Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

How should the main characters be named in Generation:2 ?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 am

Use the full Japanese names
38%
Use the English Sega Genesis names
55%
It doesn't matter
7%

Total votes : 73

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Postby InfernalFangirl » Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Yep, I'm trying to burn to CD. I got a very helpful PM telling me how to run it from PSCX2 which I'd love to do but our Windows computer is over ten years old and held together by a bit of duct tape and maybe some dark magic and my OSX machine is my work laptop so it's probably in my best interest to not be running games on it. I'm going to experiment with patching the Japanese ISO this weekend and see if that gets me anywhere. I'm just trying to get it working by July 1st because I'll have a whole month off from classes and when I found out about this translation I basically told everyone not to come looking for me and took a week of vacation time at work so I could finally play it. :)
InfernalFangirl
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Wed May 11, 2016 7:40 am

You know what, InfernalFangirl, before you waste any of your discs, I should let you know that, on a real PS2, there's a horrible crashing glitch when you win an item after battle. It makes it basically unplayable. So you may want to wait if you absolutely have to play this on real hardware.

---

More to report.

Space before Nei's line here, "That's not the case, now!"

Missing space after the comma here. (Nei, why did you steal Philip's space? :lol: )
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby InfernalFangirl » Thu May 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Oh geez...thank you for the heads up. That would've definitely been an unhappy find. Now if only I could open a chest and procure a laptop. :D
InfernalFangirl
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby SandyLandale » Sat May 14, 2016 7:07 am

Best of luck to you!

---

Eusis says this if you deliver the Polymetryl to the wrong Motavian. Since the Polymetryl is no longer in your inventory after this, he should probably say something like, "We can get Polymetryl, but to whom should we give it to?"
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Sun May 22, 2016 8:48 am

And there shouldn't be a "to" both at the end and before "whom".
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby SandyLandale » Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 am

Ah, good catch, Skymandr. It should be "We can get Polymetryl, but to whom should we give it?" or "We can get Polymetryl, but who should we give it to?" I think.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby SandyLandale » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:25 pm

I remember it was reported that the Plasma Field, when used as an item, casts a Gadge spell when used as an item. Chi89333 brought an item list to my attention that pointed out the Plasma Sword also uses a Gadge spell when used as an item. So I decided to puzzle out which casts what and I have that now.

- Plasma Sword: Casts Gigadge
- Plasma Field: Casts Sagadge

These should be added to their descriptions, which I'm gonna post below... just because I know from experience that item descriptions may not match up with the item name in the data. :whistle:

Plasma Sword's current description:
"Longsword emits a plasma wave.
Lightweight & lethal."

Plasma Field's current description:
"Vestment.
Generates protective plasma field."
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Novyal » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:37 pm

It's been a while since we last had some updates on the final version.

Hope everyone is OK
My digital art website: http://digiartdigi.wix.com/artedigital
Novyal
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Blaw- » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:47 am

From what I know, Tryphon still plan to fix the real hardware crashs this summer for both versions (english and french).
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Novyal » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:31 am

Thanks for the update, Blaw-!
My digital art website: http://digiartdigi.wix.com/artedigital
Novyal
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby UniqueUserName » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 pm

That is great news Blaw !!
Thank you for the update...
I cant freakin wait to play through it another time :) lol
(+[__]·:·) _____ [==_═══:]
_ P S P _________ P S 2 _
UniqueUserName
Locusta
Locusta

Postby The PS Logo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:16 am

One person on YouTube has uploaded a playthru of the full game, and noticed a significant (albeit minor) glitch.
The PS Logo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Shinto-Cetra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Tryphon can you please at least give us an update on the item glitch fixing? Blaw I saw your post, but I just want to see some recent official confirmation from Tryphon themself.

I helped translate this game about a year ago, it's very disheartening to help translate a game but not actually be able to play it. I use Mac OS X, so PCSX2 is meaningless to me, and I'm not the only one, as I've seen other OS X related posts on this board. Not to mention I played G1 on a real Playstation 2, so even if a I got a real PC, I would imagine there would be save data import issues if I were to start G2 on a emulator.
Shinto-Cetra
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby UniqueUserName » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Shinto-Cetra wrote:by Shinto-Cetra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:36 am= Tryphon can you please at least give us an update on the item glitch fixing? Blaw I saw your post, but I just want to see some recent official confirmation from Tryphon themself.

I helped translate this game about a year ago, it's very disheartening to help translate a game but not actually be able to play it. I use Mac OS X, so PCSX2 is meaningless to me, and I'm not the only one, as I've seen other OS X related posts on this board. Not to mention I played G1 on a real Playstation 2, so even if a I got a real PC, I would imagine there would be save data import issues if I were to start G2 on a emulator.

I dont mind waiting for this for as long as this takes of course... but Shinto-Cetra does have a valid point... atleast a quick word from Tryphon would ease the minds of everyone that has been stalking this thread regularly for many months now... It has been since the beginning of February since we heard anything from the great one afterall...

Tryphon wrote:by Tryphon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:44 pm= There will be a final version with the bugfix. It's all up to me, and I promise I'll make it when I'll have some time to devote to it. I'm currently busy with other stuff, among which life stuff (kids, work, etc.) but I'll finish that once and for all. I can't give a date though.

All agreeable points as well Tryphon... We understand that life comes first... I think what has been asked here by Shinto-Cetra (as well as a few others over the months) is just for some reassurance that the project hasnt been forgotten for good or anything... I too would love to hear something even as simple as "Im still here". Ever since I saw the below quote (back in June) Ive been itching to replay this goodness you have created for us. Drop us a line please.

Blaw- wrote:by Blaw » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:47 pm= From what I know, Tryphon still plan to fix the real hardware crashs this summer for both versions (english and french).

I think the fans are just starting to get worried now that summer is coming to an end... but it takes as long as it takes with no worries from me as long as the project still exists. It does right? Carry on wary travellers... Im sure we will hear back about all of this soon enough.
(+[__]·:·) _____ [==_═══:]
_ P S P _________ P S 2 _
UniqueUserName
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SandyLandale » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:41 am

Yeah, I'm in the camp of people who are a little worried now that summer is effectively over and nothing happened, if you want me to be honest. I'm sure it'll get done, it just didn't happen in the timeline I wanted it to.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff