Phantasy Star IV Anime

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Star IV Anime

Postby Missagh » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:37 am

That is right. A Mexican PS fan contacted me about his project and sent me a YouTube preview. Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alblE9a5gV8

I was really impressed by this and started to discuss with him about a potential collaboration:
Thank you for your attention, and thank you for viewing my work! =)

The origin project was making by myself a few years ago (2003). But in that time i wanted to make a flash animation based. The first problem with flash is the visual effects, there is not enough effects, if someone have a older pc the animation is so slow, the sound and music is a pain because is so hard have a synchronization, and the animation work is so hard!. Then i leave the project into the dust. Because im enter to work in a newspaper like a flash advertising web designer at the today.

But the idea of make a PS4 animation not disappeared of my mind.
Recently i was looking info about someone in the youtube or internet, make or have intention of making a animation of PS series. But is so hard find some of that, i found some material in your great webpage and some info about a animation!!!

I was looking this again because i was learn some of Adobe after effects and premiere, and i want to make a PS animation in video format.
So i took my old animation in flash and mix up with video effects, and convert to video, and we have this sketch-animation =)

Now, answer your questions, this project is based in Phantasy Star 4 storyline, i took the script in english of game from a webpage and download, and read the story and think about how make a adaptation, i try to make the initial scene, when Alis call to Chaz in the begining of the game.

I wrote some text in spanish(because i from México), but i think is better in english for be more close to the game.
I dont have voices for this animation, my english is not so good, and here is a bit difficult find someone to want to do this jajaja. Besides im not have sound or so much music, is hard so find (many MIDIS songs but nothing more).

I was thinking make PS4 animation for episodies, like a dragon ball jajaj, one movie is a good idea, but the story needs to be cut for not extend so much, so my idea is to make episodies =)

So, this sketch-animation was made with flash, i draw the characters in flash from the older sketches sega PS4, the backgrounds i draw and painted with photoshop, and then i was convert the flash to video, and the space background i was filmed a space game of pc with my handycam and editing with Adobe premiere.

If you want to colaborate, so tellme what you have and make something more solid =), i want to make a free project, im not want to make money with this, is just a passion, and a very lovely hobby =)

Please feel free to give some feedback. Maybe someone is interested in contributing? ;)
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Re: Phantasy Star IV Anime

Postby Tanith » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 pm

I think the art is great, and the opening sequence is nicely done. I'll be honest, I was expecting less from a fan effort, so I'm impressed. I'm glad they mentioned that they had limited English and English resources, because the remix was a bit dated. I'm sure that would be replaced by actual voices and music more appropriate to the scene, if they were available. I really don't know how I could help with something like this, but I wish them the best with this project!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:58 am

Good art. I think the lip library could use a bit more work, but it's a pretty good start. it seems the biggest 2 issues this guy'll need to contend with is maintaining momentum (he's already going pretty good just based on this test), and sounds. I can link to a torrent that has a ton of Phantasy Star music from PSO, PSU, and Phantasy Star Sound Collection I and II. If the guy's really desperate, I could try doing a voice, but no guarantees on quality- not only do I suck at speaking, my microphone was part of a travel kit that cost 8 bucks. I'm trying to tune it for voice commands, but I still get a noise ratio of about 10 (A noticable buzz).
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mono » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:20 pm

The art is not bad at all. But it still looks more like a slideshow with weird camera moves than a proper animation, though. Even using a flash-based software they will have an insane amount of work to fix that. I hope they know it.
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

This looks like it was made in flash with photoshopped artwork. Interesting effort, but I think I expected more with the comments already made. =P
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 pm

The character art is good. The background art is a bit of a mess, though. You can see they tried to mesh different things together.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Missagh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Episode one is released, its pretty cool actually, especially considering that it was all done by one artist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OfUAAOCQk
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Return to Fan stuff