How about a group fan game?

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Will this project go anywhere?

Nah, don't waste your time on it...
7%
Of course it will! Give it your best!
93%

Total votes : 14

How about a group fan game?

Postby Danny » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:04 am

I've talked about this with Rodrigo and we both want to make another fan game, this time in a group effort! The difference is that, it should be a brand-new, original fan game since people are kind of getting tired of adventures and quests. It hasen't really gone anywhere since we're pretty much stumped without any ideas... Hopefully, we can build a team and get some ideas in this topic.

Okay, what I was thinking is that this game should take place on the planet that Crys/Adan crash landed in PSIII. As for the main character/s, they should be some how related to either Crys or Adan (preferably Crys since he was my favorite third generation character in PSIII). Maybe Crys or Adan's grand children or great grand children. I also imagine that the planet should be a tropical one since it would seem like a nice balance between Motavia (which is a desert planet) and Dezolis (ice planet).

I'm not even sure if we'll use RPG Maker 2000 or another one yet...
Anyways, feel free to drop any ideas or comments/suggestions.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:37 am

Well, about all I can suggest is that the characters in such a game are at least a few times less mentally handicapped than the PS3 cast.

I mean, Dark Force and the people who knew how to stop him just sat around for a thousand years and nobody ever noticed. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN. Hell, they even knew the truth about all the wars and crap, and continued to just sit around as the Orakians and Layans stupidly fought eachother for centuries. The game's plot was just one monumental boneheaded decision/reveal after another.

Or the spectacular endings where the main character decides to try and kill everyone in the party because the empty, no-longer-a-threat city 'is just too meanypantsy,' unleashing the ULTIMATE PLOT TECHNIQUE after defeating the ultimate evil. Why did they bother with megiddo? And what the hell was regrantz for, outside of getting people out of the way of idiots using megiddo?

WHY WAS EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME SO FREAKING BAD?

...errrrrrr what i'm saying is ya totally a group rpg would be awesomesauce i'll try to think of some way to help eventually.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:20 am

Sure, why not. I could do the programming if we're going to use SDL with C++. I'm really just asking for motivation to do a fan game so I can do more than make a character walk around on a background.

Dreamer was working on one, but she has disappeared.
meteor9 wrote:I mean, Dark Force and the people who knew how to stop him just sat around for a thousand years and nobody ever noticed. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN.

Passages got sealed, remember?
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby meteor9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:49 am

BenoitRen wrote:
meteor9 wrote:I mean, Dark Force and the people who knew how to stop him just sat around for a thousand years and nobody ever noticed. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN.

Passages got sealed, remember?

Well, in that case, why'd they do that?
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:10 pm

To stop people from warring with each other all over the place, I think.

By the way, I improved the code of my Chaz 'demo' so he can no longer moonwalk not long after you reported it. :P
BenoitRen

Postby meteor9 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 am

BenoitRen wrote:To stop people from warring with each other all over the place, I think.

Well, a whole lot of good that did. The wars still happen regardless AND the way to end it all and reveal the truth is sealed up. GOOD JOB, GUYS.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 pm

The only place where wars still happened was in Aquatica, the only dome where Orakians and Layans co-existed. That's much better than the entire ship.

People wouldn't have accepted the truth at that time. They were full of hatred for each other.
BenoitRen

Postby Mono » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:20 pm

I have writen a fanfic about how it all happened, tying loose ends together. Couldn´t be bothered to translate it to English, though.

I have scanned a comic/manga/whatever of the same fanfic and actually kinda translated that, but now I am ashamed to link it here (it may have been posted on the boards years ago) :^P
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 pm

It was posted on the board years ago, and is linked on the webring.

Phantasy Star: Legends Live Forever
BenoitRen

Postby rodrigo » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:27 pm

if we are going to do this we should discuss it in another place.

We learned by previous experience that it is a bad idea to discuss the story of the game in the forum... let's make it a secret and a surprise.

I suggest that people that are interested say how they could contribute and then we could make a private discussion...

so I'll start, there's raja and chaz adventure for my background... and I would like to really work on the story before starting...so I would like to help mainly with the story...
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Danny » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:55 am

rodrigo wrote:We learned by previous experience that it is a bad idea to discuss the story of the game in the forum... let's make it a secret and a surprise.

