Golgo 13: The Professional

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Postby ThePeaGuy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:41 am

Any of you members here who are fans of mature anime ever watched this film? <p>I remember watching it once on the UK Sci-Fi Channel a few years back, when anime was shown frequently then, and I thought the film was not too bad albeit violent.<p>To those who've never heard of the film, here's a brief synopsis of Golgo 13:The Professional.<p>Golgo 13 is the codename of a hitman being sought by goverments around the world because of his legendary skills. He is hunted down by assassins, mercenaries, and authority bought by a wealthy tycoon because one of his last jobs involved the death of his son.<p>
ThePeaGuy

Postby ill-intent » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:56 pm

Golgo 13 was the Japanese Bond of the early 80's. (and just too damned cool!) I still have several of the old manga as well as the 2 NES games and a digital comic for the PS1. The movies were pretty cool as well, but there isn't an official release I've found with the original japanese language (in Canada). I keep saying I'm gonna get an import, but I always forget. !@#$
ill-intent

Postby Arkhan » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Golgo 13:Top Secret Episode............................The Mafat Conspiracy.............1337.<p>The anime was coo' Even the really cheesy animated airplane-y scene
Arkhan

Postby NYKgjl10 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:10 am

Golgo 13 fan here in the flesh!!! I have all of his volume books. Duke Togo is the man 8) 8)
NYKgjl10
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby NYKgjl10 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

NYKgjl10
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: Golgo 13: The Professional

Postby MrKite » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:19 am

ThePeaGuy wrote:Any of you members here who are fans of mature anime ever watched this film? <p>I remember watching it once on the UK Sci-Fi Channel a few years back, when anime was shown frequently then, and I thought the film was not too bad albeit violent.<p>To those who've never heard of the film, here's a brief synopsis of Golgo 13:The Professional.<p>Golgo 13 is the codename of a hitman being sought by goverments around the world because of his legendary skills. He is hunted down by assassins, mercenaries, and authority bought by a wealthy tycoon because one of his last jobs involved the death of his son.<p>

Wow, I thought I was the only one here who heard of this show! I didn't get to watch it until a few years ago when I bought a used VHS copy on eBay, but I have played the NES games before that though, and I loved them both (still do). I have known about the anime before the NES games though, however I did not remember it until a little while after I saw the NES games. The anime was good, but it was really violent. I do think Golgo is a major badass though, and personally, I think he shits all over Bond.
MrKite
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Anime / Manga