Remake release pushed back?!

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby hyuga » Fri May 07, 2004 2:17 am

Just for collection purposes, it is worth it, especially when you can get it so cheap. If you really want to play it and understand it, you can always use a dictionary. :-) Although, I admit, after spending an hour on just one conversation, it can get frustrating. ;-)<p>Hang in there zoothe!<br>
hyuga

Postby Benoit » Fri May 07, 2004 7:13 pm

<blockquote>I already know the story.</blockquote><br>But not the dialogue. And that's one of the bad points, which you can't see.<br> <blockquote>As for patience and maturity. Get over yourself. How does getting a video game early make me less mature?</blockquote><br>It's the whole being patient thing. It's mature to wait for a game to come out instead of rushing out to buy it, when you can't understand it.<br> <blockquote>At least I don't sift through these threads looking for arguments to start.</blockquote><br>Me neither. Stop assuming.
Benoit

Postby zoothe » Sat May 08, 2004 1:00 am

<blockquote>It's the whole being patient thing. It's mature to wait for a game to come out instead of rushing out to buy it, when you can't understand it.</blockquote><p>That has nothing to do with maturity.<p> <blockquote>Me neither. Stop assuming.</blockquote><p>I only go by what I see. No assumption here.
zoothe

Postby Benoit » Sat May 08, 2004 7:42 am

*cough* Yeah, right. *cough*<p>Anyway, I read something interesting. Sony has rated the Sega Ages remakes to be low quality, and that's why it forbids Conspiracy Entertainment to release them. So CE tries to get more games on a single disk to release.<br>The same thing happened with the re-release of the Mega Man games on the PSX. Only there it was never released overseas.<br>Only in Japan, people.
Benoit

Postby zoothe » Sat May 08, 2004 8:33 am

I would be seriously pissed off if those remakes never made it over to the US.
zoothe

Postby OnnaWren » Sat May 08, 2004 10:20 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by zoothe</i><p>I would be seriously pissed off if those remakes never made it over to the US.<br></blockquote><p>As would I, but in this current era of, "If it's not Final Fantasy, it's CRAP!" and "If it's not a totally 3-D online cinematic experience, it's CRAP!", well, I wouldn't be surprised if Conspiracy winds up cutting their losses. Pray for a GameCube release- that'd make more sense, actually.
OnnaWren

Postby zoothe » Sat May 08, 2004 11:29 pm

<blockquote>I read something interesting. Sony has rated the Sega Ages remakes to be low quality, and that's why it forbids Conspiracy Entertainment to release them.</blockquote> <p>So what's your source on that? It seems odd that Conspircay Games would confirm a planned release if Sony "forbids" it.<p> <blockquote>Pray for a GameCube release- that'd make more sense, actually.</blockquote> <p>I don't care what system it comes out for, just so long as it comes out in the US.
zoothe

Postby OnnaWren » Sat May 08, 2004 11:31 pm

[quote]I don't care what system it comes out for, just so long as it comes out in the US.<br></blockquote><p>Actually, I like having all of the PS games (with the principal exception of the original IV) on one console- GameCube with Game Boy Player... ^^ Less fuss. :P<br><p>[size=small][Edit by OnnaWren on [TIME]1084059113[/TIME]][/size]
OnnaWren

Postby zoothe » Sat May 08, 2004 11:56 pm

Well, I found this article about the Sony decision:<br>http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=6610<p>But it seems to me that it's less about Sony not wanting the games released as it is about them not feeling that they are "stand-alone" titles. So instead of individual releases, we can hope for multi-game packs, which is fine with me (so long as the PS remakes are all bundled together rather than mixed up in three separate bundles).<br><p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1084061077[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe

Postby OnnaWren » Sat May 08, 2004 11:58 pm

Yes, but, what are the odds, you think? Like someone in a marketing department is going to be THAT smart... -_-<p>"Ah, what the hell, a Sega game's a Sega game, right? Right?"<p>Bleah.
OnnaWren

Postby Cherok » Sun May 09, 2004 4:52 am

Yeah, watch them double the price because there is TWO games in each package now.
Cherok

Postby zoothe » Sun May 09, 2004 6:28 am

I thought the whole point of these new Sega Ages titles were that they were <i>supposed</i> to be "budget titles". So is it that Sony doesn't want to release "new" games that are affordable? Even then: one game for $25 or two for $50, doesn't make a lot of difference. And then if you throw three PS remakes into one package, you're still probably not going to pay more than $50. So where's the logic? I think Sony just doesn't like anything that isn't 3D. I read on the Working Designs forum that getting Sony to approve any game that's in 2D is very very difficult. That's just sad, it's like video game prejudice!!
zoothe

Postby Benoit » Sun May 09, 2004 11:26 am

<blockquote>So what's your source on that? It seems odd that Conspircay Games would confirm a planned release if Sony "forbids" it.</blockquote><br>I read it on the PSDB.<br>And it is possible to confirm a release without Sony seeing it yet to disapprove it.
Benoit

Postby oliquidrusho » Fri May 14, 2004 7:47 pm

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they felt it was poor in quality. With exception to PS Generation 1 - which I read good stuff on besides the purists' take on the game, all the other games have been kinda received poorly. Hell, they look poor. Golden Axe for instance turned out pretty bad - and I saw the screens for that. I appreciate the effort, but if you're gonna invest money into remaking a 2D game into polygons, make sure you use at LEAST half of the power of the PS2, not half of the PS1's. lol. To be fair, I never played the PS2 versions, so I can't say the gameplay is bad. I think Phantasy star is the only one I really want from these remakes anyway. Maybe Streets of Rage also if they don't make it bad.
oliquidrusho

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star