Favorite non-asain "comic"

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Postby ghost_stalker » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:28 pm

whats your favorite non-aiasin "comic" <br>I like JTHM
ghost_stalker

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:50 am

I like the Mônica comics (the caracter that starred in the SMS Wonder Boy rip off Mônica no Castelo do Dragão - http://www.smspower.org/db/monicanocastelododragao-sms-br.shtml
Monocromatico

Postby ghost_stalker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:41 am

I like JTHM
ghost_stalker

Postby Monocromatico » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:56 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ghost_stalker</i><p>I like JTHM<br></blockquote><p>Yeah, we have noticed it already
Monocromatico

Postby ghost_stalker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Sorry about the repeat my little brother got on my computer and resent it.
ghost_stalker

Postby Somebody » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:45 pm

I hate it when people get on my computer and mess with my stuff. Then you get weird messages back on somethings you never saud
Somebody

Postby Malakai » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:20 pm

Thank you for that off topic post Sb. Better luck next time.<p>Now do you mean favorite non-asian comic in general or that is still a manga? What are the parameters here? Comics include a wide variety of things. I could say Calvin & Hobbes, for example. Or The Uncanny X-men, or Superman, etc.
Malakai

Postby ghost_stalker » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:45 pm

Anything that is not considered manga.
ghost_stalker

Postby Arkhan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:35 pm

I like the Sandman comic series alot...hmm what else, oh the old D&D comics.......the new ones blow, the comics that appear in Nintendo Power (Nester...heheh), and MAD Magazine comics....<p>My favorite non manga comic is probablyyyyyyyyyy...........hm Sandman!!! :)<p>Oh oh oh oh!!! And the Star-raiders comic, the Defender comic, and the Earth/Fire/Water world comics from Atari, those things is fo' reals.<p>[size=small][Edit by Arkhan on [TIME]1110469006[/TIME]][/size]
Arkhan

Postby Shell Presto » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:22 am

My favorite American comic was X-Men before Onslaught and X-Factor when it was the original X-Men on the team. <p>My favorite comic strip is Peanuts. (Rest peacefully, Mr. Schultz)<p>I also like Liberty Meadows, which is a comic strip in comic book form.
Shell Presto

Postby ROMeo » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:25 am

I'm a graphic novel kind of guy (Lex Luthor's Unauthorized Biography, Arkham Asylum, etc), while my favorite comic strips are Garfield, Penauts, and Calvin&Hobbes.<p>Speaking of graphic novels, last month I read a very good one, Marvel 1602. The story is written by Neil Gayman and it places the Marvel Universe in Queen Isabel's England. A very good experiment IMHO... which reminds me I still have to read "Gotham by Gaslight".
ROMeo

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:41 pm

The greatest non-Asian comic ever is Peanuts, then Garfield, the Calvin and Hobbes, and then Farside.
Lassic's Chllun

Postby Etra McGarl » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:43 am

ummm.....only ones i've read that i can remember are Aphrodite, and Vamerilla, and i like Aphrodite better, very cool story plot. :)
Etra McGarl

Postby ill-intent » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:58 pm

Let's see.......... I don't know if I can list a whole series as a fav. Too many of them shift artists and writers too often to say the whole thing is good. All I can do is list a few I remember as good'uns.<p> - I used to be huge X-men fan (roughly issues 90-220)<br> - The Dark Knight Returns is good, as well as several other Batman mini series.<br> - Grendel was an interesting one for violence. So was ABC Warriors by Bisley. <br> - Hellblazer was fun (had to go see Constantine recently just for that)<br> <br> That's all I can remember for now. Oh, I suppose I'll have to dust off my Sin City as that movie is coming out soon. (go, Frank Miller!)
ill-intent

Postby Phan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:03 pm

I like...<p>Sandman<br>Spider Man<br>Get Fuzzy<br>Futurama<br>Bart Simpson <br>The Simpsons<br>Non Sequitur<br>Bone<br>The Far Side<p>[size=small][Edit by Phan on [TIME]1121857873[/TIME]][/size]
Phan

Next

Return to Anime / Manga