Sega announces new Phantasy Star Game

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Neo48 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:54 am

I just want a free movement environment where I can kill monsters and find weapons from them to kill better monsters to find better weapons from them, while leveling at the same time, as well as the ability to play with others.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Neo48 on [TIME]1091505265[/TIME]][/size]
Neo48

Postby PSLassic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:00 am

Yes, Neo! Let's hope they make this game as simple as it can get! Screw any story, and any character development. Woohoo go Sega!
PSLassic

Postby Neo48 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:10 am

My point excactly, I was never into the story of many games. Though when it comes to PSO, all I really want to know is how to totally defeat the evil that plagues the universe. <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Neo48 on [TIME]1091506226[/TIME]][/size]
Neo48

Postby PSLassic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:21 am

I was being sarcastic. Story is the most important part of an RPG.
PSLassic

Postby SheWren » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:47 pm

Again...a completely new game!!! We won't have a new PSO, nor a PSV...
SheWren

Postby Neo48 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:28 pm

Well, you got me there PSLassic. Heh. Now, you said screw any character developement, that is a big no no, though you did say you were sarcastic so thats good. Character developement should be the most difficult part of the game, by choosing what you want points to be added to maybe? And, dare me say it, if characters were to have skills unique to there class. But story, don't worry, we've seen that all Phantasy Star games have had story's that are unmatched by many games. But, I'm more of one for the leveling.
Neo48

Postby Saner2 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:52 pm

hopefully there are no EXP penalties for playing with higher/lower level players. <p>
Saner2

Postby Benoit » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:28 pm

<blockquote>Now, you said screw any character developement, that is a big no no, though you did say you were sarcastic so thats good. Character developement should be the most difficult part of the game, by choosing what you want points to be added to maybe? And, dare me say it, if characters were to have skills unique to there class.</blockquote><br>That's not character development. At least not what PSLassic was talking about. He was talking about it in the sense of giving your characters a distinct personality, which would evolve during the course of the game.<br>...At least, that's what I think he meant.
Benoit

Postby Neo48 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:07 pm

Well, the skills that your character have that are unique, whether it be balanced, powered in one area, or lop-sided, is as well something that makes personality. I also want the ability to create a character by its looks, height, ect..
Neo48

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:01 am

You don't care about story?! Why are you playing a Phantasy Star game, then?<br><blockquote>hopefully there are no EXP penalties for playing with higher/lower level players. </blockquote> <br>Hopefully there is. That way your character will level up fairly, without such things as "tanking". I hope ST is more concerned with cheater eradication if this is indeed a MMO(A)RPG.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1091577713[/TIME]][/size]
LaconianShot

Postby Neo48 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:30 am

Well, I didn't get to level 163 by reading everything. Though, if a game just has a really stupid story then I wont play, but I have to admit, when it came to PSO, yes I focused mostly on leveling and finding items. Maybe thats my I have such a hard time finding a game I like, who knows.<p>Now as I mentioned in my Baldurs Gate topic (General Discussion), I was really pissed to hear that the sequel wasn't made for the GC, mostly because of story, pretty much because the game didn't end! After all, finishing at level 16 isn't a whole lot of developement, character wise.
Neo48

Postby Halikus » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:48 pm

I found that another big RGP also suffers from lack of leveling, Knights of the old republic. I mean 20 levels in all and i could have easilly been lv30 by the time i finished but still OT. <p>I feel confident in ST and hope that i will be surpised with the results of PSU, MMORPG or not.
Halikus

Postby PSLassic » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:52 am

<blockquote>Now, you said screw any character developement, that is a big no no, though you did say you were sarcastic so thats good. Character developement should be the most difficult part of the game, by choosing what you want points to be added to maybe? And, dare me say it, if characters were to have skills unique to there class.</blockquote><br>That's not character development. At least not what PSLassic was talking about. He was talking about it in the sense of giving your characters a distinct personality, which would evolve during the course of the game.<br>...At least, that's what I think he meant.<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p> <br>That's not character development. At least not what PSLassic was talking about. He was talking about it in the sense of giving your characters a distinct personality, which would evolve during the course of the game.<br>...At least, that's what I think he meant.<br></blockquote><p>That's correct.
PSLassic

Postby Neo48 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:03 am

Well, then, I also enjoy the design of a character too. But are you saying you would go as far as aging? Walking around with a big old beard at the age of 70 :D <p>Don't get me wrong PSLassic, I am definitely one for all the elements of the character developement. I was making the point that the story isn't what catches my eye...
Neo48

Postby Saner2 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:47 pm

suzu, lv. 6. <p>"hiiiiii. I am suzu and I'm soooo kawaiiiiiiii!!" <p>that kinda personality? :D
Saner2

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star