PSBattle w/ images update

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: PSBattle w/ images update

Postby spookeydonkey » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:46 am

I don't know what my last post was, or if i even made it, so i'll recap the last month or so of my life. Its been very tough as I had a week long flu, and immediately after my uncle passed away. I've been very busy and not in the mood to program at all for the past several weeks.

this laptop is a pain also. i've been making some sprite rips but i honestly think that i will make a finalized list of features that i want to add to this program and get it done with. I'd also actually like to get people to be able to use it without it crashing. I think I found a possible solution that I'll post later by the way.

I'm currently saving up to build a pc. i'm buying piece by piece as i can afford them. oh, i decided to try porting the program to Android officially, but don't expect a release until the PC version is finalized.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Missagh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Very sorry to hear about your uncle.

There is no rush, sort out your stuff and go with it when the inspiration is there.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:53 am

thank you Missagh,
actually i had taken what i thought was a long break from coding, when i randomly thought of one of my favorite sound effects: the chest opening. i thought "damn, i wish i could make a screen with a whole lot of chests, just waiting for me to open them. so, then i remembered i was having problems with classes and scope, so i somehow ran into a web page that just made it make sense.

a few experiments (and random frustrations cuz i accidentally made an infinite loop hehe) and i figured it out. i think i'm going to re-do my battle algorithm, it's a big mess, and also i figured out the collision detection that i've been meaning to implement (a better way than my old method).

i'm still annoyed that you guys can't run my game. i think you may need a one more thing to install, a Windows update or something like that.

i think i may have big news near the end of the month for people with smartphones :)
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 am

quick update i released another mini mini project that people had no problem installing...so not sure what the problem is with the package that I released. I probably won't continue work on this project until i get a new pc, hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks, but the rest of the work should be pretty easy :)
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 am

update to let you guys know i'm not dead!

i've been busy looking for a new house, and we finally found one! i'll be moving within 10 days, so it's getting more hectic for me.

i decided that the next release should have a LOT more content this the first, in order to generate more interest. that and, i've rethought the scenario thing and decided that once i put the final touches on PSBattle, i'll clean up the code a bit and use it to try my hand at a short scenario.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Dr_Odin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Don't stress it. I know everyone would be excited to play it once it is ready for real. Take the time that you will need to work on it to get it to that standard ;)
"Cannabis forgivness to the merciful mercy of Rune's Thrayness!" - Dr_Odin's preach in the shoutbox.
Dr_Odin
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 pm

ok here's an update. i haven't programmed any, but like i said i seem to have solved a big obstacle in my programing. my laptop charger doesn't really work anymore, and i may or may not buy a new one (soon is the question). im almost done saving up for a new pc, however i have to travel to Dubai and try to not waste money lol.

also tomorrow i should be officially moved into my new place!

i won't have internet at home which means i'll probably spend more time programming and less time messing around. i promise to release an update that is much more functional within 30 days doing most of what i promised earlier. and this time there should be no stupid install issues!
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 am

totally not dead. been super busy last few months. still no new pc, heck i don't even have internet at home now (using my cell connection).

big delays because every time i work on the battle system, i switch to the 3d project i'm working on :)

no eta's, super busy, but next release will be a lot better than what i had wanted to release

over and out
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm

i've been sinking hours into this program again, and unfortunately i hit another semi-brick wall again.

no matter how simple of something i try to do, it always has to be 10X harder than it should be.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:27 pm

problem solved. i'm actually getting things done!
i'm not even gonna bother making an estimate on when the next release will be. i think a release that is filled with content is a lot better than incremental releases.

i do ask for a bit of help with the PS3 characters. i don't mind that the characters don't have attack sprites, however when they are mixed into a team of PS2/PS4 characters...i need a sprite to show them on the battle screen (back of head view lol).

any ideas?

if anyone wants to know what i've accomplished so far, well i added an afterbattle screen, character and monster classes, attributes. going to decide on which items i want to implement, as i'm not sure i want to bother with status ailments at all.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm

I can help you with this, I could create some attack sprites and character sprites but It all depends on how much you need and when you need it by, as unfortunatly my time isnt that flexible
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:15 am

wow thanks for the offer. but i must say, seeing as how when i began this project i expected to have it done FAST...and subsequently my slow pace of work (life!) i can't ask for anything until i get a lot more done...without feeling guilty, that is.

i think if you would wanna contribute, then maybe just sprites of ps3 characters from the back view would be ok. i want this program to be more of a simulation of the actual games, and not change too much at all. heck, if you really want to just pick your favorite ps3 character and make just one sprite, as long as it fits in with the general style. please don't do anything more or i'm just gonna feel really guilty. you can take as long as you want, i won't need it until maybe next month or in two months at the pace i'm going!

because of some really stupid problems i've faced, a lot of my earlier interest in this project has died off. i still intend on finishing it, but at a nice slow pace. besides, i'm learning so much doing this project that it seems with every new feature i implement, i spend hours just learning how to do something new...and once i learn it, some stupid problem shows up or my laptop starts giving me headaches.

well, that's enough for the rant.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby spookeydonkey » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm

ummm, just dropped by to say that my life is still happening. Hopefully I will get a chance to buy a PC...and I'm itching to get this game done I realllly wish I could code more but I honestly hate this laptop. It's slow...the charger doesn't work properly...too little screen space....it just makes me mad.

Besides, I already solved many of the biggest problems I had faced before and now it's just a matter of graphics editing (enemy sprites, coding the animations which is a pain lol), creating some AI, finishing up the item system and implementing sound/music. Honestly its very easy and it's just time consuming, and a new PC would totally help. Like I said, the next demo I release will hopefully be a VERY nice one.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Missagh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks for the update. Take the time it takes, some of us have been fans for decades so we wouldn't mind waiting for a good fan game ;)
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby spookeydonkey » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:42 pm

good news is i got a job, which means that i should be able to buy a new pc next month hopefully. that will solve a lot of issues i'm facing regarding motivation etc.

also joining a gym tomorrow which should help increase my overall energy levels. not to mention that as a rule: the busier i get the more things i end up getting done.

Thanks Missagh I know I intended to get this finished a while ago, but i already gave my excuses. I hate having so much finished and still not releasing anything, but if makes anyone feel better I wasn't even going to mention my starting the project until I had it finished haha.
spookeydonkey
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff