Ah, Phun times...

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Ah, Phun times...

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Reposting lost thread:
WING-0, Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:13 pm wrote:Today, since I was feeling like crap because of utter boredom, I decided to hang on to my balls and go online with Phantasy Star portable (PSp from now on to make it shorter and avoid confusing it with the PSP). However, I didn't go online with my US copy. I went online with the Japanese copy since I lave a higher level character there.

So, I found a room with people playing and thought: "Ah, what the frak... embarrassment, here I go..." (I'm not confident in my conversational skills yet).

So, I got in, and greeted them. They told me they were in the middle of a mission, but that they could cancel it no problem. One of them began hosting, and we started playing. My limits soon became apparent, as I was never taught Japanese slang!

When I couldn't understand anything, I asked them to tell me in normal Japanese, and just when I was expecting an insult, they turned out to be actually quite polite and kind. Of course, I got my nickname, Mekishiko san, or Mexico-San, which oddly, didn't bother me in the least

WING-0, Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 pm wrote:Subject: Second part because I'm stranded in my room, using the PS3.

What am I getting at?

This is actually where my complaining starts... When I have played with people from the US and the UK, I have found the people to be either casual, nice, tolerant, or in many cases, RUDE... With the rudeness sector bordering 60%...

WHAT THE HELL!?

I actually had a really fun time with people that were aware of the language barrier between us, but actively made an effort to communicate with me and instruct me (Hell, I learned several words today). How come people that are easier to communicate with, once I make a mistake (English is not my main language, and it becomes quickly evident with live communication), what I get is a "speak english, not moonspeak, *" and then I'm kicked out of the game?

I'm not saying ALL people in the US or the UK are rude, but sadly, that is what I have encountered... I'm glad I have found people to play with that are really cool, and to be honest, I'd like to play with YOU, guys.

It does bother me that my block list is way above 40 right now...

WING-0, Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 pm wrote:Subject: GODDAMN, here goes the 3rd...

This is not a Playstation Network exclusive thing, however. I found this same problem in XBox Live, especially in competitive games like Halo.

Curiously enough, the Metal Gear Online community, despite being a REALLY competitive bunch, is actually nicer...

The rudest message I received was a "F**k, man, that was a f**king good headshot. Cover my ass".

Incessant giggling ensued on my part...

After all, I usually play sniper, as I suck in close quarters... BADLY.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Return to Phantasy Star Universe