Opinions about the PSU trailer..

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:01 pm

<blockquote>Once we herd of Neo we were all happy but it wasn't what anyone wanted at all, it went from a tactics game to an action RPG and they still had the nerve to call it "force" Sega is sinking fast as it is, they killed the best SRPG series they had already, god don't let them do it to the best RPG series of all time</blockquote><br>Dude, chill. The game's not even out yet, it could be good. Just like at first I thought PSO Card Revolution (Episode III) was going to be bad, but it turned out great.<br> <blockquote>PSO was bad enough</blockquote><br>Maybe it doesn't fancy you, but it fits the requirement of a Phantasy Star game. God forbit they try something new.
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:26 am

Missagh, Hurry the hell up and give us the info your "Beta Tester" friend got.<p>Don't tell me you gotta move to England to get it O.o
Lord Khyron

Postby gm2987 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:33 pm

<blockquote>Once we herd of Neo we were all happy but it wasn't what anyone wanted at all, it went from a tactics game to an action RPG and they still had the nerve to call it "force" Sega is sinking fast as it is, they killed the best SRPG series they had already, god don't let them do it to the best RPG series of all time</blockquote><br>Dude, chill. The game's not even out yet, it could be good. Just like at first I thought PSO Card Revolution (Episode III) was going to be bad, but it turned out great.<br> <blockquote>PSO was bad enough</blockquote><br>Maybe it doesn't fancy you, but it fits the requirement of a Phantasy Star game. God forbit they try something new.<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p> <br>Dude, chill. The game's not even out yet, it could be good. Just like at first I thought PSO Card Revolution (Episode III) was going to be bad, but it turned out great.<br> <br>Maybe it doesn't fancy you, but it fits the requirement of a Phantasy Star game. God forbit they try something new.<br></blockquote>I am calm o_O Yes it could be good but seriously I'm not getting my hopes up like I did for SFN, In my honest oppion Sega is really sinking try to make all these new kinds of games, instead of staying true to the older series which everyone loves.<p>God forbit it ends up with people saying something related to PSO on every fricking occassion I mention the PS series in RO, or WoW, or anything else -_-'' PSO isn't really that bad of a game, but like FF7 its the only reason people know of the series (Most only know of FF becuase they played FF7 the most overrated game in history) becuase of this people make fun of the PS series because its related to PSO which most people think of a shit, I rather like the PSO series for gameplay, story wise it was total shit but what I hate is how PSO gave the rest of the PS series a bad name.<br>
gm2987

Postby Arkhan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:15 pm

PSO wasnt bad. I like it. Its noe of those games you can sit and enjoy w/ all your friends because of multiplayer. It was also the first 3d online game if im not mistaken ...not to mention, the first online console RPG, it's pretty ground breaking if you think about it, and the story isn't entirely bad if you immerse yourself properly.<p>Yes FFVII is overrated, thanks to sony lol....but it was still a nice game. <p>Sega isn't stinking extremely bad with their games as most would expect due to their system failure....the shining force remake for gameboy is nice, the phantasy star ports are pretty nice, not to mention all of the other Xbox and gamecube games, like Panzer dragoon, and Shenmue....we even have Phantasy Star remakes on the way...sega is doing fine..games have always been their strong point.<p>All we need now is a new Altered Beast.
Arkhan

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:47 pm

<blockquote>God forbit it ends up with people saying something related to PSO on every fricking occassion I mention the PS series in RO, or WoW, or anything else -_-'' PSO isn't really that bad of a game, but like FF7 its the only reason people know of the series (Most only know of FF becuase they played FF7 the most overrated game in history) becuase of this people make fun of the PS series because its related to PSO which most people think of a shit, I rather like the PSO series for gameplay, story wise it was total shit but what I hate is how PSO gave the rest of the PS series a bad name.</blockquote><br>That's pretty poor a reason, especially seeing as many people who play games nowadays started on the PSX, which came AFTER the Genesis/Mega Drive. Not to mention that the last Phantasy Star game came out in 1994 for crying out loud. You still expect everyone to remember?<p>PSO didn't give the original series a bad name. What gives it a bad name are those 3D fanboys who think that old games and 2D games suck.<p>PSO has a good story. Look at my script site. 570 kB of script, most of it being story.<br> <blockquote>All we need now is a new Altered Beast.</blockquote><br>They are working on it. No joke.
Benoit

