Commissioned Artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Commissioned Artwork

Postby Black Sword » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 am

Say hi to Princess Kara, suitable for battle version.

"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm

I like her expression better in this coloured version. Very nice! Except for the frills, of course. ;)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby augmentedfourth » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Great picture! There seems to be shades of "warrior" Kara in there (straight hair, purple bodice/armor), but unless you're planning another piece, it's not a problem.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Black Sword » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 am

No, that's the last one, excluding a bargain piece I negotiated out of the artiste! Yay for Princess Kara!
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Wow

Postby Zucca » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

Really well done.
Do you use drawing tablets like Wacom when you draw or do you scan your work.and then enhance them?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Black Sword » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:20 am

Neither! I've not developed my artistry to that point, so I commissioned a good gent known as Dan to do it.
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Raaaaah LOVELY !!
The only point I disagree is hair color, but I'm the only fan who like ingame avatars rather artist's artworks !!!
Does your commissionned artist use a tablet ?
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tanith » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 am

This isn't PS fanart. This is for my own series, but I felt like posting it anyway, because I love the way it turned out.

http://fav.me/d3c7wdi

Her name is Suha. She's a "stray" human, she's about nine years old, and she knows how to survive in that arid environment. She's very in tune with the ground and can pick up strange vibrations and deviations below the surface. She's good to have around if you'd like to avoid getting caught near a really active fault line, and she can also find water sources. Nifty kid. She doesn't hate people, but she avoids most of them, especially adults. She has a friend, an older boy, who keeps her in line and usually communicates for her. She uses a pipe and a quiver of poisoned darts as a weapon.

(Also, about the pic: I think there might be too much white near the bottom, but that's easily cropped so I'm leaving it as is.)
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 pm

So we get to meet her in picture.... I noticed she seemed to fade a bit into obscurity by around chapter 18 or so in The Outer Districts. I know you aren't the type to forget a character outright, so I'm waiting to see how she fits in the shadows of the uncompleted story....

Interesting look, given that she normally comes across as timid.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 pm

carlsojos wrote:Interesting look, given that she normally comes across as timid.

Heh, really? Her initial greeting to Thalia was to scratch her in the face. She's fairly relaxed around the main group, since she trusts them. This is her "stranger danger" look. ;)

She features in the story more now. I've been retooling the whole thing, adding chapters, redoing what I'd already written, etc. I haven't added much of this reworking into the viewable document, because it's hard for me to work in there. I seem to get a lot of visitors in that document, which I love, but now I just use it as a backup document. I need to transfer some of the changes, though, to match what the story has become.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Just because the dog growls the first time doesn't mean he's angry at you (I managed to sneak up to my sister's dog once and tapped on the igloo he was sleeping in. A rough translation of what he said was, "Hey, get the f- oh, hi there! Will you pet me?").

Just don't dawdle too long on updating- remember what happened when your husband updated your computer?
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:33 am

My "real" document is also a Google Doc, so I don't have to worry about my husband sending anything to the ether. Plus, I have my own laptop now! Well, it's teh husband's old laptop, since he upgraded to the M17x Alienware, but anyway, I get a computer alllllll to myself now. Yay!

Still, I should update the viewable doc. I had no idea people would really read it. I say that in complete seriousness, no snark intended. I expected people to say they're interested and then not read it (I'm like this myself), but every time I worked on it, someone would show up to read it! Weird! (PS- It's a lot more exciting now.)
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:50 am

Tanith wrote:I had no idea people would really read it.

Consider it as a sign, that you might have more skill with the pen than you admit in public. It's kinda like them Muskies awards at that other site- I never thought that people would nominate a short story about an animal lover and a mean yellow bird, myself. You never know what people might like until they tell you about it.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:23 am

carlsojos wrote:Consider it as a sign, that you might have more skill with the pen than you admit in public.

I'm a classic example of a writer being their own worst critic. I regularly go through periods of hating everything I've written, and at no point do I think I have exceptional talent. You could beat the snot out of me with the "you have talent, for God's sake" stick, but I still wouldn't believe you. I think I'm mediocre on my best days. But! I'm really humbled that people read my story. REALLY humbled. I'm thinking about writing short stories for this novel as well.

Good luck on the voting with your story, by the way!

Also, for anyone I owe reading and reviewing to in regards to stories (hangs head in shame), especially you, Carlsojos, as you've been a wonderful friend in reading what I put out, I'm completely wrapped up in my novel right now. I've even put reading regular fiction on hold. I have to fix this poor story. It's too important for me. I'll see this thing published in one form or another, whether it be the old-fashioned way, independent web-based publishing, retooling it for a series or comic... I don't care. I WILL GET THIS TO THE PUBLIC. *puts foot down*
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 am

I've yet to hear of you regularly triggering profanity filters when discussing your own work, so I think I'll take that Crown of Self-Belittling for now. (There's currently about 5 different stories in my Recycling Bin right now, which is where I go when I decide I have to release something.)

I was actually expecting Hydrofoil to take the nomination if my name popped up on the ballot at all, since it's generated much more feedback than Rappy so far. I'm sure I don't have a chance in hell of outdoing Aug4th, but I'm hoping for silver to come outta this. I wonder what that Thoul guy would think if I mentioned that I had found his site while trying to prove rule 34 to be wrong? He'd probably drop me from the ballot like a bad habit. 8)

I won't brandish the "you have talent" stick against you, because I'm sure that getting two royalty checks a year would get the point across a lot faster, once you publish your story. :D
Don't be afraid of waking me up if you ever want a proofreader- I've gotten a little practice with markups in Office, thanks to Black Sword's blog.
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff