suggestion for more rom hacks

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

suggestion for more rom hacks

Postby rodrigo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:29 pm

I was just checking the cool ps2 rom hacks.

But I notice that there are no rom hacks for ps3...

Just think about how could a good rom hack solve the major issues for ps3...
for me the problems are the battles and lack of different stories for the third generations...

I don't know what could be added to ps3 by hacking it...but what would you suggest?
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Faster walking speed comes to mind.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Zucca » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Um... Guys...

Just go ahead and do it by yourself: http://huguesjohnson.com/aridia/
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby rodrigo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 am

maybe I will.... but I still would like to know what you guys think should be fixed
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:28 pm

I think a RPG-Maker version should be better...

More, different and better-looking areas. Examples : a little wood with a lake, where Mieu is bathing at the beginning of the game ; or castles looking really like castles ; or a ruined village in Aquatica (where lies the passageway to Aridia). It includes differencing each planet, for example in the idea Landen is a "normal" planet and Elysum a "forest" planet, in the game there is no real difference, in the remake ther could be forest-like dungeons and battle backgrounds...

Add musics (from PS series, originals or remixes). There are 2 wonderful arrangements of PS3 for example :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vygJg-Vv ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgIBI6tF ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRLH-01M5M
And many more... (I freaky love video game music and remixes)

Set a different techniques system (disturbation isn't bad, but I don't really like the plot "I've already all my techniques when I join the party")

More techniques (why not sword moves for the princes, like "Air Slash" of Chaz ? Or "double slash" of Rika for Mieu ?), including elemental resists and weaknesses, and more status ailments (only poison and KO is poor...
).

A better class differenciation between chars. I know that classes aren't the interest of PS3 (but of FF5 or 9) and that with the disturbation you can change a little the abilities of the char (heal all, greatly heal one member, resurrect...), and even that there IS differenciation : princes are more or less brutal offensive, Wren is totally for brutal attack, Mieu is a powerful warrior and healer, Lyle and Kara (I've a doubt) are fearsome sorcerers (with only 4 Melee Techs !), Laya and her daughter are good healers. But it could be better if we had a swordsman with sword techs, a cyborg with anti-cyborg (ennemies) abilities, Laya with secret powers learned from her legendary sister...

Battle animations and display like PS4.

Explanations of the techniques. Even now, there are some techniques that I don't know what they do !

More bosses, with weak points if is it possible (with the techniques and status ailments expansions ideas). For example : a guardian in Sunken Palace.

And, most of all... A better narration !!!! Who is Lena ? Why the hell is Satera's princess in Landen dungeon ? Why there is an obvious passageway from jail to shop ? Why when Dark Force is free from Sunken Palace there is only a little text, and not graphical effects, apocalyptical music, monsters poppings, etc ? Who disturbed the weather and moons controls systems, and why ? And many other things... Including better stories differenciations, so possibly including new events (example : to be advertised of Satera's attack and help the defense of this castle, instead of being advertised when the castle is down and deserted).

Why not few side quests ? Like finding a way to cure Lyle in Ayn's quest for example. The reward could be an unique technique... or even old Lyle as a party member !

Note : for the System controls disturbed, amnesic Maia on the shores of Landen and Lena interested in finding Maia, I imagined a mini-prequel... Why not when the player complete the four endings ?
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

I didn't looked the youtube links trough but look from ocremix.

EDIT: Listened the youtube songs. I liked the first and the last.
This Nekoprism is really talented. I wonder why he/she hasn't uploaded his/her songs to ocremix...
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:20 am

I knew the "Nial and nowhere", but not the title, and I didn't know Legacy. Altough, I've about 11-12 remixes (even a midi remix that I find awesome, but midi poor quality...)
Thanks.
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edge » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:46 pm

My Phantasy Star III Rom hack will be completed by Monday. That is my official release date. It would be VERY helpful if someone would point me to where I can find an organized monster list based on Generation/Character as opposed to it's type.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff