Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

How should the main characters be named in Generation:2 ?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 am

Use the full Japanese names
38%
Use the English Sega Genesis names
55%
It doesn't matter
7%

Total votes : 73

Re: Phantasy Star Generation 2: English Translation

Postby Paul Jensen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:38 am

It's nice to hear that you're progressing so well with this translation.

I'd go with Japanese / German names wherever possible. And don't feel you have to stick to romanization conventions established by Japanese game designers -- in my experience they're not (usually) the best judges on how to romanize stuff. By the same token, don't feel that you need to use the established English names. Why bother putting in the time to do a "proper" localization at all if you're not going to localize everything from scratch? I think the goal should be keep things faithful, but also to make things sound cool and look good when written out in English, so use your own imagination. Screw convention. :)

Kyence wrote:1. "Hirza Boots": (Ha-i-ru-za-mu) ; on this site it is listed as Hailsome, which is a scottish term meaning 'healthy.' I have also seen that the German Heilsam (changed: thanks, skymandr, for the correct German spelling ) means the same thing. There are more examples of things looking more like German in the katakana form (it is used for any foreign word, after all). Which spelling should I use?

"Heilsam (boots)" sounds good to me. I'd use the "exotic" German spelling since that seems like the intention.

2. "Nish": (Hah-nisshu) ; on this site it is listed as Harnish, which has no meaning in English. However, the German word "Harnisch" is equivalent to Armor or Harness. Which is better, Harnisch, Harnish, or Harness?

Same here. Go with "Harnisch".

3. "Fiblira": (Fu-i-bu-ri-ra) ; this has always ranked up with Nish as a WTF item name for me. I am thinking it is actually a composite term of some sort. A fibula is a type of brooch used in ancient times. Reversing the -la and -ra, which are indistinguishable in Japanese, gives fibrilla, which is a term for a bunch of fibrils, or tiny fibers. I have seen this term used in some textiles, but is mainly a biological term; cellulose in plants and muscle fibers in animals can use it. I don't know if I should just keep PS3's precedent or what...but the idea of a woman's armor that resembles muscle fibers that form around the body sounds pretty sci-fi and cool.

"Fibrilla" sounds cool and exotic. Again, probably the intention. Go with that.

4. "Fiber": (Gu-ra-su) ; the game's kana is referring to Glass, but as this site shows, it is evident that the idea is that it was supposed to be Fiberglass/Glassfibre...it's a fun thing to note that the word got split up and used differently. I don't think they had the space to write it out; one of the G2-only items uses an abbreviation for this purpose. With Tryphon's tools, we can use either Fiberglass or Glassfibre in its entirety...which one would you like to see?

Do you have any pictures of the armor? Is it actual glass, or is it fiberglass?

5. "Kinds" /Kain ; Based on the German-sounding words I've come across, I wonder if this is supposed to be spelled more like "Keinz." I believe there is a character in the Black Butler series with the same kana spelling that is named Keinz.

Go with "Keinz". The Germanic spelling is probably what was intended. The pronunciation should be clear since the spelling is similar to the well-known brand Heinz. Don't use "Kinds". It sounds way too Engrishy to me.

HTH
Paul Jensen
Locusta
Locusta

Postby darkwraith007 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Kyence wrote:That being said, the poll I have with this thread is to establish a direction in the translation of names. I was thinking in this game to use the original Japanese names for the characters and the towns (some towns' names are actually longer, for example, Arima is actually Arimahya, Oputa is Oputano, etc.) For the basic techniques, use PSO spellings for the known ones, and then use the best Japanese romanization.

I'm a nobody who doesn't know Japanese, but I am a PS fan :)
I've linked to the PSO2 translations here. Might save some time :)
I'd prefer the following:

Towns = Japanese!
Techs/Teks = PSO2 ones are ok. Foie/Gifoie/Rafoie, and Megid, Resta, etc. I'd prefer the PSO2 ones before the PSO ones, but its up to you.

Kyence wrote:I have also been having some fun looking at item names. Remember Shune Boots? Well, their full name is Shunera boots. Shunera is the full name of the Ner technique for speed, and these boots give a speed boost. Garda Boots are actually Guard Boots.

Please use these accurate/full names when possible. Thanks!

Kyence wrote:
    1. "Hirza Boots": (Ha-i-ru-za-mu) ; on this site it is listed as Hailsome, which is a scottish term meaning 'healthy.' I have also seen that the German Heilsam (changed: thanks, skymandr, for the correct German spelling ) means the same thing. There are more examples of things looking more like German in the katakana form (it is used for any foreign word, after all). Which spelling should I use?

2. "Nish": (Hah-nisshu) ; on this site it is listed as Harnish, which has no meaning in English. However, the German word "Harnisch" is equivalent to Armor or Harness. Which is better, Harnisch, Harnish, or Harness?

3. "Fiblira": (Fu-i-bu-ri-ra) ; this has always ranked up with Nish as a WTF item name for me. I am thinking it is actually a composite term of some sort. A fibula is a type of brooch used in ancient times. Reversing the -la and -ra, which are indistinguishable in Japanese, gives fibrilla, which is a term for a bunch of fibrils, or tiny fibers. I have seen this term used in some textiles, but is mainly a biological term; cellulose in plants and muscle fibers in animals can use it. I don't know if I should just keep PS3's precedent or what...but the idea of a woman's armor that resembles muscle fibers that form around the body sounds pretty sci-fi and cool. I found the descriptions for the "fiblira" items...they are described as dresses made from fibers of the type of material. So, I think they meant fibrilla...however, this is singular for one strand, the plural form (and the likelihood that an article of clothing would be made from a bunch of fibrilla) is actually fibrillae. In the kana they may have been referring to the type of fiber strand; I may keep the singular form and keep the corresponding description in singular (i.e., the plain fibrilla would have an approximate description of "A dress made from a silk fiber." )

4. "Fiber": (Gu-ra-su) ; the game's kana is referring to Glass, but as this site shows, it is evident that the idea is that it was supposed to be Fiberglass/Glassfibre...it's a fun thing to note that the word got split up and used differently. I don't think they had the space to write it out; one of the G2-only items uses an abbreviation for this purpose. With Tryphon's tools, we can use either Fiberglass or Glassfibre in its entirety...which one would you like to see?

5. "Kinds" /Kain ; Based on the German-sounding words I've come across, I wonder if this is supposed to be spelled more like "Keinz." I believe there is a character in the Black Butler series with the same kana spelling that is named Keinz.

6. There is a weapon called a scale that only Kinds and Huey can use. Their animations look like they are using dai-kunai...the item description states that they are rod-like weapons that were originally tools. Suddenly, the image of Kinda and Huey beating the daylights out of Biomonsters with huge metal rulers enters my head...

I'll use numbers like in your list :)
1. Please use Heilsam and German names whenever possible! You can choose to include or exclude the accent-specific symbols, up to you. It would be helpful for other translators to implement them in there if space allows.
2. Please use Harnisch and the German name/spelling!
3. Please keep the singular form of 'fibrilla'!
4. Please use 'fiberglass' or 'FiberGlass', whichever looks better. The 'GlassFiber' and 'glassfiber' seem a bit awkward/kludgy.
5. Kinds in Japanese-romanization; Kain in the 'official' English translation. Despite this, I'd prefer Keinz. I never really liked the 'Kinds' name and 'Kain' is so generic. Make it German =D
In the PS2 text adventure, it is : カインズ・ジ・アン Kainzu or 'Keinzu' if we want to make it sound German. I feel that would be a better choice :)

For other names:
シルカ・レビニア (Shiruka Rebinia/Shira or Shilka Rebina)
アーミア・アミルスキー (Āmia Amirusuki/Amia Amirski)
ヒューイ・リーン (Hyūi Lean/Huey Rean)
アンヌ・サガ (Annu/Anne Saga)
ルドガー・スタイナー (Rudogā Steiner/Rudger Steiner)
ネイ (Nei) is fine
ユーシス (Yūshisu/Yusys/Eusis) I think 'Yusys' would be a nice in-joke geek reference (think Unix geek), but others may not like the change, so 'Eusis' might work better.

6. For the weapon, I'm gonna go with the Phantasy Star 2 text adventures here. In them, Huey uses a very sharp 'student ID card' (of all things!) to cut power cords and more. So for Huey they could be similar items as a nod to the text adventures, and in Kain's case they could be wrenches as an ode to his profession. This is really personal preference so you can use whatever you feel is best.
darkwraith007
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Tryphon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

I like Shirka for Shir, because it's a name I've already heard in an anime (ok, it was French and Japanese). I mean this one (I suppose only French have seen it). You'll notice that they say Shiruka could be a katakana form of Circé (which I find dubious ; in French, we pronounce "Sirsay", but in ancient Greek it would be "kirkay" so it can make sense)
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 pm

The fact that this is already being tackled... It's amazing!

Character names: I prefer all the JP ones, honestly. Eusis (or whatever it is being translated to, but I like Eusis) beats Rolf by a long shot.

Town names: I like what SOA did with it, given the provided examples. Arima is less of a mouthful than Arimahya, and Oputa is better than Oputano IMO, but as a fan of seeing things as they were intended to be, I'm cool with the decision to keep them true to the JP. And for techs, I'm a fan of change there, too (as I am a PSO fan).

Call me the oddball of the bunch here, but I'm rather fond of "Hirza Boots".

For Nish, I like Harness. The others listed sound odd. And, again, I might be the odd one, but using German terms with native English speakers might throw people off.

Fiblira was something that confused me for years when playing PSIII, and I could never understand what the heck it was. Still, it's grown on me. =P Fibrilla sounds all right to me if you want to change it.

Fiberglass > Glassfibre.

I prefer Kain over Kinds (it sounds and looks very Engrish-y), though I do like Keinz. The problem with Keinz for me is that I think of Kein(I've seen it romanized as Kain, too) from PSIII in JP, which is a bit confusing. =p

On #6, at first a mace came to mind and I pictured Kain and Huey bludgeoning things to death. :3 I've got nothing.

Anyway, good luck with this translation! It'll take a lot of work and dedication, but I'm sure you'll do great. ^^
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Paul Jensen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 pm

For the character names:

ユーシス Eusis Landale (that's his last name, right?)
ネイ Nei
ルドガー・スタイナー Rudger Steiner
アンヌ・サガ Anna(h) Sauga(h) ("Anne" or "Ann" would also work here, but IMO the name rolls more smoothly with "Anna(h)")
ヒューイ・リーン Huey Leighn
アーミア・アミルスキー Amia Amirski
シルカ・レビニア Sirkka Lavinia

HTH
Paul Jensen
Locusta
Locusta

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am

Paul Jensen wrote:ユーシス Eusis Landale (that's his last name, right?)
Landale, but I've also seen it as "Landeel". Depends on who you ask. =p

For some of the other names, I've seen them translated a bit differently by Rebecca Capowski. As I don't know much Japanese, I can't say much, but I think I prefer "Shilka" over "Sirkka" for Shir. Still, I always enjoy seeing different takes on these things. :)

But... I'm curious as to how Kyence will handle her translations. ^^
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tryphon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 am

Paul Jensen wrote:ユーシス Eusis Landale (that's his last name, right?)

Would be surprising : he's lost his parents, he doesn't know he's from royal origin until Lutz tells him, and I suppose Mother Brain would have made an investigation if someone with this name remained (as an agent!)
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Kyence » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:48 am

Hello, everyone! Things have been kinda slow lately, on account of Hurricane Sandy beating the living cr*p out of Long Island. Even the weakest hurricane can be extra destructive druing high tide and the full moon. There's a Noreaster due to come in by Wednesday - fun! I finally got Internet back.

Looking at the awesome feedback, I have a couple of preliminary ideas-

I do want to call Kinds Keinz, but that isn't final yet.

I'm changing Met to Helmet and Chest to Chestplate. I going with Ärmel for every hand armor for ladies (Truth "sleeve" uses a kanji that is Armel in German; I am going to be consistent and call Green Sleeve a Green Ärmel as well, since it's the only one they used English for and sticks out) , Fibrilla, and Harnisch.

Looking up the Scale item used only by Kain/Hugh, it turns out that it is an actual measuring item, so I'll stick with calling them that. It is used differently than a ruler:

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-scale-and-vs-ruler/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer%27s_scale
Kyence
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Paul Jensen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Kyence wrote:I'm changing Met to Helmet and Chest to Chestplate. I going with Ärmel for every hand armor for ladies (Truth "sleeve" uses a kanji that is Armel in German; I am going to be consistent and call Green Sleeve a Green Ärmel as well, since it's the only one they used English for and sticks out) , Fibrilla, and Harnisch.

Good find on Armeel. I did a Google search, and found a few mentions of that connection on Japanese message boards, so it seems like that's probably the right word to use.

Also, "breastplate" is a possible alternative to "chestplate".

HTH
Paul Jensen
Locusta
Locusta

Postby SteveO » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Helm would be good, because both it and "met" are just abbreviations of helmet.

As for Green Sleeve / Greensleeve, you might want to leave that one as-is, instead of changing it to Ärmel, since it's likely a reference to an old English folk song from the 1500's titled "Greensleeves."

Plate would work fine for Chestplate, if space issues arise.
SteveO
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Kyence » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:49 am

Hmm, maybe I should keep Truth Sleeve and Green Sleeve as-is...

I think I decided on Silka for our favorite thief. It works both in English and German with the katakana spelling. It is an actual name, a derived form of Cecilia. Depending on where the name is believed to originate from, it has two meanings. From Latin, it means blind. But, if it is considered the female form of Cecil, derived from the Welsh name Seissylt, it means "sixth [child]." Shirka/Shir/Silka is the SIXTH person to show up at our doorstep and join us (Nei does not count, since you start the game with her). That's one heck of a coincidence...and I am going to totally roll with it

Update:

I translated the main menu and status screens. It is much more stylized than the G1 version, all thanks to CUE's programs. Right now I am only working on the Japanese name formats. When I am complete with doing a once-over of the maps, I may make corresponding ones with the English names if time, demand, and encoding of dialogue permits.

status_trans.JPG
status_trans.JPG (73.95 KiB) Viewed 25600 times

main_menu.JPG
main_menu.JPG (69.19 KiB) Viewed 25600 times
Kyence
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Paul Jensen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm

That's lookin' pretty good.

Good call going with the name Silka. I would've gone with Sirkka (to be ornery), but thanks anyway for not going with Shiruka or something like that. :-)
Paul Jensen
Locusta
Locusta

Postby skymandr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Sirkka to me sounds like an elderly woman of patience and moderation, living in a Northern Swedish rural community somewhere (possibly of Finish ancestry), not as a metropolitan thief with Wanderlust and an adrenaline addiction... ;)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Blaw- » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 am

Hello. I'm working with tryphon on a japanese-to-french translation of this game, and I already translated most of the SLPM texts (characters names, techniques, items, weapons, locations, etc... as he required those translations to test his hacking), I also translated one of the main script file (16 kb one, Arimaya dialogs), also to permit him to test his hacking.

The only thing remaining untranslated in the SLPM file (which have about ~86 kb of texts) for the french version is the monsters list. All the monsters names are english ones and I didn't manage to find all of them (and there is some I'm not 100% sure about), and of course, to translate them in french, I must first have them in english (as the monsters names are in english in the japanese version).

(We are actually doing a lot of tests to get the modified (translated) version to work on the actual PS2, as something seems to prevent the game to run on it actually)

I think it can also be useful for the english version, and so for Kyence, as the monsters names list would be able to be reused for the english version without any or little modifications.

So here's the actual list I have, and if some peoples are interested to submit some ideas for the untranslated/unsure one (or even for others), it would be nice!

Code: Select all
--- address = 1a89e0, pointers = [1a88b4], c_style
マザーブレイン => Mother Brain
--- address = 1a89f0, pointers = [1a8820], c_style
ダークファルス => Dark Force (though the most result you get with "ファルス" is "Farce", but tryphon don't like it, and same for me. We can also see that the team that made the game didn't seem very good with english words as the word "illusionist" seems to also have an error, but I don't think it could be a word other than illusionist)
--- address = 1a8a00, pointers = [1a878c,1a8948], c_style
ネイ・ファースト => Nei-First
--- address = 1a8a18, pointers = [1a86f8], c_style
デ・ラッピー => De-Rappy
--- address = 1a8a28, pointers = [1a8664], c_style
モ・ラッピー => Mo-Rappy
--- address = 1a8a38, pointers = [1a85d0], c_style
パ・ラッピー => Pa-Rappy
--- address = 1a8a48, pointers = [1a853c], c_style
ギ・ル・ザーク
--- address = 1a8a58, pointers = [1a84a8], c_style
ルン・フィン・ガ
--- address = 1a8a70, pointers = [1a8414], c_style
ダ・ケムル・ラー
--- address = 1a8a88, pointers = [1a8380], c_style
キングレムレス => King ????
--- address = 1a8a98, pointers = [1a82ec], c_style
ストームレムレス => Storm ????
--- address = 1a8ab0, pointers = [1a8258], c_style
ファイアレムレス => Fire ????
--- address = 1a8ac8, pointers = [1a81c4], c_style
ドラゴンヘイト => Dragon ???? (I saw "Heit" somewhere but google give x10 more results for "Hate")
--- address = 1a8ad8, pointers = [1a8130], c_style
ドラゴンダウト => Dragon ???? (I saw "Daut" somewhere but google auto-correct it as "Doubt")
--- address = 1a8ae8, pointers = [1a809c], c_style
アーキドラゴン => Arch Dragon
--- address = 1a8af8, pointers = [1a8008], c_style
イマジオメイジ => Imagio Mage
--- address = 1a8b08, pointers = [1a7f74], c_style
イリュジュニスト => Illusionist
--- address = 1a8b20, pointers = [1a7ee0], c_style
カオスソーサラー => Chaos Sorcerer
--- address = 1a8b38, pointers = [1a7e4c], c_style
シェイドシフター => Shade Shifter
--- address = 1a8b50, pointers = [1a7db8], c_style
デスインバーター => Death Inverter
--- address = 1a8b68, pointers = [1a7d24], c_style
ダークサイド => Dark Side
--- address = 1a8b78, pointers = [1a7c90], c_style
デスロウナー => Death Launer (?)
--- address = 1a8b88, pointers = [1a7bfc], c_style
クライブリンガー
--- address = 1a8ba0, pointers = [1a7b68], c_style
リビングブレード => Living Blade
--- address = 1a8bb8, pointers = [1a7ad4], c_style
モソロフ
--- address = 1a8bc8, pointers = [1a79ac], c_style
ムソオル
--- address = 1a8bd8, pointers = [1a7918], c_style
スニフィラビット => Sniffy (?) Rabbit
--- address = 1a8bf0, pointers = [1a7884], c_style
スポイルラビット => Spoil Rabbit
--- address = 1a8c08, pointers = [1a77f0], c_style
ダーティアンゴラ
--- address = 1a8c20, pointers = [1a775c], c_style
マレフィックアイ => Malefic Eye
--- address = 1a8c38, pointers = [1a76c8], c_style
スカイティアーラ
--- address = 1a8c50, pointers = [1a7634], c_style
アウルデゾリア => Owl Dezolia (should be from the name "Dezolis" from the game, but it will depend of the final spelling decided)
--- address = 1a8c60, pointers = [1a75a0], c_style
デゾリアマンモス => Dezolia Mammoth (should be from the name "Dezolis" from the game, but it will depend of the final spelling decided)
--- address = 1a8c78, pointers = [1a750c], c_style
ネオビッグノーズ => Neo Big Nose
--- address = 1a8c90, pointers = [1a7478], c_style
ネオマンモス => Neo Mammoth
--- address = 1a8ca0, pointers = [1a73e4], c_style
ドロールモンキー => Droll Monkey
--- address = 1a8cb8, pointers = [1a7350], c_style
ラスカルモンキー => Rascal Monkey
--- address = 1a8cd0, pointers = [1a72bc], c_style
ハングリーエイプ =>
--- address = 1a8ce8, pointers = [1a7228], c_style
アイレティーア => Eye ????
