PSIV: Beneath a New Light. (I'M BACK...with a bang!)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby aceina » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 am

*takes out a scalple* edge are you male or female
aceina
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:51 am

What difference would that make, honestly?
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby aceina » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 am

it was a joke most ppl get it i guess u didnt teh scalple was for if ure male i was going to make ure hotdog into a bun
aceina
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:06 am

Oh... Okay. :?
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:51 am

Aceina: To answer to long list of questions:

- There are only 4 party members, but all ten characters are still playable.
-And NO, no yuri!!! :shock:
- Unfortunately, for the file size, well, the game has already been uploaded. 115 mb, dude. Sorry. :(
-Difficulty is much harder. The original game was far too easy. A six year old could beat it if he knew all the combo attacks, which have been removed as well.
-Alys uses slashers as well as swords. No big deal, really.

Hope that settles it.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby aceina » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 am

ok thats fine about the no yuri but how u said it makes it sound like u have a problem with 2 girls do you?

and diffaculty dont matter to a RPG its teh story that u play it for and jusy becuse YOU are good at PS4 dont mean every 1 is

and u didnt tell me WHY ure only leting 4 chars in battle
aceina
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:11 am

'facepalm' It's a result of the battle system I'm using. Here, I'll show you a screenshot. If I use 5 party members, everything would have to be altered. HP/TP bars, face pics, the works. Not to mention the fact that they'd look like sardines, all squashed together.

I hope that solves it.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Alys/Rika yuri would be godly. I'm not asking for it, I'm just commenting on how it would be so. 8)
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:07 pm

aceina wrote:and diffaculty dont matter to a RPG its teh story that u play it for and jusy becuse YOU are good at PS4 dont mean every 1 is

Sure, but then I might as well read a book or see a movie. We'd like to play an RPG, not watch it, so some challenge is welcome.

Pretty much everyone agrees that PSIV is easy, so it's not only lyla2284's opinion.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 pm

and diffaculty dont matter to a RPG its teh story that u play it for and jusy becuse YOU are good at PS4 dont mean every 1 is

Just because YOU are horrible at PS4, it doesn't mean it was hard for anyone else, like... Say a toddler, or a monkey, or something.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm glad to see we all agree with one topic in particular ( PS4 being too easy). The only time I actually play it is to rip attacking monsters. I've added two brand new areas to the world map, so navigation has recieved a bump up as well, since you need to go through these areas in order to get to the next town, not to mention pick up some nice goodies. :D

I removed the tint from the Overworld map, and added some realistic cloud fog.

One of the new areas in the game. I'm trying to improve my mapping skills at the same time.

Heh, I've been wanting to do this for ages. All you gotta do is get Alys up to lvl 35. And that is no easy feat. :lol: It's a SE ( skill exhaustion skill, so the player won't be able to cast it again until three turn pass.) And alot can happen in three turns in here. Hm... damage is a tad bit large though, but it only does around 670 to Zio.

BW-0, are you are pervert? :o Just asking, you know. :P First Chaz and Rune, and now Alys and Rika?!?!?! *runs* I may take a while to clear those thoughts from my head now, since you imposed them on me. *shudder* I'm strongly against yuri and yaoi. Freaks me out big time.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby meteor9 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am

Can't say I'm a fan of the overworld fog, really. Makes it look like a permanent thunderstorm in England or something. Forest area looks nice, although I'm not sure where that could possibly be on either planet.

lyla2284 wrote: I'm strongly against yuri and yaoi. Freaks me out big time.

Is this just like a "weird fan stuff is weird" kind of thing? Or is it a full-blown homophobia kind of thing? I can never be too sure these days.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:13 pm

I split off the posts talking exclusively about "homophobia". If you want to continue this discussion, do it in this thread, but try to keep it civil.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Zucca » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:26 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I split off the posts talking exclusively about "homophobia". If you want to continue this discussion, do it in this thread, but try to keep it civil.
Thank you.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Wing-0 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Oh... Now I understand what happened with that homophobia thread...

Anyway, your adaptation is looking very, very good. I'll be sure to take a good look at it when I have the time... Which is not going to be soon.

And regarding you not coming back because of someone hating you...

Dunno if you were referring to me... But I don't hate you, and you shouldn't take hate into account when joining or not joining a message board.

But back on topic:

I like:

Purdy colors
I read it´s hard

I don´t like:

That you´re gonna kill Chaz. He doesn´t have to die for the game to have a good story, but it´s your game, and your creative effort.

I´ll take a good look at it (when I have time).

Frakin´ exams...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff