[06 Sep 2007]-- Archive of Beyond Algo is up

The latest news in the Phantasy Star community

Postby rodrigo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:21 am

So the old folks of this forum are still all around... they just changed names...

is naflign out there?

Maybe even neilast just changed her nickname....
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:17 am

WING-0! I remember you. Didn't you change your online name to Vlad a couple years ago?
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby mute » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Last edited by mute on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mute
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Hey Wing.. I have one word for you..

Your most favorite word in the universe:

BOOBIES
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm

mute wrote:Neilast now goes by the online name of Elesia and runs a Star Wars fanfic site called Chamber of Gray. Unfortunately you can't see the site as it is only viewable to members and she isn't allowing anymore registrations.

http://chamberofgray.com/

I assume she has given up on Phantasy Star. Why didn't she just say so instead of vanishing, making many phans speculate for many years as to what happened to her?

Even worse, leaving us all in the dark when it comes to her Beyond Algo saga. :(
BenoitRen

Re: Yo!

Postby Dorrinal » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Prototype #6 wrote:Hi, sorry for replying so late.

I used to go by the handle Wing-0.

I dunno if anyone else knows me, haha.

As for your nick... My memory is kind of fuzzy, haha.
If there is some other old people that remembers me,
could you "raise a hand"?

*raises his hand*

Sorry I missed this post; I spend most of my time here browsing the "Phantasy Star" section. It's good to hear from you again! I haven't changed my nick in ten years, just chopped off the "Blackmantle" bit.
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Heh.

Postby Prototype #6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 am

Nice to see some people know who I am.

Dorrinal: I remember now. Cool!

Khyron: Weren't you in PSU once pissing people off? I remember a Lord Khyron there.

I read Beyond Algo a few days ago. A pity it's incomplete.

What if someone else continued it?
What you read in this person's posts should only be seen as his personal opinions, and never be taken too seriously... Although it'd be good if you did... =P
Prototype #6
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

hmmmm...

Postby Prototype #6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 am

That question comes to my mind because a friend of mine got interested in PS after playing PS2 on my insistence and then he beat all of them on pure love alone.

Afterwards he read PS:BA and hit the cliffhanger. However, we don't know about the status of PS:BA as a literary work, nor your reaction to a possible continuation to it.

We talked, and we would like to do an effort to finish it after some ideas. He'd write and I'd translate as well as do a few illustrations.

What do you all think?
What you read in this person's posts should only be seen as his personal opinions, and never be taken too seriously... Although it'd be good if you did... =P
Prototype #6
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

addendum...

Postby Prototype #6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 am

Sorry for the multi posting, my PC is being repaired and the PSP can't do big posts.

My friend was reluctant to talking about this in a forum since we both agree PS:BA still IS Neilast's work. However, if he did write new chapters, it'd be a "fanfic's fanfic", which is not much different from what Neilast has done in the first place.

Well, the idea is there. He's thought of an original story, but his is very basic as of now. Id apreciate if you`d think about it and give him an honest and kind answer.
Prototype #6
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Wow... a continuation to BA...

I read it years and years ago and it's the secondmost PS fanfic epic that's left a lasting impression on me. It'd be great to see it continued, but I also think that you should in no way try unless you can get Neilast's blessing or permission.

Even if her site is locked I wonder if a contact address could be pinned down or something...
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby mute » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Last edited by mute on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mute
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Wing.. On every version of PSO my Hunewearl had the same name.

Aura S. Rose.

I've never used Lord Khyron on any PS online game. I use one Newman female only on PSU.

Aura S. Rose is her name.

P.S. Wing how dare you forget me! You forgot our times on the PSDB back prior to 2000 and after! You forgot our AIM conversations.. You forgot Lord Khyron Kravshera of the PSDB! I am hurt! You forgot my AIM name of Mistergigo too!
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 pm

If you PM me the message you want to send her I can send it on.

Why doesn't she just come out? This reeks of an attention-whore who enjoys her cult status in the community.
BenoitRen

Postby mute » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:46 am

BenoitRen wrote:
If you PM me the message you want to send her I can send it on.

Why doesn't she just come out? This reeks of an attention-whore who enjoys her cult status in the community.

What are you? Elesia never mentioned any of the Phantasy Star material she had written. It was only because I had some of her writings she had sent me and I googled one of her pen names that I even found this. You are an idiot. She's such an attention whore she never communicated with any of you, never contributed to the sites again, never bothered to visit or maintain her own site. Are you jealous that your site is just a copy? What reeks of 'attention-whore' is someone who copies a popular site and then throws a hissy fit when the original creator is found. Grow up, get a life and stick your PS community up your arse. You can forget any message being passed on.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget to delete this before everyone sees what a whiny little bitch you are.
mute
Pinchant
Pinchant

Hmmm...

Postby Prototype #6 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:01 am

Three messages. One for Khyron, one for Benoit and another for Elesia/Neilast.

Khyron: No, I didn't forget you. It's just that we haven't talked in years and seeing a Khyron in PSU made me think it was you. I don't use any chat clients anymore since I have become more seclusive. This is as much as I socialize on the internet.

Benoit: I have to respectfully stand against you in such an argument. Whatever reasons she had for leaving are hers alone. Why she chose not to contact anyone that we know of is something she only knows and we should respect her privacy and decisions.

I must say your comment was rude and way out of line. I respect you as an intelligent and fun person, that's why I must be honest with you and tell you this: Out of line.

Mute: I rather write the message here for two reasons:

1.- I'm lazy to mess around with the board to learn how to do PMs.
2.- Think of this as an open letter to her.

Whatever choice she makes, everyone will know about later anyways.

Here goes:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings. I used to go by the nickname Wing-0 on the PSDB several years ago and exchanged communication with you for a while.

If your memory is a bit fresh, you may remember I was very interested in your fanfiction series Phantasy Star: Beyond Algo.

It's been several years and the story was never finished. I suppose it could have been a change of interests. Nevertheless, that story still holds a place in the memory of several people.

A friend of mine who played the PS series on my insistence, and after losing a childish bet with me, developed an interest on your fanfiction series after reading it, and arrived at the cliffhanger of the parallel adventures of the characters. He has expressed an interest in continuing the story if you would allow it with assistance provided by me in translating it to English.

We would only upload the English version for the community as well as maintaining the characters and setting as similar as possible to the way you envisioned them.

We would like you to allow us to pick from where you left off, although the final decision is yours alone. Should you give a negative response, we would respectfully abide by it.

That is all. Glad you are still writing.

--Prototype #6 (Wing-0 back in the days of the PSDB).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there it goes. Should she reply, please tell me when you can.

Just a yes or no is fine. Should she want to give a more in depth answer, send me a PM... I'll then start learning how to use this thing.

Well, gotta go. My comp just got fixed and I'm catching up on what I was watching before it blew up. Seeyas!
Prototype #6
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star News