--- address = 1a8cf8, pointers = [1a7194], c_style
バンリーダー => ???? Leader
--- address = 1a8d08, pointers = [1a706c], c_style
ミネラロジスト => Mineralogist
--- address = 1a8d18, pointers = [1a6fd8], c_style
サボキャップ
--- address = 1a8d28, pointers = [1a6f44], c_style
クーリー61
--- address = 1a8d38, pointers = [1a6eb0], c_style
ポリンスペクター
--- address = 1a8d50, pointers = [1a6e1c], c_style
トレーサベース => Tracer Base
--- address = 1a8d60, pointers = [1a6d88], c_style
アーミーアイ => Army Eye
--- address = 1a8d70, pointers = [1a6cf4], c_style
グランバスター => Grand Buster
--- address = 1a8d80, pointers = [1a6c60], c_style
ヘビーソルジャー => Heavy Soldier
--- address = 1a8d98, pointers = [1a6bcc], c_style
アイソール => Eye Soul (?) (I saw "Eyesore" somewhere, but google don't give "sore" for those katakanas)
--- address = 1a8da8, pointers = [1a6b38], c_style
バンブードール => Bamboo Doll
--- address = 1a8db8, pointers = [1a6aa4], c_style
バンブートウィグ => Bamboo Twig
--- address = 1a8dd0, pointers = [1a6a10], c_style
バンブー => Bamboo
--- address = 1a8de0, pointers = [1a697c], c_style
ミゾランオメガ => ???? Omega
--- address = 1a8df0, pointers = [1a68e8], c_style
ミゾランシグマ => ???? Sigma
--- address = 1a8e00, pointers = [1a6854], c_style
ミゾランガンマ => ???? Gamma
--- address = 1a8e10, pointers = [1a67c0], c_style
サットサット
--- address = 1a8e20, pointers = [1a672c], c_style
サットボーイ => ???? Boy
--- address = 1a8e30, pointers = [1a6698], c_style
サットマン => ???? Man
--- address = 1a8e40, pointers = [1a6604], c_style
イッポデホ
--- address = 1a8e50, pointers = [1a6570], c_style
ホズイトデホ
--- address = 1a8e60, pointers = [1a6448], c_style
ポリツァイSS => Polizei SS
--- address = 1a8e70, pointers = [1a63b4], c_style
ポリツァイAX => Polizei AX
--- address = 1a8e80, pointers = [1a6320], c_style
ポリツァイ => Polizei
--- address = 1a8e90, pointers = [1a628c], c_style
トレーサー => Tracer
--- address = 1a8ea0, pointers = [1a61f8], c_style
インフォーマー => Informer
--- address = 1a8eb0, pointers = [1a6164], c_style
ホイッスル => Whistle
--- address = 1a8ec0, pointers = [1a60d0], c_style
パンテーラ => Panthera
--- address = 1a8ed0, pointers = [1a603c], c_style
リュンクス
--- address = 1a8ee0, pointers = [1a5fa8], c_style
アイルーロス => Eye ????
--- address = 1a8ef0, pointers = [1a5f14], c_style
ネオベネティテス => Neo Bennettitales
--- address = 1a8f08, pointers = [1a5e80], c_style
ネオニルソニア => Neo Nilssonia
--- address = 1a8f18, pointers = [1a5dec], c_style
ネオカイトニア => Neo Caytoniales
--- address = 1a8f28, pointers = [1a5d58], c_style
カイトドラゴン => Kite Dragon
--- address = 1a8f38, pointers = [1a5cc4], c_style
レプタイルカイト => Reptile Kite
--- address = 1a8f50, pointers = [1a5c30], c_style
カイトカインド
--- address = 1a8f60, pointers = [1a5b9c], c_style
シーシアロード
--- address = 1a8f70, pointers = [1a5b08], c_style
シーシア
--- address = 1a8f80, pointers = [1a5a74], c_style
シーシザース
--- address = 1a8f90, pointers = [1a59e0], c_style
フレアウルフ => Flare Wolf
--- address = 1a8fa0, pointers = [1a594c], c_style
バーンウルフ => Burn Wolf
--- address = 1a8fb0, pointers = [1a58b8], c_style
ブリザーダ => Frizzard
--- address = 1a8fc0, pointers = [1a5824], c_style
フェイリア
--- address = 1a8fd0, pointers = [1a5790], c_style
ブロックヘッド => Block Head
--- address = 1a8fe0, pointers = [1a56fc], c_style
デッドウッド => Dead Wood
--- address = 1a8ff0, pointers = [1a5668], c_style
プラネットカバー => Planet Cover
--- address = 1a9008, pointers = [1a55d4], c_style
マンカバー => Man Cover (?)
--- address = 1a9018, pointers = [1a5540], c_style
バスカバー => Base Cover (?)
--- address = 1a9028, pointers = [1a54ac], c_style
ボミテングリーチ => Vomiting Leech
