Commissioned Artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Black Waltz 0, his wife.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Oh! Never guessed we had a married couple.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Great Annartwork !
I can't say more, as far as I play only a few to Phantasy Star (I'm on a multi-floor dungeon which access is under water (so, underwater labyrinth before real labyrinth !), so I saw only a little of Anna.

For the Theartwork, I like a lot the "mirror" sketch. The attacking Thea, less. A forumer said she has a layan's tatoo on her shoulder, i'll add : like my first Laya :idea: ! But because I'm jealous, I'll say : Thea seems more "simple beauty", natural in game ; on the artwork, she is hotter, but too "decorated princess" imo. Even if she's a princess. If I dare, I'll say I don't see Thea on this artwork, but the artwork on itself is really beautiful.
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tanith » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks, Moonlight Shadow! :)

And ahhhh! I'm too excited not to share this. Kain's line art is done:

I was hesitant to share because I was afraid you all might think he looks too modern anime-ish. Personally, I think Kain looks about spot-on for his character here. A couple of things:

-Why no futuristic tools? Well, that takes a lot of creativity, plus there's the familiarity of the tools we use, and lastly, because sometimes tools need no changing. I also don't care that much that his boots aren't really sci-fi.

-Gun explanation: I have none. That was the artist's design. I said "design a gun" he said "okay" and tah-dah. I think it's cool.

-The open coveralls? As much as I'd like to say that was my idea, being someone who fanserviced the hell out of Shir and Anna, that was the artist's own creativity. Something about it seems to suit Kain, though, so I kept it.

-"Kain looks like a teenager!" He's probably only 19 at the start of the game, so that would be correct.

Anyway, can't wait for the coloring!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Pretty damn AWSOME! ^^
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, this one's really nice. Can't wait to see it colored.
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta

Postby lyla2284 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 am

I'm surprised that I haven't responded to this topic earlier. As an aspiring artist myself, I'm ashamed. ><

The Kain artwork is great though. My favourite piece by far. Love the clean line art. Makes me wish I had a graphics tablet for the upteenth time. I should seriously reconsider doing more PS fan art. I've gone off it for a while now.

And where's Rolfie, Tan? Are you saving the best for last? ;)
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks! If anyone here is a member of dA and you have time, and if you like any of these artworks, be sure to let the artists know, too. All these pictures are taken from their galleries, so even if I don't provide a link, you can find their dA names in the picture URL. I'm sure they'd appreciate the comments.

Anyway...

Rolfie will be the second to last of the PSII playable characters I commission. I would never leave Rolf out. ;) The reason he's next to last is the difficulty and detail of his redesign compared to the other PSII men's designs. He has a lot of armor pieces, and I want a good design for his agent uniform. I wanted to start with the easiest (in my opinion) redesign with this artist, to get a feel and see if it worked, etc.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Forgot to mention it, but Thea had me drooling. She's hot enough to offset the distinct disadvantage of Sean existing.

I like the Kain, but he's going to be a greasy mechanic/wrecker, right?
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby H-Man » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:54 pm

meteor9 wrote:Also Sari's hot and being athletic doesn't make one a testosterone laced tranny, thank ye very much (whoever was saying it because frankly I have no idea anymore).

I said this to Tanith and I'll say this to all: Never underestimate the sex appeal of a woman who can handle herself in a knife fight...especially wielding two simultaneously. That said, while I don't rank Sari with Mieu and Thea, I think she's plenty attractive and I'm a fan of her character, too.
H-Man
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tanith » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Black Sword- I did request that Kain have the proper grime on him. The artist said would be something he'd add after coloring. Maybe during shading? I don't know how this stuff works.

Thea's done! <3

Admittedly, now that I look at this, it's quite the drastic change from her original design, but it seems fitting to me. Perhaps because PSIII is heavy on the fantasy, lighter on the science, and that half the Layans seem to have something of a mythological element to them, their temples and their weapons.

I also was unsure of all the red in her new outfit at first, but quite honestly, I think Thea needed more contrast in her design to offset the blues and greens. It's grown on me.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Holy shit!!!!! I just got Kain back as well. He's still not done; he needs the grease marks and the background, but he's done enough to share now. This has turned into an awesome day!

Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Awsome is the word! ^^ I guess that since you will get a Thea without the watermark,though?
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes, I haven't received it yet, but I do get the high res, unwatermarked version of Thea.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby HTD » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:40 pm

AMAZING!!!!!!!
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff