My PSIII Remake!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Re: My PSIII Remake!

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Y'know what I like about PSIII remakes? There's some that are similar, but for the most part, they're all pretty different idea-wise. While I might not agree with some ideas that are generally thrown out there, I'm still hoping that someone gets somewhere with their project.

I have a project of my own, but it's become more of a hobby now more than anything else (unfortunately).
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby sjlanlounge » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:51 pm

This project is still very alive and I've put some recent work in. The character faces and graphics have been changed/revised as I wasn't happy. I am nearing a finished first generation with King of Cille boss. I just need to work on and implement battle system tweaks and a few bits and bobs. The games very close to being available as an alpha play but be warned its very far from final completion. I am looking for a really polished and ready first generation before I start on the others.

I have 2 friends on the project soon, ones going to test, game play check, bug check and go through all the spelling, grammar and dialogue. The other is a very nice map and game creator so he'll be looking at the look and feel of the game. I could really use an artist or image person to create pictures I can use for cutscene and dialogue.
-=[Muzz]=-
sjlanlounge
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Oda » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:20 am

if you ever need art for the game, feel free to hit me up. PSIII is basically my favorite and I would love to help in a remake, though soon i might be tried for time since school will start back up. Some examples of my art can be found at http://doyukoto.deviantart.com/ or www.a-awkward-artist.tumblr.com

I hope all goes well for you and your project ヽ( ´¬`)ノ
Help I have Phantasy Star'd and can't get up
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby sjlanlounge » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Hey Oda you still around/active I may require some art work soon :-D
-=[Muzz]=-
sjlanlounge
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Civet » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey Sjlanlounge!

You're project look really interesting, wish you the best to manage to accomplish it

I don't intend to steal any work but if Oda doesn't pop up any time soon, I'd be happy to give you a hand with art works Here is my deviantart page if you want to have a look http://azevarley.deviantart.com/.

Cheers !
Civet
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Oda » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:26 am

sjlanlounge wrote:Hey Oda you still around/active I may require some art work soon

I am still active! I've been busy with school, but I'm out for break now; however I am currently tabletless. Unless I get one for Christmas, I probably wont be able to do much outside of traditional art.

And don't worry Civet, you aren't stealing work! The more people offering to do work/working on these things the better right?
Help I have Phantasy Star'd and can't get up
Oda
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Crim » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Goodness, tackling a remake is quite the challenge. Especially for a meaty game such as PSIII.

I'm really looking forward to what updates you've made since your previous set of screens too.

One thing that has been commented on is graphics in here, and I hope you don't mind some two cents from a newcomer. In terms of graphics, sadly they do play a major part in gaming these days. Back during the late 80s-early 90s, they weren't nearly as important. Due to the technical limitations, It was far more about storytelling and getting creative with what you've got. These days, we get games like FEZ or Braid that are lead by a single person and even if they don't necessarily have that visual oomph, they have a creative style or flare to them. It's sadly just become one of those factors that having a strong art section for development is a must in some aspect, even when re-creating a classic.

I don't mean to say this to discourage you or to be rude, far from it. I just want to make mention because of my own personal experience. Few years back I tried creating a VN (Visual Novel) with a group of individuals and we ended up having to hire a professional artist. Granted, art is a more focused piece, but our original art was so poorly received. While the project still never came to light, from a business perspective of creation it's a move that is almost a necessity.

I wish you the best with your project, and I hope we'll be able to hear more from you soon!
Crim
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby steve_muzz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:18 pm

SJLANLOUNGE was my old account.

This remake is now http://stephenjmurray0.wix.com/ps3forsakenevil
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Previous

Return to Fan stuff