To all those Phans who HATE Chaz but LOVE Alys...

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

To all those Phans who HATE Chaz but LOVE Alys...

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Reposting lost thread's first page:
Lyla2284, Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:25 am wrote:Take a peek!Go on!I know you want to...
:D

Yes,I drew that image...so sad... :(

A screenshot for my remake of PSIV,NOT PSV.

The main menu screen.

The battle screen.Just like PSIV!

Well,I hope you enjoyed that.If any phans are interested,
they can reply to this topic so I can give them the lowdown
of my phan game. :)

rodrigo, Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:52 pm wrote:this is awesome

and we had enough of chaz

Lyla2284, Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:00 pm wrote:Glad you like it so far.I'm trying to rework the cutscenes as
well.And believe it or not,there is already a playable DEMO out! :D
I'll try and post the link to Megaupload at a later date.You will need
RpgMaker XP to play it,though...

Sange Mahlay, Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:04 pm wrote:Impressive. Most impressive. It's clear XP is the superior rpgmaker engine.

Missagh, Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:20 pm wrote:Looks great. What a surprise! :)

Could you please tell us more about this game and how far you are in it progress wise?

Lyla2284, Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:48 pm wrote:Well,I've been working on it for the last seven months,and I am
happy to reply that I will be releasing a demo version of the
game during the course of the next few days.It's actually 90%
complete,but I'm still working on the graphical bugs and cutscenes.
Hopefully,all will go well and we could soon see a brand,spanking
new PSIV with our beloved Alys as the main character. :D

Extra features that the original game doesn't have:
-A better main character
-Hidden limit breaks (found only in boss battles)
-A loot system like FFXII,obtain rare items and equipment
-Hidden cutscenes exploring Alys' past.
-Improved menu system.
-Save anywhere.
-Lots of witty dialogue (this is Alys,we're talking
about after all.)

Here's some more screenies for your viewing pleasure. :)

Inside an apothecary,where your characters can trade in loot
to get rare restorative items(Kinda like FFXII).

The new equipment screen.

Yeah!The cutscenes are still here!

Mono, Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 pm wrote:Looks really cool.

Lyla2284, Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:14 pm wrote:I'm sorry about this,but because I can only have one thread about
a particulat topic,I am now posting my updates about my game
in another thread.Regretably,no more further updates will
continue here.

Here is the new link.

http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2518

Thanks again. :D

Heroic_Chaz, Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:40 pm wrote:My namesake is'nt THAT bad... okay, well he is whiny until the end, but then he's cool after Elsydeon XD

I think my dark version of Chaz in my fanfic is waaaay better.

Coyotero, Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:42 pm wrote:The whole game I kept expecting Rune to say "Shutup Chaz, the big kids are talking."

Heroic_Chaz, Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:57 pm wrote:He should've now that you mention it...

Black Waltz 0, Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:39 am wrote:
Heroic_Chaz wrote:My namesake is'nt THAT bad... okay, well he is whiny until the end, but then he's cool after Elsydeon XD

Can I have a link to said fanfic, please? :3

Lyla2284, Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:27 pm wrote:Yeah,doppelganger versions of chars are always cool,even Chaz in that fanfic of yours,Heroic_Chaz.a question,though.Is it still in progress?I read the first two chapters and it really intrigued me,but are you planning on completing it?

And yeah,about Chaz.I dislike him for all his hot-heatedness and immaturity and 'whinnyness',as well as being a stereo-type and a cliche(even though the game was released so long ago,one of my pet peeves is stereo-types and cliches),but you have to respect him when he gets Elsydeon. :) Too bad the game's nearly done by then.PS4's storyline IS cliched,I mean,to summarise:
Short kid with sword goes with mentor on first job,gets dragged into all sorts of serious poo-poo,mentor dies,fights the baddies and gets revenge etc,gets the magic sword AND the girl.I mean,how cliched is that? :roll:
I only played it for the awesome chars and graphics,battle system etc,but the storyline did not grip me. :(

Anyway,that's just my take on PS4.And yeah,out of the PS1,PS2 and PS4 main chars,Chaz is dead last. :D

http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2233
Here's the link for the fanfic,BW-0. :)

Sange Mahlay, Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm wrote:I don't know, I don't think Chaz is that bad. I think it's pretty forgivable. He's 16, he's an orphan, and then the only person whoever gave any meaning to his life dies. Then, Rune tells him rather casually that's he's the Chosen One of the Purpose of the Universe. Of course, he's a little whiny and cliche (but be honest, aren't all of our PS characters a tad cliche?). But he doesn't whine for no good reason, either. I think he makes a valid point when he discusses whether doing the Great Light's mission without question makes them any better than Zio. It's a question of purpose and living "by your own will", as Chaz says.

Hero of a thousand faces. Sunrise, sunset. At least he develops as a character. He actually has a character arc. He starts somewhere and he ends somewhere, and moreover, we actually see him grow as a character.

Frankly, I was more invested in Chaz because he didn't start off as some knight trailing clouds of glory. He was the runner-up, the dummy. His awakening as a Protector resonates with a society recovering from the Great Collapse. He was just some dumb kid, and his development into an adult is a metaphor for Algo's own maturation. It fulfills the dream of PSII, which was to show that Algo truly can stand on its own; that it did not need a mother anymore. When Chaz defeats the Profound Darkness, he proves he can "live now without anyone else's help", in Rune's words, and that Algo is ready to move forward into the great unknown.

