Japanese or dubbed?

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby smam » Wed May 19, 2004 7:25 pm

woo... I'm not big on watching stuff with subtitles. But at the last convention I went to, all the anime they were showing was in subtitles, no dubbing. So I got used to it! And I learned a few Japanese words along the way! Watching subtitles with Japanese is good if you're having problems with pronunciation. XD But I prefer dubbed. Because I suck at reading the subtitles and actually watching what's going on. lol.
smam

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Wosu » Fri May 21, 2004 8:52 am

I abore dubs because of the mess they did in France... It turned out that a lot of series got their name changed and all characters got their name changed to because they thought we'd rather prefer someone called like us than some one with a japanese name.<br>I have to admit that 10 years ago we had some quit skilled dubers in france for anime, but recently all dubs are just totaly diseapointing. I am not a big fan of english dubs either I don't know why... Maybe because I watched the wrong dubbed-animes??? I love Original version subtitled in english even more than I love the subtitles in my native language. Hahaha it makes the whole thing look more exotic hahahaa it's a strange feeling.
Wosu

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Benoit » Fri May 21, 2004 11:41 am

Yeah, the French dubs were awesome. Their translations were also better (example: DB(Z) names were more accurate).<br>Now they are starting to dub again. I hope they did the Fruits Basket dub well, because I'm going to buy that one.
Benoit

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri May 21, 2004 5:30 pm

Lord Khyron prefers English for these reasons:<p>1) I am ENGLISH. My language.<br>2) I wanna HEAR and UNDERSTAND what goes on. That involves understanding the words and what they mean said. <br>3) I don't want to read while at the same time listening to a language I don't understand.<br>4) Some English VA's Rock! Many of them have been around since Robotech and beyond. Some of them are:<br>5) Swearing in English sounds better!<br>6) In Japanese "I will send you to meet your ancestors, Idiot!" In English "I'll send you to hell, Bastard!" Now the English sounds better :D<p>Michael Mcconahei<br>David Lucas<br>Alexis Lang/Lex Lang<br>Cam Clarke/Jimmy Flinders<br>Wendee Lee<br>Mike Reynolds<br>Dan Worren<br>Steve Kramer<br>Lia Sargent<br>Reba West(Rebeckah Forstadt)<br>Melora Harte(Melanie McQueen)<br>David Kaye<p>And those are all I can remember off the top of my head.<p>Now don't get me wrong, I'll watch subtitles, But I like English dialogue. Subtitles is okay for me.
Lord Khyron

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby smam » Fri May 21, 2004 5:56 pm

Crispin Freeman... (@) <p>*runs away before she can get pelted with rotten fruit*
smam

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri May 21, 2004 11:55 pm

Heck yeah! Crispin Freeman. I love him!<p>He did Kagetsu in Shamanic Princess and Alucard from Hellsing! Alan Gabriel on BIG-O Season 2 also! :D Amon on Witch Hunter Robin<p>He is a awesome VA. I forgot him, Thanks for reminding me.
Lord Khyron

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby smam » Sat May 22, 2004 12:49 am

And Zelgadis from Slayers and you can't forget Rociel from Angel Sanctuary. @_@ *faints*
smam

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Werefox » Fri May 28, 2004 11:02 am

I prefer subbed to dubbed.<br>I don't understand a word Japanese but I simply like the sound of the language.
Werefox

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby WolfHunt » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:58 pm

BAKA<br>dubbed is better<br><p>[size=small][Edit by WolfHunt on [TIME]1087077538[/TIME]][/size]
WolfHunt

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Hero » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:38 pm

prefer original japanese anime subtitled in english . it's much funnyer and cooler watching an anime in it's original super kawaii language :>
Hero

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:54 pm

Japanese is not super kawaii o.o<p>WHatever you're smoking, it's not protoculture leaves, so please share it!<p>I wanna trip out too :D<p>P.S. Japanese is a cool language.. but KAWAII?!!
Lord Khyron

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:44 pm

I MUCH prefer subs. One reason being 95% of the dubs out there suck. Also, you get to hear what the character is supposed to sound like, not what dubbers thought they should sound like. And you get to hear the emotion from the characters, some dubs but the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong sylABLE so it sounds wrong. And lastly, you get the real storyline, with no cuts, which once again 95% of dubbers do. Cut the anime to shreads...
Tekno-Crystal

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:41 pm

Yet there are many dubs where the subtitled texts and the dubbed speaking match identically.<p>You can't judge those as being chopped.<p>And as the PS:Gaiden translation showed, You can't really trust the translators for subtitles or from japanese to English in general.<p>So the only course is watch both dubbed and subbed. <p>And I am sorry, Swearing is better in English than the damn japanese.<p>Also, Some original japanese dialogues suck. FOTN anyone? Sounds like they are all drunk and under water.<p>P.S. Subtitled is great. ^^ I watch them when I can't find English language. It is normal to prefer your own language<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1087603725[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Hero » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:06 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><br>P.S. Japanese is a cool language.. but KAWAII?!!<br></blockquote><p>just imagine some japanese girl pronouncing - Konnichiwa ^.^<p>japanese language teh ownz~
Hero

Japanese or dubbed?

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:33 am

Now if she goes "Konnichiwa Kemma Khyron." wee.. Calling me Lord already..<p>or we can blend them and go<p>"I'm your seramikku doru, Khyron-sama"<p>wee.. Porcelin Doll.. Means I have to take care of her :D <p>I could live with that. XD<p>Kemma is Zentraedi for Lord. <p>The Zentraedi language in Robotech and Macross bears a striking resemblance to japanese. <p>Anyways, Japanese can be cute under certain circumstances<p>P.S. I liked your game Hero. I have to give props to anyone who works their tail off for something they love. Just because one person gave you a bad review, doesn't mean everyone will. For one hater there is always 3-5 admirers or more. You made it for free to begin with and as Stewie says on Family guy: "I don't have to F-----g impress you all"<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1087623330[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

PreviousNext

Return to Anime / Manga