Phantasy Star Universe

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:08 pm

As I've said, PSO is not an MMORPG...
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Neo48 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:02 pm

<blockquote>Episode 3 has more online replayability than Episode 1/2! <br>You've got tournaments every 30 minutes, Meseta, Shops, Contests, etc.. <p>You can play practically anyone and enjoy yourself online. <p></blockquote> <p> %)
Neo48

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:20 am

Ho ho. Neo is getting tired of that...<br>Bring your Khyron, bring you Khyron... to the slaughter! Let him go! Let him go! Let him go!
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Neo48 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:24 am

Haha! I hope Khyron doesn't think I'm angry. I've enjoyed following him around the boards :D
Neo48

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:32 am

Heheheheh...<br>A cookie for you if you name the song and the band that I quoted above. Replace Khyron with daughter and him with her.
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:51 am

LMAO.. if I really cared, I'd be upset Neo.<p>Without our Episode 3 argument, Our relationship would be so boring.<p>Conflict is good..<p>And in the time it takes you to say you hate Episode 3, you could save a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico <p>LMAO
Lord Khyron

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Benoit » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:35 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Neo48</i><p>But if its not MMORPG....then what do you do after you beat the game?<br></blockquote><br>You play it again! Good RPGs have good replay value, as you often haven't seen all of the game in one run.
Benoit

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Neo48 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:29 pm

True Benoit! They do! But, creators are scared that the replay value wont be good...so they try to stay away from that.<p>Look at Diablo 2, that game would have died years ago if it was offline.<p> <blockquote>LMAO.. if I really cared, I'd be upset Neo. <br>Without our Episode 3 argument, Our relationship would be so boring. <p>Conflict is good.. <p>And in the time it takes you to say you hate Episode 3, you could save a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico <p>LMAO<br></blockquote> <p>Haha, well...lets just not take up 5 threads with it then :p
Neo48

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:15 am

No head bangers? No Iron Maiden fans? *Grumble* The song was Bring your Daughter... to the Slaughter, by Iron Maiden...
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby zoothe » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:13 am

I moved this from the other thread as this topic belongs here:<br> <br><blockquote> <i>Originally posted by Benoit</i> <br>1. No, I, and others, don't. Officially it's still in the air. <br>2. Phantasy Star Universe still doesn't have "Online" in it, so, by logic, your previous point is moot. <br>3. I'm fairly certain that PSU will be a regular RPG, considering the trailer and the interview with the event scene director of the game. </blockquote><p>"Officially" it's not been commented on. My feeling, based on the PSU preview trailer, is that Sega will *try* to integrate MMORPG with the classic style. {ie: "PSO 2? Phantasy Star V?"}<p>I have no doubt that PSU will have an "online" feature... really it's just a question of how prominent that feature will be to the overall game. You want to get technical and argue that "Online" isn't in the PSU title? Fine. That's just you being argumentitive as usual... but you knew what meant when I made that "Online" comment so don't play stupid and act like you didn't.<p>So back to the topic: Can Sega successfully combine PSO with the classic PS series to create some kind of ultimate fan pleasing hybrid?<p>In my opinion: probably not.<p>Now have fun quoting me and telling me how wrong I am :)<br><p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1106720193[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Gboy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:37 pm

The rumors are consistent that PSU will be definatly offline and headed for the PS2. Officially nothing has been confirmed.<br>My opinion is this: Sega is releasing PSO:BLUE BURST this year for the PC. I can't see Sonic Team releasing two MMORPG of the same franchise in the same year regardless if it's for<br>diffrent platforms. Besides BLUE BURST is officially stated to have episode 4 among it's content.<p>Looking at their other RPG franchises there seems to be a pattern of releasing two installements of the same franchise with different RPG styles. The notable one of this is SAKURA TAISEN V. The first one that was released last year was STV:EPISODE 0 which was described as an action rpg. The actual proper fifth installement with the traditional SAKURA TAISEN game play is to be released this summer. Maybe they are employing the same idealogy with the PHANTASY STAR series. Release two installements but with different RPG styles. One being online while the other being offline in this case.
Gboy

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Benoit » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:22 pm

<blockquote>You want to get technical and argue that "Online" isn't in the PSU title? Fine. That's just you being argumentitive as usual... but you knew what meant when I made that "Online" comment so don't play stupid and act like you didn't.</blockquote><br>I indeed knew what you meant, but that doesn't make the statement itself right. It's not in the title.<br> <blockquote>The rumors are consistent that PSU will be definatly offline and headed for the PS2.</blockquote><br>I've heard no rumors on a PS2 release apart from a PhotoShopped image of the PSU logo made by a German site known to spread false information.
Benoit

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:10 pm

and even the trailer only has Ps2 on it because of the bad movie capturing..<p>
Lord Khyron

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:14 pm

<blockquote>The rumors are consistent that PSU will be definatly offline and headed for the PS2</blockquote> <br>Consistent rumors? Hahaha! There's nothing <i>less</i> accurate... mob mentality is usually wrong. And it seems to me that "defenitely" and "rumors" contradict each other...
LaconianShot

Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:14 pm

On top of that.. the same page you all are speaking of, which has the PS Trilogy wrong..<p>Also has PSO PLUS with Episode 3 description..<p>Also rumoring PSU to be on PS 2..<p>And people still believe that site?
Lord Khyron

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Universe