Looking for Phantasy Star III like sprites

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Looking for Phantasy Star III like sprites

Postby Tryphon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Hello,

I don't remember if I asked here, so :

I'm planning to remake Phantasy Star III. For this purpose, I'd like to replace the old low-res sprites with better quality ones. Since making all of them from scratch would be too big a task (not speaking of textures and cg), I'd like to find a more recent game (at least from the PSX era) whose graphic style closely resemble the one of PSIII.

Here are the original sprites (you should all know them, but in case...) :

Please note they aren't really like traditional 8/16 bits JRPGs : the head is comparatively smaller, they look "sharper" than, for example, Phantasy Star II or IV sprites. They look a little amidst between Western and Eastern style.

I was told that the sprites of Rhapsody of Zephyr could match, and there's something but proportions need adjusting. I found that War Of Genesis III sprites seem even closer. But they are difficult to hack (most of the tools or documents about the compression used are in chinese or korean).

Do you know of any games that could fit as a basis for graphics ? It's better if its sprites are already in the database, but if it's not the case, I can try to hack them.

Thanks for any help !
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: Looking for Phantasy Star III like sprites

Postby Tryphon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Really no one ? Was my question unclear ?
Tryphon
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff