Looking for certain Compendium pictures..

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:49 pm

Anyone know of a site that has scanned most of the pictures from the compendium?<p>There are a few piccies I'd really like to see ^^
Lord Khyron

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:31 am

PS Pages has quite a few compendium pics of the characters of PS...but you've probably already checked there.
LaconianShot

Postby ill-intent » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:44 am

I've got a bunch of them saved from way back in the day. If there is anything specific you've got a burning desire to see, I can upload them for a couple of days.
ill-intent

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:34 am

Here are the ones I am looking for.. I will post them.. Pages listed..<p>pg. 53<p>Fal<br>AGE: 1 HIGH: 168 cm [about 5'6"] TYPE: Numan<br>Picture Captions:<br>[Fal in dress] Fal all dressed up. We wanted her to appear in an outfit like this somewhere in the game. [Well, why didn't she? Why couldn't she have been in that dress in the ending? The dress here looks a heck of a lot better on her than the OL-chic blouse and skirt she had on there...]<br>[Fal jumping] A very lively Fal in an action pose. It's good to see that girl so full of energy, isn't it?<br>[head shots] Fal displaying a wide range of emotions. Since she was born not long ago, her naïveté is charming.<br>[full body shot] Her winter gear, used in events on Dezolis. It was rejected in order to have her outfit in the events mesh with her battle outfit.<p>pg. 54<p>Picture Captions:<br>[Fal crying] An image-cut drawn for publication in publicity material. It's the scene where Seed self-destructs.<br>[end poses] The surrounding sketches were drawn for use in the ending.<br>[full-body shot] Settei of a winter outfit used for events on Dezolis, similar to the one on the preceding page.<br>[Fal concerned] Fal has the most settei of all the characters. [Tell me about it.] Makes you wonder if Yoshida-shi has a particular attachment to her.<br>[Fal attacking] An anime-conscious illustration. The original script called for this to be used in an anime visual scene, but it wasn't used after all.<br>[Fal reading] A cut used in the official guidebook. Fal is studying above.<p>[Fal faces] In the surrounding settei, Yoshida-shi's Millennium heroine seems to be inspired by Nei.<br>[strange-looking girl - like a cross between equal parts of Freyna, Shess, and Fal] Since there was strong opposition on the staff to "Nei" [what Fal was originally called], a counter-proposal was made for another heroine. Here are the settei for the "Esper girl".<br>[black-tipped-eared Fal] Yoshida-shi was stubborn, and, once he made the tips of her ears black and changed her name, the character dispute was settled.
Lord Khyron

Postby ill-intent » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:06 am

Sorry, I don't have those. (never seen those online, either)
ill-intent

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:18 am

Wouldn't it be awesome if they were though? ^^
Lord Khyron

Postby Missagh » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:47 am

This site has scanned pics:<br>http://www.sabrecat.net/restoration/<p>Direct link:<br>http://www.sabrecat.net/restoration/psc/<p>Best wishes,
Missagh

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:46 pm

Yeah, seems like no site has them.<br>No site linked on The Phantasy Star Webring has them(um, plug? Though it's not really a plug since it's my point).<br>So unless the site is very well hidden, I don't know a site that has them. :(
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:49 pm

Thanks Missagh, But I can't find the outfit ones.. I must buy a compendium it seems..<p>Good luck tracking it down eh?
Lord Khyron

Postby SheWren » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:54 pm

Many copies are always available on web auctions.
SheWren

Postby Missagh » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:32 pm

Copies sometimes (very rare) pop up at Ebay, though they go VERY expensive. There are a lot of people after them.<p>Best wishes,
Missagh

Postby SheWren » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:06 pm

I meant Japanese auctions: right now there are at least two copies.
SheWren

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:56 pm

Those are two copies of The World of Phantasy Star.<br>I just happened to have a look some time before looking at this thread.
Benoit

Postby SkymanDr » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:51 pm

What? I want those! Where did you see them?<p>If I get my scanner up and running, I might give it a try scanning those pages for you. I won't promise that it will happen anytime soon though.
SkymanDr

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:34 pm

At Yahoo! Japan auctions. There was also a copy of the Drama CD Fanbook.<br>All the prices were quite reasonable, if I may say so myself.
Benoit

Next

Return to Phantasy Star