Phantasy Star Universe

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Siren » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:20 am

<blockquote>I've heard some songs off of Seventh Son, namely the title track. It's been awhile though, so I can't remember much apart from the keyboards... I think that was the first maiden cd that used keyboards, no? Or at least used them prominently... The chorus of the title cut still sticks in my head to this day, though.<br></blockquote> <p>Well, I haven't listened through Somewhere in Time, but for the most part I would say Seventh Son is the first album with keyboard. Iron Maiden never really went back to it, though a few tracks here and there feature keyboards. The synthesizer is Seventh Son played a minor role, mainly as backround sound, but it really added to the dreamy quality of the album. It would've been nice if they went back to keyboards once and again, but what can you do? Maybe in the next album.
Siren

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Gboy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:11 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Wosu</i><p>In my view it would be a waist to release it on PS2, not because I hate Sony or anything like that but recently evrithing was about the new new generation: PS3, XBox2 Revolution said to be released in the end of the year 2005 for the best or 2006.<p>It's would be sad for Sega to put so much effort in a game to finaly come in the end of 2005 after the party is over.<p>If they want to be talked about with phantasy star at least once in their life time they should put phantasy star Universe not only as one of the first game of new new generation but also as one of the humongest, most incredible game of the moment. (Sorry to say that but despite me loving phantasy star, I barely find an other phantasy star fan once in a year in real life I mean, mastersysteme and megadrive were good but not as talked about as famicom and supernes were... Then PSO for Dreamcast was a big thing only in gamers heart and when it came up 2years later on Cube and Box it end up to be a new old game, people heard about saying it to be good without really knowing it. People were already blinded by FFX devil may cry, Wind waker or even Halo).<p>I might be wrong, I am not a profesional at all and I hope I won't offend people but it's the way I see phantasy star, always in a shadow<p></blockquote><p>But these new systems won't even begin to outsell the current ones until three years of it's release. PSU is meant to be coming out this year anyway and the Ps3 or whatever is coming next is n't available until at least next year. So it's better for Sega to release it now to recoup some profit.
Gboy

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:45 pm

<blockquote>Even if they keep releasing albums like Dance of Death which are simply good instead of outstanding... But I don't want to derail this topic</blockquote><br>Eh, I haven't heard the whole album. I bought the Rainmaker single, which featured Dance of Death (Orchestral) and of course, Rainmaker. I was very pleased with it, but I will be buying No Prayer for the Dying the next time I wish to buy another album.
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Wosu » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:08 am

That's true Gboy, I am just a little bit sad because it might not be a big surprise for everyone. Now everyone knows about the curent systems (PS2 GC Xbox) and Sega won't benefit from the thrill of "game on a brand new systeme"<p>In people's mind, PS2 and other systems tend to be old fashion and now it's PSP and DS systeme that catch the eye and then with the E3 in may (or I don't know when) People will focus on the new new generation systeme.<p>Well I'll still hope PSU to be a success anyway. We'll see that this year.<p>((Hope hope hope hope hope....))
Wosu

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Arkhan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:20 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Heheheheh...<br>A cookie for you if you name the song and the band that I quoted above. Replace Khyron with daughter and him with her.<br></blockquote><p>Bring your daughter to the slaughter by Iron Maiden, gimme my cookie or w.e.<p>PSU looks pretty nice from that one trailer, but whos to say anything about it? The actual site harldy has any info yet. If its like PSO im sure it wont be so bad this time around because of the better technology etc.<p>PSO wasnt really that bad to begin with it was the first Online 3d RPG, it beat the crap out of diablo.....to me its more fun to play then FFXI, i played that for a year, and it got repetitivve, its garbage, but PSO is stil fun right now, over 5 yearlater.
Arkhan

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:07 am

*Gives Arkhan a cookie*
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:42 pm

I am a huge of fan early Iron Maiden, The Paul D'anno era. Iron Maiden and Killers are among my favorite albums of all time. I always wonder what Iron Maiden would have been like had Paul not been kicked out.
Tony Clifton

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:36 pm

I don't know the story of what happened to Di'Anno... was he actually kicked out, or did he leave? <br>Anyway, Killers is a good album, though I'm really more of a fan of the Bruce Dickinson era Iron Maiden.
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Mage1 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:17 am

What is that??? ?o?
Mage1

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Malakai » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:30 pm

Ok Mage1, do me a favor. Stop posting. Read the forum rules until you have them down by heart, but don't post yet. Read how others post and interact with each other with an intellectual interchange, and then if you feel you're up to the challenge try and post something RELEVANT that COMMUNICATES a message to others, and try to make it LONGER than a four word sentence.<p>Basta col fuoco per oggi.
Malakai

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:06 am

Okay, I'll be honest: I don't <i>ever</i> know what you're talking about, Mage1. What exactly did your comment pertain to? It was so vague that it really didn't convey any meaning. So here's a thought: quit being a post whore. No one likes them. Next time, put some <i>actual</i> thought into your posts.
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Arkhan » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:08 am

I think Mage1 is asking what Phantasy Star Universe is.....or.....nah i wont say it its too rude lol
Arkhan

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Neo48 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:37 pm

Perhaps asking what the Bruce Dickenson era is? Or maybe what Iron Maiden is. Or maybe he really is asking what PSU is.
Neo48

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby GroG » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:48 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Neo48</i><p>Perhaps asking what the Bruce Dickenson era is? Or maybe what Iron Maiden is. Or maybe he really is asking what PSU is.<br></blockquote><p>Bruce Dickenson era? Don't scare me...<br>
GroG

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:27 pm

If that's a knock at Bruce Dickenson, I'll have to kill you.
LaconianShot

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Universe