If he were a full-on professional like Rolf it'd all be pretty bland and straightforward.

Lyla2284, Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 pm wrote:You've got a fair point there,Mahlay. :) Still don't like him though.i mean,we all have characters we love to hate and characters that we adore.Probably the main reason I didn't take much notice of Chaz was that he wasn't exactly a scene stealer in the cutscenes,except the ones right at the end of the game(Le Roof onwards),but before that,it was either Alys or Rune who called the shots,rightfully making them the 'leading lady and man' respectively. :)

As one of my favourite FF characters,Balthier,stated:
"You know what they say about the leading man.He never...dies."
Love his wit in FF12. :)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Reposting lost thread's second page:
BenoitRen, Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:46 pm wrote:Have you played a different game? Chaz doesn't 'whine' that much (people sure are quick to call something "whining"), and often leads after Nurvus. Forgot the scene after restoring Kuran?

Black Waltz 0, Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:43 am wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:Have you played a different game? Chaz doesn't 'whine' that much (people sure are quick to call something "whining"), and often leads after Nurvus. Forgot the scene after restoring Kuran?

The reception Chaz has been receiving lately makes me want to draw a parallel to Tidus from FFX. Orphaned, thrust into a strange world, forced to do the most horrible things to save the world, his mentor is dead (Though he doesn't stay dead), and yet he's labelled a whiner for having some kind of reservation about his destiny.

Lyla2284, Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:26 am wrote:Ok,ok,I admit it.I hate Chaz,and this old horse has already been beaten to death,so I won't go on about how...er...never mind,Chaz is.At least,when put into perspective of the other 'better' main characters in RPGs.Yes,BenoitRen,I HAVE played other games that are better than PS4.
I'm actually playing PS3 again,just for the fun of it... :shock: I haven't played it since 2001.I forgot how awful those battles were. :o Then I'll have another go at PS2,if not for the sake of reliving the game's awesome storyline. :)

Didn't FF7 steal PS2's ideas? :?

Sange Mahlay, Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:12 pm wrote:
Lyla2284 wrote:
Didn't FF7 steal PS2's ideas? :?

I always felt like Phantasy Star was one of those unsung RPG series. It was well liked in its time, and its' fondly remembered but its never had that huge base of support that Final Fantasy had. So many memorable moments and characters sort of get co-opted . If you want to look at it more positively, I suppose you could say that PSII inspired FFVII.....for good or for ill.

Black Waltz 0, Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:27 pm wrote:I'm fairly certain that PS1 and FF1 came out within one month of the other.

The original series ending in 1994 and Final Fantasy continuing onwards growing in popularity didn't help matters either.

It's a shame, really. The PS series was way better than FF back in those days, at least in my opinion. (That was FF 1 through 4, right? 4 was pretty fun though.) :(

Abominae, Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:27 pm wrote:I call ff4 my ff game. I have yet to figure out every little secret to another game without anyone's help... And at the ages I was... I was very proud.

Plus, I always loved the endgame cast. And the Dark Knight was the most badass character ever to me.

I was 9 then. The game still means a lot to me, but for other reasons. Nostalgia is a huge player tho.

Sange Mahlay, Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:55 pm wrote:
Black Waltz 0 wrote:I'm fairly certain that PS1 and FF1 came out within one month of the other.

The original series ending in 1994 and Final Fantasy continuing onwards growing in popularity didn't help matters either.

It's a shame, really. The PS series was way better than FF back in those days, at least in my opinion. (That was FF 1 through 4, right? 4 was pretty fun though.) :(

The initial releases in Japan were actually within two days of each other December 18th 1987 for FFI, and December 20th for Phantasy Star. However, PSI was still released stateside in '88, whereas FFI was released in the US two years later in 1990.

I think what it may have come down to is this: The Nintendo versus the Sega Master System. The Nintendo was much more popular and thus when Final Fantasy was released in the US, it got more exposure than Phantasy Star, which had already been out on a minor system for a couple of years.

Abominae, Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 pm wrote:
Sange Mahlay wrote:The initial releases in Japan were actually within two days of each other December 18th 1987 for FFI, and December 20th for Phantasy Star. However, PSI was still released stateside in '88, whereas FFI was released in the US two years later in 1990.

I think what it may have come down to is this: The Nintendo versus the Sega Master System. The Nintendo was much more popular and thus when Final Fantasy was released in the US, it got more exposure than Phantasy Star, which had already been out on a minor system for a couple of years.

Thus, the epic war between mainstream heroes and underground legends continue...

Evermore will this war wage on upon the fields of infinite debate...

BenoitRen, Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 pm wrote:Hey, don't forget Europe! The Master System was a little bit more popular than the NES here! I have no idea what kind of impact Phantasy Star made here, though.

Black Waltz 0, Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:37 am wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:Hey, don't forget Europe! The Master System was a little bit more popular than the NES here! I have no idea what kind of impact Phantasy Star made here, though.

PS seems a bit more well known in Europe and all that. I vaguely recall it being somewhat popular in Australia when IV came out..

Heroic_Chaz, Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:54 am wrote:
Black Waltz 0 wrote:
Heroic_Chaz wrote:My namesake is'nt THAT bad... okay, well he is whiny until the end, but then he's cool after Elsydeon XD

Can I have a link to said fanfic, please? :3

It's in this very forum, look further down from this thread, it's called "Phantasy Star: Until the End of Time" or something like that. I need to update it.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Return to Fan stuff