Commissioned Artwork

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:45 pm

I would tap dat ass. <3
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah. The body is quite close to perfect.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Tanith » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Tsu wrote:Maybe I'm being overly critical. :( I do like the faces and the hair, and the coloring and backgrounds are nice, but I suppose it's the outfits that get me. D:

Naw, you had legitimate criticisms. :) It's all good!

Peaguy- Down boy, down!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:43 am

Hey! Watch as I bump my own thread. Hehe.

Anyway, I'm seeking some opinions and feedback regarding male designs. Me being a femme-type human, I kind of suck at coming up with ideas regarding sci-fi armor, weapons, etc.

Here's the thing: For those that don't know me well you should know I'm a huge Rudo fan. Though Rolf wins for overall awesomeness as far as the PSII males go, and Kain is a close second, I've always thought Rudo was deserving of a better character design. I think Andrew of Ill-intent did a really good job at improving Rudo's design: updating it a bit, making him look less like a 50 year-old and more like a 35 year-old, while maintaining a bit of retro to his design (the big shoulder pads, for instance). However, I can't just copy Andrew's design.

So, any ideas? Throw them my way, because I'd really like to find an artist good at doing male anime of the sci-fi badass-type on deviantArt and get started with this project. Visual references are always a plus.

Thanks for your help!

PS- Coming soon: I think I'm going to commission the same artist who did Amy and Shir to do Anna next, so any ideas about Anna I'll take, too. After mulling it over for a while, I think Anna's design will be fairly fanservicey. :oops:
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:25 am

Fanservice? Not just any fanservice, but Anna fanservice!? YAY! *gasm* ^O^!

*clears throat* ... Anyways!

I've always liked ill-intent's design, too. I think it's my favorite interpretation of Rudo and it fits him really well. I dunno what could be done with Rudo, unless he was given more armor/new armor design (think protection!) or another spin on his current suit (nothing PSG2-esque, I hope...the "Grandpa-Elvis" look was creepy/wrong on him :(). Or maybe he just needs moar gun. :>

For Anna's design: I think she should have hooker boots, shorter skirt... less shirt and more epidermis exposure. What? This is fanservice, right? :p

No, in all seriousness, I think she should be sexily-dangerous -- kinda how she was in PSII. But, with her role as a Guardian, I think that practicality should have more priority over her sex appeal, unless that's part of the job; her luring her prey in with her appealing image. ;o
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Haha, yeah, I decided who am I kidding? I want Anna to look like the sex kitten she was obviously configured to be. Eye candy for Rolf, if you will. And I think ultra-fast, agile melée fighters like Anna and Nei get a pass on skimpier clothing, anyway.

Their defense should rely mainly on their ability to dodge attacks rather than absorb blows, even though that's not how it works in the game. Less armor and more flexible, form-fitting clothing mean the broadest possible range of motion and quickest reflexes.

I like the ideas for Rudo. I don't want him to have too much armor, but then again he is the living shield of PSII. Haha, Grandpa Elvis. Yeah, that will be avoided at all costs. And I would like to try and design the Nei Shot. That would be awesome.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 pm

I'va a question, I may be mercantile, but could you pay me for my artworks, if I did it for money ? I ask to Tanith because he's doing that, and my thread is as desert as Aridia.
Sorry for the vile HS.
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby HTD » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Moon Light I'll be honest with you.
I wouldn't pay for your art, I am not being mean but you have a long way to go before you get to commission status.
I mean no disrespect by this as I think you are a great member of the community and your posts are always valid.
It's just how I see it, one day I am sure it will be different.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks.
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby HTD » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 am

Moonlight Shadow wrote:Thanks.

I am sorry, I feel I have been rude to you.
I need to learn to not be so straight forward, besides it is only my opinion and to be honest all I can draw are sprites, so who am I to say.

Moonlight Shadow, you didn't deserve such harsh words, I am sorry.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am

I'm already stretched pretty thin with this project monetarily, Moonlight. I have Wing-0 and two other artists on dA doing commissions for me. I think if I spent any more money on this my husband would start to wonder if I had lost my mind! :D

Speaking of this project, I finally heard back from the artist who will eventually work on Princess Kara, and she'll start working on her in November.

The artist who did Amy and Shir is going to do Anna as well. I'm next in her commission queue, and she's almost done with the person in front of me. I'm pretty excited about that!
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Moonlight Shadow » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:17 am

(Grr, i hate the white-phpbb page !)

To be honest, I draw rarely, I think (and hope !) I'll grow in skill if I was (or if I were ? ) less lazy, but in fact, it's one of my (girl) friend who ask me that. So I thank about this thread. :idea: .
Moonlight Shadow
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tanith » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 am

Woohoo, exciting update! Anna's sketch is done!

Yeah, I know. She has a bit of Nei-thing going on. I've decided I don't care. She'll look different when she's all colored. I love this more than words can describe. I decided she should use her whip because whips are cool.
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Yay! ... That's what I have to say at this point.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby skymandr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Very nice, but I think a sterner face would suit her better.
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff