The different organizations in the story!

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Saner2 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:04 pm

It's gonna be fun to learn more about the various factions! ^_^<p>the Guardians are said to be a planetary private security organization. their home base seems to be called Guardians Colony, which is a cool spacestation that's probably orbiting one of the 3 planets.<br>I guess their job is either similiar to a Hunter's Guild (a community of mercenaries) OR something of a more unified and disciplined faction.<p>nothing is known about the A.M.F. except the website http://phantasystaruniverse.com/ shows a picture of a large battlecruiser. I think the A.M.F. may be the solar system's military might, since the logo of A.M.F. is 3 circles connected by a ring. That most definitely symbolizes the unity of the 3 planets.<p>The Endrum Collective appear pretty sinister. I don't think they are on SEED's side, but it doesn't seem like their ambitions (whatever they are) would benefit anyone but themselves. also the single pic on the website seems to hint that the Endrum Collective is entirely made up of Casts.<p>IGN revealed Casts are machines created by Humans. Eventually, these machines evolved and developed free will, which lead to equal rights issues between the two life forms. At the end of the Casts' struggle for independence, a system to control Human society by Cast was established. I think the Endrum Collective might be a organization of Casts that demand more control.<br>Because I think IGN made a typo. maybe they mean "a system to control Cast society by Humans was established". that would perhaps explain that Casts are still not given the freedom and rights they desire.<p>SEED appears to be the main threat. an alien invasion of beings that seem to drain the life out of planets, or transform it into something vile and unpure.<p>and Relics appear to be a subject of their own. I predict the relics are native to the planets long before they were even colonized, perhaps. perhaps weapons that could be used to stop SEED.<p>the official website looks like it might include more factions to the list. so this is looking pretty deep and complex.
Saner2

Postby Saner2 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:01 pm

hehe Anna sure must be happy to have a Phantasy Star game name an organization that is a part of the story's main characters to be known as Guardians. ^_^ <p>just as PSO promoted Hunters, from famous hunters like Rudo, and Alys and Chaz and the Hunters Guild, PSU promotes Guardians from Anna's occupation.<p>well originally Guardians in PSII track down Hunters gone bad. but naturally PSU's Guardians are quite different. <p>PSU Guardians are said to be a planetary private security organization. So they are probably like an independant organization that deals with problems going on throughout the solar system. Maybe they are much like a space police. or monster hunters or a little of both.<p>But I dont think Guardians are monster hunters or mercenaries. It seems like the Guardians are a more united and disciplined organization. and I like that. <br>They might simply be an organization that protects anyone or anything that needs to be protected from anyone or anything that threatens their well being. <br>Not like bodyguards but police is not the right word either. <p>or perhaps Guardians are basically protectors of everything within their solar system. all that is good. <br>the appearances of the characters, most of them mainly being Guardians, hints that the organization may not be as uniform as it may seem. since none of them seem to be wearing the same clothes or wear a symbol that represents their organization. <br>Agents in PSII more than likely wore the same uniform because of their strict relations with the government they serve. <p>But the Guardians serve no government. they are a private independant organization. so that means its purpose is much greater than something as loose as a Hunters Guild, which is nothing more than a hub for mercenaries.<p>I doubt Guardians are mercenaries. Why would Ethan need an instructor? mercenaries dont have instructors. they mainly train solo or in the company of others, but no one was regarded as their instructor. <p>maybe the Guardians is kind of like Garden from FF8. <br>well it's hard to say what Guardians are since they characters dress so differently you'd think Guardian Colony is a merc school or something. <p>hmmm. maybe if someone translated what the official site says about Guardians. <p>http://phantasystaruniverse.com <p>^_^ <br>
Saner2

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:43 pm

Eh.. We've seen time and time in the past in games, organizations that claim to be seperate from the government, actually are funded by the government.<p>Arkz in Episode 3, Works.. Etc.<p>I seriously doubt Guardians is independant. It's a nice ruse though..<p>It'll be one plot twist you see coming though..<p>Relics seem interesting.
Lord Khyron

Postby Neo48 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:34 pm

Relics monsters and dungeons that we've seen in videos and screenshots remind me of the Ruins...
Neo48

Postby GroG » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:13 pm

SEED reminds me of final fantasy 8.
GroG

Postby Saner2 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:26 pm

SEED reminds me of Seed, the one who created Rika.
Saner2

Return to Phantasy Star Universe