Phantasy Star 1-2-3-4 save files

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Phantasy Star 1-2-3-4 save files

Postby toei » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:05 am

Hey all,

I would like to take screenshots from deep in the games to illustrate an article I plan to write about the original series. I have played through the four main games multiple times and know them very well (PSIII and IV, especially, I must have finished 25-30 times each), and will mess around with them again to verify certain things (ie encounter rates, battle speed, technical things), but I don't have the time to replay through all four again from start to finish just to grab a few screenshots. I don't want to just take a bunch of screenshots from the beginning of the games, either. I ended up replaying PS Adventure, Gaiden, and the PS2 text adventures, cause I had only played those once before, and I've got those covered already (I kind of like the adventure games, but Gaiden is horrible).

So, does anyone have save files from any of the main four entries? SRM files would be best, but I could deal with save states for PC-based emulators, too.
toei
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Phantasy Star 1-2-3-4 save files

Postby MrStarbird » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am

I don't have much in the way of save files myself. Someone around here is bound to have something though maybe.

The only thing I can offer are clips from when I did the Phantasy Starathon in April 2017 where I beat all four games back to back in a little over 18 hours (though it's funny now, in a little over a year from now, playing all four back to back will only take about 7-8 hours due to new discoveries). Though, I did heavily glitch Phantasy Star II to make that work in a bit over 2 hours and did a couple of small glitches in Phantasy Star III. If you're just looking for screen grabs, you can use that, just let me know and I can provide you with the link.

If you are looking for save-state files, the only ones I can think of that I have right off are ones for Phantasy Star right before Lassic and Dark Falz for speedrun practice. They were hacked so that I could get there faster to test a new strategy, but for image purposes those could work as well. The only thing is, they are low-level and not with the best equipment (Alis has Ceramic Shield while Odin wears the Laconia Shield, no Mirror Shield).
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby toei » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks for the quick response.
I need the screenshots to be raw (ie no filter or distortion) and in original resolution, so screen grabs wouldn't work, but your PS1 save states might. What emulator are they for? I already took screenshots up to when Noah joins, so with your save I should be able to get to Dezoris and grab a few screens there, plus Lassic and Dark Force themselves.
toei
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby toei » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks! I hadn't come across that site in forever, didn't know it was still around.
Now I'm just missing PS 1 & 3.
toei
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Phantasy Star