Three very good animes.

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Three very good animes.

Postby Abominae » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:47 am

Fruit Baskets - Directed at teen aged girls, but still a really good and very funny anime. Anime whores should not miss this one.

Ah! My Goddess! - Again, Directed at teen aged girls, but really REALLY funny! Plus one of Dan and Den (the tall dark one) looks and sounds like a fit version of an old friend of mine.

Samurai Champloo - Definently for guys. Mujen and Jin are the best!
Abominae

Postby janejana » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:18 am

Ah! My Goddess is actually targeted at teenaged boys. at least, the manga and the OAVs are. though, it's been running for so long and become so popular that a lot of the classic shonen tropes (specifically, a lot of the rampant fanservice) have faded away as the series gained a more general audience.

the tv series animation is a relatively new adaptation and when compared to the manga and old OAVs is very tame....though by today's standards, the sexual overtones in manga and especially the OAV look tame, as well.

but back when AMG was new, it was a risque series at times. <_< and really, no series with teenage girls as its primary target would waste so much time on building motorcycles and racing vehicles. =P
janejana
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:18 pm

You know... I never thought of it that way... and now I feel like a jackass... But a jackass with a great new anime series :P
Abominae

Return to Anime / Manga