, a corrupted rouge by the name of Blood Raven has been raising dead as zombies in the graveyard. What was worse, Midas may be one of them now. The group had no choice, and set off for the graveyard.

~End transmission~
Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Fan stuff