--- address = 1a9040, pointers = [1a5418], c_style
ベリッチリーチ
--- address = 1a9050, pointers = [1a52f0], c_style
ミキサメーベ
--- address = 1a9060, pointers = [1a525c], c_style
シュライムゼレ
--- address = 1a9070, pointers = [1a51c8], c_style
アメボイデ
--- address = 1a9080, pointers = [1a5134], c_style
グラススロータラ => Grass ???? (Slaughter would be good for "スロータ" and fit with "Killer" and "Assassin" but there is a "ラ" after)
--- address = 1a9098, pointers = [1a50a0], c_style
グラスアサッシン => Grass Assassin
--- address = 1a90b0, pointers = [1a500c], c_style
グラスキラー => Grass Killer
--- address = 1a90c0, pointers = [1a4f78], c_style
ラストロット => Last Rot
--- address = 1a90d0, pointers = [1a4ee4], c_style
チョーキンロット => Chocking Rot
--- address = 1a90e8, pointers = [1a4e50], c_style
キャリア
--- address = 1a90f8, pointers = [1a4dbc], c_style
スカルリッカー => Scull (?) Licker
--- address = 1a9108, pointers = [1a4d28], c_style
フェイスリッカー => Face Licker
--- address = 1a9120, pointers = [1a4c94], c_style
リッカー => Licker
--- address = 1a9130, pointers = [1a4c00], c_style
グリディペドラ
--- address = 1a9140, pointers = [1a4b6c], c_style
センチペドラ
--- address = 1a9150, pointers = [1a4ad8], c_style
フライングペドラ
--- address = 1a9168, pointers = [1a4a44], c_style
ポイズンファング => Poison Fang
--- address = 1a9180, pointers = [1a49b0], c_style
ポイズンドアロー => Poison ????
--- address = 1a9198, pointers = [1a491c], c_style
ポイズナー => Poisoner
--- address = 1a91a8, pointers = [1a4888], c_style
エムゴフェンサー => ???? Fencer
--- address = 1a91c0, pointers = [1a47f4], c_style
マスタフェンサー => Master Fencer
--- address = 1a91d8, pointers = [1a4760], c_style
フェンサー => Fencer
--- address = 1a91e8, pointers = [1a46cc], c_style
ビジョンスフィア => Vision Sphere
--- address = 1a9200, pointers = [1a4638], c_style
ファンシスフィア => Fancy Sphere
--- address = 1a9218, pointers = [1a45a4], c_style
スピニンスフィア => Spinning Sphere
--- address = 1a9230, pointers = [1a4510], c_style
グランモスキート => Gran Mosquito
--- address = 1a9248, pointers = [1a447c], c_style
ギガモスキート => Giga Mosquito
--- address = 1a9258, pointers = [1a43e8], c_style
モスキート => Mosquito
--- address = 1a9268, pointers = [1a4354], c_style
パンツァアント => ???? Ant
--- address = 1a9278, pointers = [1a42c0], c_style
アームドアント => Armed Ant
--- address = 1a9288, pointers = [1a422c], c_style
バイテングアント => Biting Ant

If it can help, here's a link which show the pictures of the monsters, along with their japanese names : http://phantasy-star.ucoz.ru/index/phan ... vniki/0-49 (genesis english names (with pictures) for curious people : http://www.phantasy-star.net/psii/psiimonsters1.html)

As I imagine english is the native language of most people on this board, I think it might be easier for you to find some names rather than me (sometimes, I thought some names were weird, but in fact there are maybe fine).

For those three :

ネオベネティテス => Neo Bennettitales
--- address = 1a8f08, pointers = [1a5e80], c_style
ネオニルソニア => Neo Nilssonia
--- address = 1a8f18, pointers = [1a5dec], c_style
ネオカイトニア => Neo Caytoniales

I searched on google and found two of them with a near similar names, one is a plant and the other is a tree (and those monsters are trees in the game).
Last edited by Blaw- on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Blaw-
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Sword » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 am

Paging Benoit, here's a perfect opportunity for you!
"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff