Phantasy Star 2.5 Fallen Planet Improvements-Beta Released!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: Phantasy Star 2.5 Fallen Planet Improvements-Beta Releas

Postby fogeltje » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 pm

I found the file in less than a minute :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/390 ... ta%202.rar
fogeltje
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby James Quinn » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:07 pm

You rock sir! Thank you!!
James Quinn
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Oresama » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:08 pm

I also reuploaded it thanks to James shooting me a PM and letting me know there weren't any working download links. I see it has already been posted, so we'll consider this an extra mirror.

http://www.filedropper.com/phantasystar ... amaversion

Since there is still interest in playing it, I'd be happy to release a final version if anyone knows how to fix the remaining issues in the beta and can help with that. I don't have enough skill with RM2K to do more than I already have on my own.

You guys have my full permission and encouragement to distribute on torrent sites, private torrent communities, other forums, host it here, etc. to make sure it is always available and let as many people play it as possible.
Oresama
Locusta
Locusta

Postby James Quinn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:02 am

You guys are so awesome! Sorry it took me so long to reply here, but I am so thrilled my stupid game is remembered and supported by such cool people. And again, Oresama I cant thank you enough for fixing my glitches and the encounter rate. One day I hope to buy you a beer, bro!
James Quinn
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby darkwraith007 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:02 am

It seems that the 'Disharmony' Patch gives all the features of the 'MP3 Patch' but better.
The size is a bit crazy so it would be really awesome to get some compressed audio done.

Unfortunately, merely installing the patch doesn't help unless you open up the project and manually switch all the music to the proper (new) file names.

I haven't used RM2K in ages so unless someone wants to do so....
darkwraith007
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Oresama » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:11 pm

James Quinn wrote:You guys are so awesome! Sorry it took me so long to reply here, but I am so thrilled my stupid game is remembered and supported by such cool people. And again, Oresama I cant thank you enough for fixing my glitches and the encounter rate. One day I hope to buy you a beer, bro!

You are most certainly welcome I say, having not stopped by the forum in some time myself. Should I ever be in the Seattle area I just may take you up on your offer.

darkwraith007 wrote:It seems that the 'Disharmony' Patch gives all the features of the 'MP3 Patch' but better.
The size is a bit crazy so it would be really awesome to get some compressed audio done.

Hmmm....looking at this Disharmony patch gives me an idea. I have become something of an audiophile and wouldn't mind jumping through those hoops to make a FLAC version with Disharmony. The main issue is that the source I have for the Phantasy Star Collection Sound Collection I CD used for the music was originally MP3, which is a no go for the audiophile in me. The CD is mad expensive when you can even find it for sale, so I'm not likely to buy it anytime soon. HOWEVER, in playing around with the Google machine I did find a few sites that make FLAC rips of the disc. Unfortunately, all of the links are dead. If someone can furnish me with copies of those, or point me in the direction of a place that still has them, I'd be willing to make a FLAC version. That will result in higher quality audio and knock the size down by about 1/3.

Or, if there is a place online I can buy a 24-bit FLAC version of the soundtrack, I'm open to that as well. 24-bit FLAC is sooooooo good.

After I get that done I may be open to making an OGG or AAC version with Disharmony, depending on how much of a hassle the FLAC version ends up being. So anyone who wants an audiophile or lossy version, help me help you.

Also, as download links were dead here are links to the latest version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkzj7uypr ... Planet.rar
https://mega.nz/#!Q0ATGKKI!R_39CUsStXld ... 375Hv-gxIo
Oresama
Locusta
Locusta

Postby fogeltje » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:27 pm

If anyone ever runs into dead links, post a message here. I should still have it. I am subscribed to the topic and should get an email. I can easily put it on dropbox.
fogeltje
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby SaVol » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:58 am

hey guys this game is totally awesome. just one little bug. i had Jams and party at esper mansion at the little island. All was fine. I got there with hovercraft that operates on shallow water. I saved game though after Ryuka'ing to another town. I have tried going back to Loar to "pick up" the hovercraft to no avail. As the Esper area isnt a bar I cant ryuka back to get the hovercraft. Is there anything I can do so I dont have to scrap this save.Or can I get another save from someone willing to help that has the hovercraft in an accessible place on the mainland/ thank you in advance for your consideration
SaVol
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby fogeltje » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Sorry, you may have messed up your save file. There were some ways to do that in PS1 also. I don't have a save in that part of the game, if I can find my savegames at all. Sorry.
fogeltje
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby SaVol » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Hey there thank you for replying. I was able to go back and with extra work get back to the point in the game. But now something else. I have a mirror shield equipped but instead of being able to fight Medusa I get my entire party turned to stone. I visually verified the mirror shield is on Jams and he has a laconia sword i have josh jana and neen with me. and each time immediate game over. I have every other Lac item in the game. And before I could kill medusa without an issue. the game though keeps killing the characters instead of opening the dialogue where Jams says "everyone behind me"... any ideas guys. thank you again
SaVol
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby fogeltje » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Sorry, it's been too long for me since I played this. I didn't even recall you have to fight Medusa.
fogeltje
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Previous

Return to Fan stuff