Postby Arkhan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Yep I know they are :), and yes, 3d fanboys can suck a fat one. Theres one in my Cisco networking class. "Dude lets play counter strike, its amazingly awesome"....I get on it, kill my own team, then log out. It's a joke, they're always saying "All the games you play are retarded and from like 1980". <p>Yes theyre old, but, the graphics took less effort, and they spent more time on content. I'd rather play centipede for 10 hours vs. Counterstrike for 10 minutes, ...and...any yutz with MS Paint could do the centipede graphics..., I rarely play any new games unless I know they're worth it, like Working Designs games (those arent even 3d...>_<), the Elder Scrolls series, AD&D games, and then anything robot related....everyone with an Xbox should own steel batallion :).<p>2d games are better, it's the way life goes.
Arkhan

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:41 pm

I agree with most of your post, but not with this:<br> <blockquote>2d games are better, it's the way life goes.</blockquote><br>Neither is better than the other. Both have their strength and weaknesses.
Benoit

Postby Arkhan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:44 pm

2d games are better, mostly because theres more of them that dont suck. Alot of 3d games, suck.......when holographic uber virtual games come out, ....itll be "3d games rox0r, Holograms sux0r!".....its a vicious, pointless cycle ^_^
Arkhan

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:48 pm

My god, Arkhan, I seriously hope that you weren't one of the Steel Battalion players who bought the compatible cockpit.
LaconianShot

Postby Arkhan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:20 pm

There was a cockpit?... hmm<p>we had a LAN party/ steel battallin tournament at my friends, and for steel battalion we threw green lightbulbs in the lamps, and busted out his brother fog machine, it was pretty damned cool if you ask me!...4 big TVs, and fog everywhere, it was sweet, except for .....when the settings were gimped and we couldnt see the TVs...ventilation had to take place,...-_- it was worth it hahaha
Arkhan

Postby Neo48 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:33 am

Awesome..sounds crazy :p <p> <blockquote>Sounds to me like someone is seeing only what he wants to see... <br>First flaw: nearly anything can look like a HUmar. Doesn't take a lot. <p>Quote: <br> <br>And, I must say...that was a FOmarl using Gibarta...if you can't see that, your blind! <br> <p>What really defines a FOmarl? A female Force. What's a Force? A technique user, of course. So, it looks like a female technique user casting Gibarta... this can easily apply to the original PS. <p>Quote: <br> <br>Ah yes, and the HUcast. He seemed to be using something that resemble Black King Bar. <br> <p>You assume it's a HUcast. Sorry, but that could purely be an android using a black staff. You're putting a lot of stock in very little actual evidence... just because the title has "PS" in it, and you see an android, that doesn't make the android a HUcast. <br>Eh, that's not going to fly. There's simply not enough similarities to call it a successor to either PS or PSO. <p></blockquote> <p>It was a joke ~_~
Neo48

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:57 pm

Didn't sound like a joke at all.<br>
LaconianShot

Postby Missagh » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:13 am

<blockquote>Missagh, Hurry the hell up and give us the info your "Beta Tester" friend got. </blockquote> <br>Oh, I forgot about that, yes, I'll do it asap. I've been to busy with sorting things up on my cpu's.
Missagh

Postby Neo48 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:03 pm

<blockquote>Didn't sound like a joke at all. <br></blockquote> <p>Missagh must install the joke tabs :D
Neo48

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star Universe