When PS phans meet

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

When PS phans meet

Postby Mono » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Last weekend I attended to a Phantasy Star Phan sort of meeting here in Rio de Janeiro. There are a few groups of brazilian phans all over the internet, including sites, mail lists (they still exist!), social networks, etc, but we never managed to assemble these people together. Since it's the 25th anniversary of the first PS release, we felt we should do something, so we called all phans from Rio de Janeiro so we could meet and know each other. I've been to other old gamer events before, but never one specially to celebrate our common passion for Phantasy Star. And I found it relevant enough to post here on PSCave because hey, there were two PSCave memebers there!

http://www.gagagames.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DSC03831.jpg
(Back row: Me, André (who travelled 400km from São Paulo just for it), Patrick (the most popular dude on orkut :^P), Rafael "00Agent", Luiz "Wren" Filipe; front row: André "Piga", and no one less than Orakio Rob, the man, the myth)

Last saturday, 7 phreaks went to a local mall. We went to a bar, where the manager let us plug a PS2 on a TV, and Luiz "Wren" Filipe played the Sega Ages - PS Collection, while we drank some Cola and chatted about PS and other gaming stuff and shouting "Hot!" when Reiko Kodama's enterview was unlocked and displayed from the Sega Genesis Collection CD :^P
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: When PS phans meet

Postby Mono » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 pm

http://www.gagagames.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DSC03833.jpg
We had to struggle through Alex Kidd in Enchanted Castle to unlock Kodama's enterview :^P
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mono » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Pictures credited to Orakio Rob, published originally here: http://www.gagagames.com.br/?p=35213
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:56 pm

That is so cool! I wish I was there. Thank you for sharing these. How was it meeting with each other? Did you guys get along well?

Phantasy Star convention next ;)
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Tanith » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Excellent! I hope you all had a great time! We might have to do this on the US east coast sometime. I think there are enough of us around to justify a meetup in NYC.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby carlsojos » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:10 pm

Tanith wrote:Excellent! I hope you all had a great time! We might have to do this on the US east coast sometime. I think there are enough of us around to justify a meetup in NYC.

If I get pulled into that one, make damn sure I get a plane ticket instead of driving. My butt is still sore from this weekend....
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 pm

I wholeheartedly endorse NYC Phantasy Star Con! We can use it as an excuse to party at Jen's fabulous new house, paid for with pr0n money!

Totally awesome that you all met up and hung out, sounds like a total blast. Orakio Rob looks smaller in person...
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Mono » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Missagh wrote:That is so cool! I wish I was there. Thank you for sharing these. How was it meeting with each other? Did you guys get along well?

Phantasy Star convention next

The expected ackwardness didn't last more than a few seconds. Most of us here, for example, probably have more in common than we think, it's easy to fill in a conversation and have fun. However, they resisted to my ideas of walking around in lines of 4 or 5 and make 90º turns, and covering ourselves in toilet paper and begging for some spare Cola :^P
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 am

There have been several similar meetings like that in São Paulo as well. No one from here has a site like Orakio Rob, so there aren't any pictures public available, but the meetings were mostly the same.

I even managed to convince my Maia to some of those meetings where she felt like a fish out of the water, but that is proof she really loves me :p
tilinelson2
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Fan stuff