Point well taken, we'll further discuss the story through email and PM. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this project.

As for me, I've created Gryz and Kyra's quest. I have learned how to use everything in RM2k so I could pretty much do any job. Chipsets, facesets, charsets, etc. It's a good thing that we both have plently of already prepared PSIV resources.

I also agree that we should further discuss the story in private before actually getting started on the actual game. We haven't really even decided on anything yet. Hmm, this will certainly require a lot of thought. If this fan game will be better than both Kyra's Quest and Raja's Adventure, then we'll need to put a lot of effort into it. Good thing that school is almost over. My last exam is in June. After that, I can work on this game like a mad man in July and August!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edless » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:40 pm

I'd be very interested in participating in such a game too.

Right now I am studying abroad until the 28th of june but I'll be totaly free after that.

The two things I have are:

- Seminars I took in order to help carying out a project. I think those methods are at least worthy to expose and discuss.
(Actualy, I took those classes in order to do such a project)

- A possible plot for a sequel to PSIV we could discuss.

Basicly then I have photo shop and I can help on the sprites.

That's about it.
Last edited by Edless on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby zandor117 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 am

The green planet with 2 moons is believed to be Ragol from PSO. You could make a game that explains what happened to the people of Alisa III after landing on Ragol.

Important plot elements:
Alisa III has to be completely abandoned because of the fear that Dark Force is hiding inside. The people have to leave all of their belongings behind and start over. The people that refuse to leave are sealed within the ship and the ship is buried. A spirit seal (MUUT DITTS POUMN) is also put on the ship.

Hatred still exists between Orakians and Layans.

Ragol is inhabited by the serpent like creature Kondreiu that is attracted by large energy sources. ( Kondreiu exists only in VR in PSO episode 4, its the ancestor of Saint Million and Shambertin) Kondreiu is the carrier of a virus that is similar to the SEED-virus of PSU.

The people that left Alisa III build the city called Ravum Aedes Sacra (seen abandoned in PSO episode 3). The city is built away from the buried Alisa III. They build the Leucon Knight as a weapon to defeat Kondreiu and wage war against its infected minions.

Kondreiu avoids the magic seal around Alisa III.

Within Alisa III an army of zombies resembling D-Cellular enemies from PSO begins rizing from the Lashute lake. (Dark Falz is manipulating them without awakening, similar to how Profound Darkness manipulates Dark Falz.) The zombie army attacks the people still trapped within. There is an etearnal darkness within Alisa III because it is buried, some sections have become collapsed and plants are dying. Volcanic activity on Ragol has caused some sections of the ship to be infiltrated by lava.

There is a storyline for both sides, locked in Alisa III and locked out. Both stories end in tragedy however.

For something different. The gameplay should be a turn based tactics rpg similar to Fire Emblem or shining force.
My name is Arawen on PSO and PSU.
zandor117
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Danny » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:41 am

zandor117 wrote:For something different. The gameplay should be a turn based tactics rpg similar to Fire Emblem or shining force.

That sounds like a good idea. Although, I can imagine that it would pretty hard to make a game like Shining Force since it would require a lot of effort to make the battle system. Der Langrisser style would also be pretty cool in my opinion. Being able to join any side you want and also purchasing units for each character. In the end, we might just stick to the classical fighting system used in PSIV. Animated monsters would be nice to have. We'll just have to wait and see what Rodrigo and everyone else thinks about this at the end of June before we actually start doing anything.
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Abominae » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 am

I have an idea similar to zandor117.

I was going to use it in my PS5 fangame, but as things go, it may be a while yet before I am able to try anything like that. SO, perhaps I could start helping by adding in what I have.

Who's going to be the central character in this project? I can't do animation, but I can do sprites and storyline work.

Plus, I've got a good eye for balancing issues and making sure the stories are believable.

So, should I just write out my backstory plot here too or send it to someone via e-mail?

Before I do that, you should know that it ties in the whole Phantasy Star series with the Phantasy Star Online... but fairly different from the way zandir explains it.
Abominae

Next

Return to Fan stuff